Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Filtered by age: 19-24
Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.8

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

on 8/27/2014 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a great, great, product for someone just starting out. There is literally every color you could possibly need and they are all true to pan pigmented, smooth and blendable. Great value. Cheap packaging that does not travel well, but well worth it anyway.

I he the matte daylight palette. Surprisingly great for such a low price! If you're used to MAC shadows, you might be disappointed, but truthfully these are not bad. Better than most, if not all, drugstore brands, at the very least.

Some colours are better and more pigmented than others, but that's to be expected when you have 88 to choose from. I don't wear eyeshadow that often, but I love having all the options to choose from. There's colours there for anything from daytime wear to Halloween.

on 10/15/2013 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this on a whim because it was something like eight dollars. Overall, it's an okay palette and it's worth eight bucks, sure. It's not as blendable or creamy as a lot of people would tell you, though. Sometimes I think people really overhype inexpensive items (like ELF products) and then when I try them my expectations are a little too high and I go "Wait, this is actually pretty meh." My experience with the palette is that it was mostly chalky and not super blendable. However, most colors have pretty decent pigmentation for a low-end priced shadow! It is nice to have this palette if only for the selection of random weird colors that I would never buy, like bright greens, that could be useful for costume makeup or some kind of theme.

The biggest pro to this palette is how cheap it is when it's on sale. It makes me sad when I look at a large collection of hit or miss drugstore makeup and thinking about how if I didn't spend money on stuff that I ended up not liking, I could have bought a few surefire higher end products with those wasted dollars. With this being so cheap for so many shadows, I'll never look at it that way.

If you think you want this, buy it only if it's on sale, and keep your expectations relatively low unless you're used to wearing drugstore eyeshadow.

on 9/13/2013 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I wanted to like this I really did. But I'll be giving my shimmer and my matte palette to my little cousin, it's just not worth it. The light colours do not go on well, I have to layer again...and again..and again...then go..well I think I see it? By then you can forget about blending. The reds and oranges are even a disappointment. The brown tones I found went on well but all shades were chalky and very hard to blend. I would rather buy some pans in a few shades that I love then one of these. Even my urban decay potion primer couldn't save these colours. I will not rebuy.

on 8/12/2013 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a great beginners palette. To experiment with both colors and neutrals, matte really are the way to go. The price tag is greatly affordable, the shadows are vivid and there is a lot of room to try out different things. If you already have a lot of makeup, this may not be for you, I won't be repurchasing, but for a makeup newbie this is a gem!

on 2/5/2013 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Nice selection of colors. Some are matte and some are shimmery. All the colors you need in one palette. Some of the colors are chalky and are hard to work with, but thats just a few. I got this palette when I was a beginner with makeup. I use the dark brown next to the black on the bottom right to fill in my brows. nice pallete to have in your makeup collection. I would order again but I don't think I'll have to because they last a very long time.

I purchased the 88 palette in 2009 when all the youtube gurus raved about it. For the price, the quality was awesome and the shadows had great pigment and lasting power. HOWEVER.... I recently purchased it again (Nov. 2012) and the quality seems to have gone way down. The eyeshadows are on par with cheap drugstore makeup and barely show up. Luckily I got it on sale for $8.88 this time.
On a positive note, shipping was super fast from the Coastal Scents website. I live across the country and got it in 2 days.

on 8/22/2012 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have the 88 warm palette and the original 88 but I found that I used this one the most! I've had it for years now, and they are perfect as when I first bought them. I would definitely buy it again, whenever it runs out (which I don't see any time soon!). I used this with my Too Faced primer and it works perfect!
I would say 98% of the pots are very well pigmented, then there are those that aren't so much... but usually you can find a color that is similar if you must have it :P
You need to buy this, it's amazing!

Let me give you some background info first before I dive into this product.

I'm young, I am 16 , so money just doesn't grow on trees for me. Haha. I don't have a steady job yet and I'm not a professional, so you can see where the bias come.

Now to the review- I LOVE this palette, for a couple different reasons.

1. The colors - I love all these colors ; they are bright, pretty, and REALLY fun to play around. I would say this is more an amateur palette. I did stage makeup for a community theater's play of "The Little Mermaid", so it was an awesome go-to for the greens and the blues and i made some pretty blended looks. They do blend very well. The colors for me are a 10, but once again thats bias...because I don't really work with everyday looks.

2. The Pigmentation - Its pretty well pigmented, I mean its not amazing but the coloring is pretty decent, especially the dark colors. They all are awesome except some of the lighter colors I feel aren't as pigmented. I'd give the pigmentation a 7.5

3. The Price/Shipping/Overall - Is amazing lets just say that. I think I got the palette for 19 with shipping, but they gave me like some weird discount. I also received a little pot of a free sample of their mineral eyeshadow, which was a cute and awesome surprise, I love it. There was an "I <3 Makeup" bumper sticker in the box too, which is ADORABLE. The packaging was good, everything came intact and nothing was damaged or broken. I give it a 9. :-)

If you want to check out any of my work, check out my instagram page @makeupbymadz , and you can see that look I was talking about from the Little Mermaid using all costal scents colors from the palette! Be sure to follow me if you like what you see ! thanks! :-)

on 7/14/2012 7:01:00 AM

i bought it and i love it!!