2.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

I really wanted to like this, but it did not work for me. It just sat on top of my skin, instead of sinking in. As a result, my face felt greasy all day. The scent is also extremely strong. Now I love a strong scent in my products, but if you're sensitive, I would advise you to stay away. Also strange - as I neared the end of the product, the consistency changed. It got more watery. Ugh. This isn't the worse cream I've ever used, but I certainly won't buy it again.

About reviewer (462 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

7 months ago

This is a review for the Renewed Hope in a Jar DRY. I found it just ok. Light in texture but doesn't really sink into skin unless it's really cold out. I found it wasn't a bad moisturizer but certainly not great.

About reviewer (135 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

2 years ago

Not for sensitive skin, it's quite irritating, unremarkable ingredients, bad packaging.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

3.0

2 years ago

I usually use First Aid Beauty's moisturizer but decided to give this a try. I have combo oily skin and this product is not hydrating enough for certain areas of my face (around nose and mouth) which tend to get dry and flakey. On other areas of my face this stuff absorbs quickly and feels light and slightly hydrating. I would stay clear of this product if you have dry or combo skin as it will not help your dry patches. If you have very oily skin this may work for you.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

3 years ago

I am reading all of the negative reviews for Hope In A Jar. I love the stuff. I am 52 and have normal skin. This feels great on my skin. I use it every day. It works great before my makeup is put on. My skin is soft as a baby's. I say-give it a try and see if it works for you~ looks like it is a love or hate relationship. I choose love!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I have dry skin and was hoping this would work. Wrong. Payed £39 for something thats super thin, stings my eyes and both drys my skin out, exacerbates my eczema, and gives me spots all at the same time !! What an overhyped disappointment - my £2 Epaderm is better.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGray

3 years ago

The only hope for hope in a jar (and all varieties of it) is that they change it to hope in a opaque tube in order to preserve the small amount of antioxidants it has. Why so many companies continue to use jars is beyond me; exposing the contents to air--ie OXYGEN--renders ANTIoxidants useless. Additionally, it contains several potential irritants, including lavender oil, limonene, linalool, geraniol, and parabens. At this price, you're paying a ridiculous amount for nothing except some extra moisture and essentially zero anti-aging or skin-repairing benefits. Plus even with freshly washed hands, you're at risk of contaminating the entire jar. Jar products are excellent mediums to grow bacteria, and it doesn't take much. With so many affordable options on the market, this one should stay on the shelf. Check out the Olay line, which has whopping doses of skin-repairing niacinamide, and you can get the full line for the same price as one useless no hope in jar.

About reviewer (106 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

You guys, I can't even describe how horrible this stuff smells. The closest thing that comes to mind is day-old, dirty dishwater with cheap lemon-scented dish soap. I tried for a few weeks to just use the product and get past the smell but ultimately I had to return. I don't feel like the product was doing much for my skin anyway. I'd recommend you check out the Renewed Hope in a Jar - that one smells much better and has a better consistency.

About reviewer (1110 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

3 years ago

Why all of the negative reviews? This stuff is expensive but very worth it to me. I have very sensitive, oily skin that breaks out real easily and I needed something that would moisturize my skin without leaving it bumpy or greasy. This is it!!!!! I use it 4 times a week morning and night. On the off days I use my medicated Rodan+Fields treatments. The consistency of this is a very light, whip cream texture that seamlessly melts into the skin.

About reviewer (423 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

it is a no no no for me. i applied this at night time. when i woke up in the morning i feel my face so soggy moist. even after i wash my face and do make up like normal (i dont apply hope in a jar in the morning).. a few hours in the office throughout the day my face feels so soggy moist. eewwww. my make up ruin.. it is a very disgusting feel. i tried again another time and the same thing happen. i just cant apply it to my face anymore. it is a no no no product for me. and the smell... ewwww too

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age36-43