Physicians Formula Argan Wear Ultra Nourishing Argan Oil

Physicians Formula Argan Wear Ultra Nourishing Argan Oil

4.5

Argania Spinoza (Argan) Kernel Oil

on 11/23/2017 2:20:00 AM

Argan oil works so well on my skin and I️ use to use Josie Maran’s line but stop using I️t a couple of years ago because I️ couldn’t afford it any longer. I️ tried searching for an inexpensive replacement but all other Argan oils I️ found were mixed in with other oils like sunflower or coconut oil. I️ was excited to find physician formulas Argan oil is 100%. No add in’s, just on ingredient. I️ bought mine on sale for 7 dollars and so my love affair begins! So far this oil has produce the same results. Works as a face moisturizer, primer and hair treatment. I️ hope they don’t discontinue. It’s my new holy grail!!!

on 11/19/2017 10:49:00 PM

This argan oil comes in a cute amber glass bottle with a dropper top. I haven't had any leakage problems or any issues with the dropper. The oil is super moisturizing - I use maybe 2 or 3 drops and mix it in my hands and just use my hands to spread it all over my face, except my forehead bc I have bangs! I only use it at night. It doesn't sink in right away, maybe takes half an hour. I use it as the last step in my pm routine. When I wake up my face is nicely hydrated and not dry at all (I have dry skin). Will rebuy when I run out! I've had it for probably almost a year and am halfway through the bottle.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Every winter I go a bit overboard for oils - facial ones and those for the body. This one, from PF, is a great budget alternative to much pricier offerings from Josie Maran, Clarins, Algenist, Boscia,Vasanti and more (all of which I have and all of which are first rate facial oils). I purchased the "non-glitter" version and love it on my face, nails and hair, though I think I will buy the one with the gold glitter, the next time it's on sale, to use on my hair. Ingredients-wise, I don't know how this measures up to pricier oils but I've had absolutely no problems with it and really enjoy using it - it does what it "promises". The fact that it's got a relatively low price just means I can use it more lavishly on my nails, cuticles, etc.

on 7/30/2017 9:10:00 PM

This is a great argan oil at a competitive price.

Deducted one lippie for packaging. It became difficult to unscrew at some point and the inner lid became disconnected from the outer lid cover. In order to unscrew i have to wrench the rubber stopper while gripping the top (hard to explain lol). I bought mine a few years ago so the packaging issue may have been adjusted by now.

Great oil and necessary for my routine.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yay!!! My dry skin absolutely loves this oil. Works well under makeup. Some. Ights ibout on with retin-a to reduce irritation. Sinks in quickly. I've used JM argan oil too. I really can't tell any difference. Already ordered my 2nd bottle. Be careful NOT to get the "touch of gold
" version. It has huge specks of glitter. Packages look similar so be careful.

I like the dropper. I can dispense a little or a lot easily

I do have to keep with away from eyes bc I think it irritates my contacts. That's true of any argan oil for me though.

Amazon subscribe and save is best price I've found.

on 7/18/2017 12:10:00 AM

This is the best oil I have used hands down. It is unscented. It literally melts into the skin. Completely hydrating but not at all greasy. I have sensitive/dry skin that protests a lot of what I put on it. But not this. I use it immediately after cleansing norning & night. I also add just a drop or 2 of this to my foundation. Works beautifully! Love this stuff!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm in my second bottle of this - the one with the gold shimmer, and I'm really surprised at how much I use and like it.
I always buy products with shimmer because I'm basically a five year old drag queen and I have no self control. But I've really enjoyed this stuff.
My skin is VERY DRY so I can always use an oil.
The shimmer is indeed visible - not subtle at all, golden glitter all the way...however - I add a drop of this to my (Diorskin Forever) foundation before applying, which yields beautiful results! It's dewy, moisturizing, and the "glitter" hardly shows, although there is a distinct luminous glow.
Not for everyone, but if you, like me, are a Vegas showgirl who somehow made a wrong turn somewhere and now live a life with hardly any stage theatrics or costumes,
It's at the very least great on legs and décolleté, very flattering and sexy.
Unscented, which is a huge plus imo.
Plus, the dropper works! Which seems to be an impossible feat more often than not.

on 11/21/2016 8:32:00 PM

I have acne-prone, dry, sensitive skin and struggle to find a simple moisturizer that won't exacerbate my skin troubles. I had been looking into trying the Josie Maran Argan Oil and saw that this was just as highly reviewed, for about the same price but twice the amount. I've only been using it for about a week so this is still a "first impression" review that I will update after continued use.

So far, so good. I apply 2-3 drops each night all over my face as a nighttime moisturizer and mix a single drop with my CC cream in the morning. It lightens the shade and coverage of the CC cream nicely and takes the finish from matte to a lovely semi-matte without reducing the lasting power of the CC. At night the oil sinks in quickly, doesn't feel heavy or greasy, and provides adequate moisturization. I started using it right when the weather turned cold and it has been plenty hydrating to prevent redness or dry patches. . I do apply it around my eyes but be careful not to let it actually get into your eyes.

The bottle is pretty and the eye dropper is both easy to use and practical for the formula. You get an ounce for about $15 give or take, depending on where you buy it. I'm very happy with it so far and hope it will continue to prove a good source of "pure" moisturizer.

Update: Sadly, a mere 10 days of use was all it took for this lovely oil to break me out. I didn't change anything else in my skincare/makeup routine so I believe this was at least partially the culprit for a handful of new blemishes popping up, especially since they appeared in places I do not usually break out but was applying the oil to (like cheeks). Bumping the overall score down to 2, although it may still be a great product for those who are lucky enough not to be acne-prone! Didn't work out for my fickle skin though; discontinued use.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for an oil that can be used with makeup as well as on skin.

I purchased the type that has glitter bits in it. I should've known better. That glitter sticks to your face, and is extremely visible. I was kind of hoping they wouldn't be.

I gave this to my neighbor to play with. Save your money and invest in a better facial oil. This isn't it.

on 11/24/2016 2:28:00 AM

I use it mostly for my hair and nails love it

Popular Face Skincare Products