Physicians Formula Argan Wear Ultra Nourishing Argan Oil

Argania Spinoza (Argan) Kernel Oil

on 6/18/2018 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

As is true of me with most trends, I'm late to the party using oils. I'd tried a few products containing argan oil and hated the smell, so I thought it wasn't for me. Then I saw a review here on MUA for product, found out that it was supposed to be unscented, and thought it might work for me. I was right, and thank you again, MUA reviewers, for taking the time to write reviews! Anyway, this oil is medium-thick and almost unscented--I find that there's a bit of a musky odor to it, but I've very sensitive to smells. The bottle is great--being thicker at the bottom makes it less likely to tip over, and there's a component in the top of the bottle that wipes the dropper as you remove it, which makes it very easy to dispense precisely the amount you want. I love using this most on my hair. I have celiac disease and respiratory issues, and those together really narrow down the hair products I'm able to use (contain gluten/strongly fragranced), and what's left often isn't optimal for my hair. Now I add a drop or two of this oil to my shampoo and/or conditioner, which makes a huge difference in my hair's appearance. A few times a week, I put several drops in my palms and run them along the length of my hair, concentrating on the ends, run what's left on my hands through the rest of my hair, and leave it on for a bit (5-30 minutes). It shampoos out amazingly easily, yet my hair looks rejuvenated after using it--shiny and smooth, but not weighed down. Now I'm using it on my cuticles and putting a drop into my staple Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream--great to do at night so you wake up with smooth hands. I bought a couple of 15 ml brown glass dropper bottles on eBay and decanted some of the oil into each. Now I keep one in the shower, another on my nightstand, and a third near my hand cream. This is great stuff--it's cheap, it works, it doesn't stink, and it's straight-up argan oil--no additives. I've already repurchased.

on 4/22/2018 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I just finished my first bottle that I purchased in March. I really like it so I repurchased a few more bottles whenever I found extra bucks offers from CVS. I have oily skin but with dry patches from using prescription tretinoin 0.05% /Retin-A for my mild-hormonal acnes that I got from ovaries removal and tamoxifen/estrogen blocker medication. I also use on my hair, mix with Garnier Sleek & Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment serum. I have fine oily hair so I can't use oil itself. I just mix in my palm a few drops of each and apply on my damp hair whenever I wash my hair every other day. I let air dry and I have healthy looking hair... nobody believed that I had breast cancer. I don't feel greasy on my skin or hair with this PF argan oil. I also put a drop on my finger and apply on my lips. It is a great primer for lip colors (both lipsticks and gloss). I am glad to find from local stores.

I bought twice from Amazon.com in the past few years from different brands with thousands of good reviews but the actual argan oil felt like canola oil... I don't recommend purchasing from Amazon!

on 1/10/2018 10:58:00 PM

I will never buy Josie Maran, or any other $40+ Argan oil again, there's really just no need to when there's amazing products like this..its not great for the price, it's just GREAT...This runs about $15, but I picked it up at Rite Aid for buy one get one free, so about $7.50 each. I use Argan oil a few ways; under my eyes at night, a drop mixed in with a more matte foundation, a drop mixed in with moisturizer if I'm wearing a powder foundation that day etc.. This is 100% pure oil, comes in a dark glass amber bottle to ensure stability, and it's just really good!

on 1/9/2018 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

After having finished my entire bottle, I did in fact repurchase argan oil, but not from PF. I didn't enjoy the smell, it reminded me of latex, but the effects on my skin are incredible. Argan oil is my only form of moisturizing at this point and I love it. It's far better than any moisturizer I bought before and keeps my routine simple. 3 drops massaged into my face after washing and then I add a few drops to my hair when it's going through a rough patch and it's great. It keeps my sensitive skin calm and relieves the tight and rough feeling of my dryness. I definitely recommend anyone to try argan oil. Super lightweight and absorbs nicely, I can blend my powders right on top with no patchiness or large blotches.

on 12/19/2017 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really adored argan oil for my hair, so I wondered, what magic would it have on my skin?

Of all the drugstore oils I've tried, I like the best. This argan oil checks off everything on my list: it gives my skin suppleness and eliminates dry spots and tightness. It doesn't break me out with pesky milia. There's a fragrance but it's not a heavy scent, it's actually calming and earthy? - can't put my finger on it. It feels good to have this in my morning routine, especially because I have sensitive, dry skin. Plus, my SO tells me my skin looks glowy and radiant after I massage in a few drops in the morning - which is always the response I'm looking for (especially when makeup-free)! Imagine your skin after leaving on a sheet mask on - it's THAT kind of dewy glow!

Compared to Josie Maran's argan oil-based skincare and cosmetics, this Physician's Formula oil does the trick and won't make you feel like you're sacrificing cash out of your wallet. It's 100% argan oil so no filler, no silicone, nothing else -- sometimes I use it for elbows and hands, it's a really versatile product! At $15, you really can't go wrong.

***This is my heavy-duty, wintertime moisturizer.

on 11/23/2017 2:20:00 AM

Argan oil works so well on my skin and I️ use to use Josie Maran’s line but stop using I️t a couple of years ago because I️ couldn’t afford it any longer. I️ tried searching for an inexpensive replacement but all other Argan oils I️ found were mixed in with other oils like sunflower or coconut oil. I️ was excited to find physician formulas Argan oil is 100%. No add in’s, just on ingredient. I️ bought mine on sale for 7 dollars and so my love affair begins! So far this oil has produce the same results. Works as a face moisturizer, primer and hair treatment. I️ hope they don’t discontinue. It’s my new holy grail!!!

on 11/19/2017 10:49:00 PM

This argan oil comes in a cute amber glass bottle with a dropper top. I haven't had any leakage problems or any issues with the dropper. The oil is super moisturizing - I use maybe 2 or 3 drops and mix it in my hands and just use my hands to spread it all over my face, except my forehead bc I have bangs! I only use it at night. It doesn't sink in right away, maybe takes half an hour. I use it as the last step in my pm routine. When I wake up my face is nicely hydrated and not dry at all (I have dry skin). Will rebuy when I run out! I've had it for probably almost a year and am halfway through the bottle.

on 7/30/2017 9:10:00 PM

This is a great argan oil at a competitive price.

Deducted one lippie for packaging. It became difficult to unscrew at some point and the inner lid became disconnected from the outer lid cover. In order to unscrew i have to grip the rubber stopper while opening instead of gripping the outer lid.

Great oil and necessary for my routine. Shelf stable for a long time as long as it's kept away from excess light/heat. Have repurchased a few times.

on 7/18/2017 12:10:00 AM

This is the best oil I have used hands down. It is unscented. It literally melts into the skin. Completely hydrating but not at all greasy. I have sensitive/dry skin that protests a lot of what I put on it. But not this. I use it immediately after cleansing norning & night. I also add just a drop or 2 of this to my foundation. Works beautifully! Love this stuff!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yay!!! My dry skin absolutely loves this oil. Works well under makeup. Some. Ights ibout on with retin-a to reduce irritation. Sinks in quickly. I've used JM argan oil too. I really can't tell any difference. Already ordered my 2nd bottle. Be careful NOT to get the "touch of gold
" version. It has huge specks of glitter. Packages look similar so be careful.

I like the dropper. I can dispense a little or a lot easily

I do have to keep with away from eyes bc I think it irritates my contacts. That's true of any argan oil for me though.

Amazon subscribe and save is best price I've found.