Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.8

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

on 2/5/2016 6:28:00 PM

The colors are bright and the colors are pretty you get 88 eye shadows they are small but they last forever. The price I think is reasonable 20 bucks for 88 eye shadows that will last you over a year (or so I've heard) but the one problem they need to fix is the packaging once I had an old one (I got a new one for my birthday I threw it away for some odd reason) I dropped it once and one of the eye shadows shattered it was still useable I didn't break the whole eye shadow but it disappointed me. also I wish the mirror would stand up on its own it doesn't so I have to hold it up and that makes my hands ache. but id still by it even with those imperfections the colors are very pretty!

on 3/29/2014 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love the Metal palette! I got for 5 bucks on another website, very good pigmentation, good color selection, and great price. A must have!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I'm just going to be straight up: I do not like this palette. Even for the price point, these are not good. I'm not saying that all of them are awful, but even the ones with good pigmentation do not last because they have such a thin texture. Its very difficult to pick up product, and when you do get some it wears off and creases like nobody's business. I bought mine for like $15 ( bought the shimmer palette too, which is slightly better) so I wasn't too upset about losing money... Although I haven't had good experiences with this palette, try some of the hot pots! They are significantly better. Way better. And still pretty cheap. Overall, even if I was a beginner, I wouldn't buy this. The rest is nice though... packaging is fine, price is good... but the product is not too great :( i really wanted to like this.

on 7/14/2012 7:01:00 AM

i bought it and i love it!!

on 12/30/2011 9:54:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Ok, I wont lie--these colors ARE kind of chalky. BUT, if you use these shadows wet, it makes all the difference. Most people don't seem to notice this, but on the website, it does say they are able to be used wet. So, I would say to you, use these shadows wet for the best look. I think the shade range of this palette is great, it has so many crazy bright colors and also some neutrals, which is a good balance. I really do like this palette, even though some of the reviewers seem to hate this palette and coastal scents as a company. But I wouldn't repurchase because 1) I don't see myself ever running out of these shadows and 2) I don't really NEED 88 more eyeshadows. Good for beginners and those who love brights.

on 12/30/2011 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have beige medium skin so some of the colors do not pop like i would necessarily like, although with the use of my NYx creme pencil it helps alot...which u should be using anyways...I love the blues and purples and yellows.. Also good colors for doing smokey eyes too. I really love this palette because it provides a wide variety of color. Not every color is going to work for every body because not everybody has the same skin tone. The use of a primer and white base is a must! And I have not had any colors fall out..although I am not tossing it around and upside down either :)

I was super excited for this palette when I ordered it and I thought I was going to use it all the time. Honestly I rarely touch it. I used it for about 2 weeks and then forgot about it. It is nothing special. Don't get me wrong it is a good palette but, I grab for my Urban Decays ones way more. Some of the colors in this palette are a bit chalky too and some colors irratate my eyes and make them water. It's a cool idea for a palette just I didn't need it as much as I thought I did.

on 8/30/2011 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this pallet, but lets be honest for about 20.00 for 88 eye shadows they are not all going to be winners. Although I do feel that most of the shadows are pigmented, with little to no fall out, some are crap. But I also feel that way about a lot of pallets even the high end ones.

The only real downside is you must use a primer with this pallet but I feel like that is a give with any eye shadow high end or drug store. And the packaging is meh, not the worst but defiantly not anything great.

This is great pallet for anyone who needs/wants a lot of colors but doesnt want spend a lot.
Edit. The more and more I wear this pallet the more shades I find are either not milled to my liking or fade badly. I am removing another lippie for this reason.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This Palette is Great! For a few years now I've been eyeing this, but I never got the chance to sit down in front of the computer to buy it hhaha. When I finally got it, I was surprised to see the palette wasn't too big. It was smaller than the size of a magazine. This is great for traveling since it's flat, lightweight, and has almost all the colors you would need for any occasion! This is a must have! It's pigments are great, and there are so many colors! I find myself not buying anymore eye shadows because all I need is in my cs palette. I highly recommend anyone getting this, and even if you don't find it as useful, 20 bucks isn't so bad. And as for amount of eyeshadow contained in this palette...there are so many colors to use I hardly find myself using just one, so I think it would be hard to run out.

on 7/31/2011 5:53:00 PM

I bought this a few months ago, and I love it!
Some people may think it's really pricey, but honestly, you're getting 88 really amazing eyeshadows, and what'd you expect? For it to be $8? I think this is around $18, but I got it for $14 since they were having a sale.
The whole overall palette is actually smaller than I thought it'd be; the eyeshadows are about dime size, but it's still going to take you a while to go through them. Some of them are a lot more pigmented than others, but that's ok, you can just layer them wet.
What I don't like though, is the packaging. It's very flimsy and when the palette first arrived, there was a broken eyeshadow pan and it got everywhere, so just be really careful with this.
But overall, this was a very "worth-it" type of buy, and I especially recommend this to beginners. (: