New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - TranslucentNYC Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product, it's cheap and a perfect setting powder. Awesome amount for the 3 dollar price tag.

I really like this product; especially for the price I got it at $2.79 at Walmart. This is a very lightweight, fine powder with no detectable scent. I use this powder to set my foundation. I just use a kabuki brush to apply this powder; not the sponge that comes with the product (application is difficult when too much powder is on the sponge). I find that this powder doesn't keep me matte the whole day (since i get very oily by the end of the day) without retouch-ups, but this is better than using none at all (and looks better too when applied). As for the packaging, I really don't like it since i can't just simply throw it in my bag on the go since the lid would pop right off, but I really mind. What i do is just wrap an elastic band around the container and I'm good to go! Although the packaging isn't particularly the best, for the price I can't expect more from such an inexpensive product. Although this is such a nice product, I wouldn't repurchase since I'm starting to gravitate towards tinted powders, but if i needed a translucent powder, I would definitely repurchase this one!

PROS:
- lightweight
-fine powder
-no scent
-inexpensive

CONS:
-packaging
-doesn't keep me matte the whole day

on 8/6/2012 1:48:00 PM

Packaging is not good at all. When opening the top to use some of the product I would need to have a paper towel to catch all the extra powder that cumulates under the lid. The powder also looks white on my face which I did not like at all.

on 3/1/2012 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hands Down! Thia is the best powder ever! My makeup stays fit for the longest, it gives my face a nice look, it is only $3 bucks! For me this works as good as a high end powder even better. U Can NOT go wrong with this! Highly Recommend there is no need to spend more than $20 on a powder when this one does the job && better! Everybody hates the container but the formula its self is AMAZING!

on 1/19/2012 12:01:00 PM

Admittedly, I haven't had much success with NYC cosmetics; however, this product is a hands-down win for me!

I use this on a daily basis and have never had any issues with breakouts or irritation. It never looks cakey...ever.

This is very similar to another much-loved product for me, Clinique Blended Face Powder, but 10x cheaper.

on 11/11/2011 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've repurchased this product quite a few times, and you can't go wrong. The price is amazing, under $4 at most drugstrores. Alot of people are complaining about the packaging but I don't feel like my lid comes off super easy, I feel like it kind of "suctions" down. I've tried the Cover Girl loose powder before and definitely prefer this. I do find it a bit messy, but it's worth it for me. It leaves a nice silk like finish on my face after my foundation. I've tried this with quite a few different foundations and it's worked perfectly every time!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is such great stuff for the price. It leaves my skin looking very smooth, and not powdery unless you way overdo it. I have the translucent and Naturally Beige. It's only $3 each! You get so much product too! This isn't my HG loose powder but if it was, I would not be running out anytime soon!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

for starters, the packaging is horrendous. the top of the container just sort of slides on and off without a anything holding it in place. that being said, the powder never fails to end up everywhere. nonetheless, i love the product itself! i've never had a problem with cakeyness. granted, it doesn't have much oil control at all, but it's great for touch ups. it does manage to set my makeup nicely without causing my face to change to an odd color like so many other powders i have tried also. and i mean, let's face it, it's darn cheap! i give it four stars. minus a star for packaging and messyness. this is definitely not a product to travel with unless you can find a better solution to packaging.

on 6/28/2011 10:36:00 PM

Well to begin with i feel this powder leaves my skin looking ghostish no big deal it goes away within the first 15 mins
as far as oil controls goes its not that great and i have super oily skin >< so its nothing amazing
would i buy this product again? probably not, i prefer my ELF's HD transculent powder

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

the powder was ok but then the packaging sucked. so i just threw it away after a few tries. i couldnt stand the packaging. the packaging is terrible. it leaks everywhere.