Paul Mitchell Shampoo One

Paul Mitchell Shampoo One

Not tested on animals

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Chloride, Panthenol, Bisamino PEG/PPG-41/3 Aminoethyl PG-Propyl Dimethicone/White Ginger/PEG-12 Dimethicone, Bisamino PEG/PPG-41/3 Aminoethyl PG-Propyl Dimethicone/Algae/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf/Anthemis Noblis/Henna/Jojoba/Rosemary/PEG-12 Dimethicone, Wheat Germ Oil, Polyquaternium-11, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Citric Acid, Hydroxypropyl, Methylcellulose, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbarnate.

on 11/6/2016 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Whenever I need to swap shampoos due to scalp issues, I almost always turn to Paul Mitchell. It isn't because the PM products have anything particularly special about them, but it is more about what they don't have. In this case, Shampoo One doesn't smell like artificial fruit candy, and doesn't contain SLS. The fragrance is coconut--not my favorite, but preferable to some of the alternatives. Shampoo One does a great job of cleaning my hair without over stripping. I would venture to say, it is actually better than Shampoo Two (clarifying shampoo) in terms of keeping oil at bay and to remove buildup from styling products. It also helps maintain my color longer than my favorite Suave shampoo. The main issue I have with PM is the price--I really don't think the cost is justified. However, there are some times when it fits the bill, so I will continue to purchase on occasion.

This is a great shampoo. Cleans hair, doesn't strip it of moisture and smells great. No wonder it's a classic. Would repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This is just an average daily shampoo with no extra bells and whistles. It's really nothing special, although it does an adequate job at cleansing my fine hair. Honestly though, I wouldn't say this is any better than a $4 Garnier shampoo. I hesitate to say I'd repurchase this again, although I don't really have any strong negative feelings regarding this product either. It's just...meh.

on 3/12/2016 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite shampoo! Its a classic that I always go back to. Its gentle, yet you get a good lather. It smells like coconuts. You dont need to use a lot. For a salon brand, its very affordable.

on 7/3/2015 10:34:00 PM

This shampoo smells amazing. Like coconuts! It is very volumizing, but my hair gets all wierd when I use volumizing products because it makes it course and frizzy! But this product made my hair SO shiny! It was a little frizzy but the shine and softness were really nice! The price is so expensive though... But overall it is a nice poo.

on 2/20/2015 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This shampoo cleans pretty deeply and is therefore a bit drying. I am pretty used to sulfate-free shampoos so this is a lot harsher by default. That said, it leaves my hair pretty shiny. I use this on occasion when I plan to straighten my hair. The smell is pleasant, as someone said, a coconutty soap smell that doesn't longer forever. The only real problem is my scalp gets unbearably itchy for a while after I use this. My skin is really sensitive and showers always leave me itchy all over, this just makes it worse. I still recommend trying it, because it's a decent shampoo.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has been my Holy Grail shampoo for years.

I have had various degrees of hair color and perms over the years/decades and this never stripped the color nor changed the color nor altered the perm (yes I have used this shampoo that long now).

Has a coconut-type smell. Lathers nicely and rinses well.
Leaves hair feeling adequately clean without stripping and soft yet not flat (some shampoos do) and even leaves my hair feeling full (my hair is medium..I guess some might say it is medium-fine).

Have re-purchased this more times than I care to remember. I do on rare occasion alternate it with another shampoo, as they say hair can begin to not respond to the same shampoo used over and over, but I always come back to this.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like that Paul Mitchell does not test on animals. :)
A second thing is I am pretty happy with the troppical/coconut ish scent which doesn't last too long on my hair. I noticed that this shampoo is really just a gently wash and somehow it gave my hair nice volume and shine.
The first time I used this shampoo and went into work later that morning some co-workers were asking me if I'd done a change to my hair. Turns out my hair no longer looked dull or "tired". It looked shiny and with bounce to it. It went from ashy dark brown to a nice shiny chestnut brown. It just looked like I got a fresh dye hair job. :D :D :D wow!
I got this at the Ulta liter sale, but the regular bottles are reasonable priced at that store so I would repurchase if I ran out.

I have fine hair with a slight wave in the under layer. The smell of this shampoo is amazing! Like a piņa colada! It all kinda stops there. If I use it more then 2 days in row it makes my hair looks coated and heavy. It's a little drying too. I'll use it once in a while till it's gone but will not repurchase.

My stylist friend twists my arm and makes me use Paul Mitchel. LOL. That said, I have reserves about some of their products, and plain out hate, but there are a few that I really love and "The Shine" is one of my HG products. I have written a review about it previously. Another great product is Shampoo One that thoroughly cleanses and leaves lots of shine. It's very gentle so it's great for my whole family, including the kids and so I buy it in liters with the pump. The price is a little up there, but you only need a dime sized amount (one pump full) so a bottle lasts my family of four for many months. Great gentle shampoo that won't strip or leave residue. I love the smell too! HG product for this girl and her family. Highly recommend.

Popular Shampoos