Avocado Oil

4.4

100% virgin avocado oil, yellow-greenish in color

on 7/20/2016 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i buy this straight from supermarket shelve from the cooking oil Isle at Coles - Approx $10, I bought a small dark glass spray bottle from eBay that I refill with oil.

Having 2 young children, I have limited time and money...In the evening I baby wipe my face and apply this oil neat. The oil is fairly thick but absorbs quickly. I do not and have not had spots since teenage years.

I have been doing this for 2 years. I swapped it for a night cream last time I ran out and my skin did not feel as hydrated.

on 6/9/2016 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My face is oily, yet it is dry due to an excessive use of exfoliating product. It also acne prone where i have a lot of small bumps all over my face, and some micro nodular acne especially in the jaw line area, cheek, and sideburn area. And the small bumps turned into acne so it's like I almost never get a free-acne face. and not to mention that I also had clogged pores. So my face suddenly got irritate since I put excessive essential oil, it felt itchy all over my face that I tried to save it by using Avocado Oil since I know that it will moisturize my face that I hope it could calm the itchiness. I never thought to putting Avocado Oil before due to my face condition I was afraid it would lead to more acne. However after 2 weeks of usage of Avocado Oil, I realized that it cleared my face. The small bumps and the micro nodular acne all gone. It also decrease the clogged pores at significant numbers. As the small bumps and clogged pores were the main suspect for my larger acne, it automatically decreased the number of them.
after 2 months from the very first time I used Avocado Oil, I still get my small bumps-and micro nodular acne free face. My acne was like 3 at most currently. which is great. And it only happened during my period and the time when I sleep without washing my face for days as.

To Read all 143 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/4/2016 1:54:00 AM

I've been using both Avocado Oil and also Avocado flesh on my skincare routine and I'm loving it. Avocados have one of the highest amounts of vitamin E that can get absorbed by the skin. It firms, hydrates and also super anti-aging. The Avocado mask I've been doing creates an amazing glow and the skin feels super soft and moisturized after even only 1 use and even days after I do this mask. All you need is 1/2 of an Avocado and 1 Egg. Check out my video tutorial. AVOCADO FACE MASK:

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading that avocado oil is one that really penetrates hair well, I've been using this on mine, and very happy with the results! I slather it in my hair at night ever so often (all the way up toward roots, as my hair just doesn't get greasy, like ever), then wash it out in the morning (even if I drench my hair in it, it's not hard to wash out) plus condition as usual. It doesn't do any huge miracles to my dry hair, but it does add moisture, and I need as much of that as I can.

I have also tried using just a few drops as a leave-in after washing, and it adds some shine and softness, but you do need to be careful to only use a very small amount.

I really don't detect any smell. I plan on continuing to use and want to try a drop or two as a serum when my hair is dry. Best natural treatment for my hair that I've come across so far!

on 5/4/2016 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I actually bought this for stir-frying because it is heat-resistant. Then I ran out coconut oil (use it on my neck) and it occurred to me to try this.

Nicer feel than coconut oil (which can feel gritty) and seems a little more heavyweight than olive oil; it absorbs relatively quickly and keeps the skin resilient. More effective than any cream I've found so far other than baby cream.That slack droopy look my neck had is notably diminished. It's a bit tricky to use around the eyes (being an oil it spreads everywhere) but very soothing and effective.

I bought cold pressed, organic avocado oil to temporarily replace my beloved rosehip and argan oils. Rosehip goes off fairly quickly and it's quite expensive and ultra-versatile argan isn't giving my finnicky, peri-menopausal skin the extra help it needs during the winter. My skin is acne-prone, combination, currently dehydrated and has become much more sensitive over the last few years which has meant I've had to abandon my favourite skincare products, hopefully temporarily. Because it is quite a thick oil, I find that just one drop of it mixed with a couple of pumps of Cerave PM smoothed over my face and neck ensures it applies easily, hydrates my skin adequately and gives my skin some radiance without clogging my pores. Whenever I've gone over this amount I've had pore-clogging aplenty.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

2/18/16 update

I just think back even though it fixed my dehydrated skin but it broke me out with red dot with pus type of acne. It is ok on my body skin though. But my body skin is pretty healthy and is normally fine with most body lotion or oil. I do not recommend it using on acne prone sensitive skin. It stings eyes too if using as a makeup remover.

====================================================

2/1/16 update

I no longer use this on my face as its kind of break me out with surface pimples with white little pus. Not like a lot but mainly on my folds of my nose and my eyebrows.. It is still a great oil for my body tho. Still loving it.

============================================

I rarely write review as I just stealth and read reviews from other. But this avocado oil is really a great moisturizer for my extremely acne prone skin. Even though my skin is oily, I use strong stuff like retin-A to treat/prevent my acne and for anti-aging, my skin has been always dehydrate and flake and oily at the same time. I tried a lot of moisturizers from high end (Nexus, Avene, La Roche-Posay and etc) to drug store brands (Cetaphil, Cerave, Venicream, Neutrogena, Olay, Elta MD and etc), all of them just simply broken me out. Then I realize my skin get clogged up by olive oil and its derivatives, coconut oil and its derivatives, petroleum/mineral oil and too much silicone, I finally managed to find Dermalogica intensive moisture balance which doesn't break me out. But still my skin is not impressed enough as it is still dehydrated and flaky and oily at the same time.. Not a pretty image.. Then I do a lot of research on raw ingredient, like oil cleansing method, Argan oil, Sunflower oil, Castor oil, Olive oil, Jojoba oil, Coconut oil, Rose hip oil, and Mineral oil, all did not help my flaky dehydrated skin and broke me out badly.. I kind of already gave up on my skin being dehydrated and flaky and just thought as long as I don't get acne, I am good enough, until I brave up and tried avocado oil. I know my skin will react kind of fast to wrong products so firstly I applied it only to my neck where only breaks out with wrong product. The first day (12/31/15) nothing happened so I then apply it to my whole face the next day. The first 3 days my skin start to calm down a lot as my acne become just little red dots with a tiny pus on top. I either pick those out (bad I know) or leave them along. Then next those pimples just start to heal. But my skin still feels kind of tight so I started adding oil to my Dermalogica moisturizer, my skin finally feel normal again, I don't feel tight and my skin is not flaky anymore. My skin is still oily though which I don't think I can ever change that but it's hydrated now.

The application of avocado oil feels, well, like applying oil to your skin but it doesn't feel suffocating like petroleum products and it will sink in to your skin eventually. The smell, just like avocado as expected and it doesn't linger once its applied. In my case, I firstly used it by itself but I feel I need humectants to attract water to my skin and then the right emollient to trap moisture so I add oil to my moisturizer. Its been great combination so far. I tried just adding Dermalogica moisture booster serum but feels adding moisturizer make my skin more comfortable.

PS: I did not review either Demelagica intensive moisture balance or the moisture booster serum because I am not that impressed with those two products. They are being simply not breaking me out and only provide a little help to my skin if not adding avocado oil.

I am currently using cold pressed, unrefined avocado oil from Amazon by Renewalize. I have been using this for a week. Got so impressed already that I have to review it!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love it,I use it for my hair as a prewash hair mask or just during the week to tame flyouts and I rub it in the ends of my hair which protect them from splitting.Soothens dry and tired feet,and saves my hands during the winter.

on 1/1/2016 8:12:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I adore this oil, it's extremely nourishing for skin, hair and nails. I mostly rub it into my cuticles, and it makes my nails grow longer than ever. It's also great to use on dry skin, and isn't greasy.

on 12/31/2015 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use Avocado oil as a hand cream, after I've washed and dried my hands (they're still a bit moist). Also, from time to time, I use it after I shower, before I towel dry. I absolutely love this on my skin. It absorbs spectacularly and I even love the weird smell. My boyfriend says I smell like salad after I use it, but that's fine, I love salad :D

I tried using it for my face (dry and sensitive) and it didn't work at all. I got red, itchy bumps all over my cheeks and chin. In spite of this, I still give it 5 lippies, just because it does wonders on my hands and body.

I have a small bottle (around 30ml) with a spritzer, which is great for pumping out the correct amount.