Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types
Philosophy Hope in a Jar

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

I am reading all of the negative reviews for Hope In A Jar. I love the stuff. I am 52 and have normal skin. This feels great on my skin. I use it every day. It works great before my makeup is put on. My skin is soft as a baby's. I say-give it a try and see if it works for you~ looks like it is a love or hate relationship. I choose love!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have dry skin and was hoping this would work. Wrong. Payed £39 for something thats super thin, stings my eyes and both drys my skin out, exacerbates my eczema, and gives me spots all at the same time !! What an overhyped disappointment - my £2 Epaderm is better.

on 12/14/2016 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The only hope for hope in a jar (and all varieties of it) is that they change it to hope in a opaque tube in order to preserve the small amount of antioxidants it has. Why so many companies continue to use jars is beyond me; exposing the contents to air--ie OXYGEN--renders ANTIoxidants useless.

Additionally, it contains several potential irritants, including lavender oil, limonene, linalool, geraniol, and parabens. At this price, you're paying a ridiculous amount for nothing except some extra moisture and essentially zero anti-aging or skin-repairing benefits. Plus even with freshly washed hands, you're at risk of contaminating the entire jar. Jar products are excellent mediums to grow bacteria, and it doesn't take much.

With so many affordable options on the market, this one should stay on the shelf. Check out the Olay line, which has whopping doses of skin-repairing niacinamide, and you can get the full line for the same price as one useless no hope in jar.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Why all of the negative reviews? This stuff is expensive but very worth it to me. I have very sensitive, oily skin that breaks out real easily and I needed something that would moisturize my skin without leaving it bumpy or greasy. This is it!!!!! I use it 4 times a week morning and night. On the off days I use my medicated Rodan+Fields treatments. The consistency of this is a very light, whip cream texture that seamlessly melts into the skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love the smell! melts into skin like butter! I've tried the renewed Hope in a Jar, but I like this better!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Smells just like melted plastic

on 12/9/2015 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This broke me out terribly. I woke up with tiny bumps and super red skin all over my face. I normally don't react to products and don't break out hardly at all, so this was a surprise. I thought about what new products I had tried out and this product was definitely the culprit.

I had a little deluxe sample of this from Sephora, I didn't even use that much but after one application, I knew I'd never buy/use this again. I am wondering what ingredient did this, so that I can stay away from it in the future.

I find that this moisturizer is enough to tame the dry skin I get in the winter, but not cause my oily skin to get worse. I only use it at night, unless I need it as a spot treatment for dry skin in the morning. I like the packaging and price point is good. I think I've been through 4-6 jars in the past few years.

Hope in a jar may not smell to good but I like how it moisterizes my skin. Its not that refreshing as others but it does moisterise.

on 7/6/2015 9:49:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

the smell is not unbearable at all. the first time i used it, i found the smell rather unpleasant. but after that, it doesnt bother me anymore. it is a moisturing cream that has exfoliatiing properties. i dont use it during the day. During night, i use it and my skin texture looks better. the consistency is great and has a liquid feel. Be careful not to apply too near your eyes because it stings.i feel that it did what it says. however i wont repurchase it because i would prefer to have a moisturizer and exfoliator separately used.