Tamanu Oil

4.2

on 5/8/2018 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I have extremely sensitive and reactive skin, cannot use any essential oils on my face. I wasn't sure when I first heard about this if it was a plant oil or essential oil; it is a plant oil, BTW. Still, I must tread carefully with any new product, and had been having a tough time with my skin when I first discovered this. I found it on clearance (store changes, nothing to do with the product), the Shea Terra Organics brand. I was very nervous about using it, and cautious at first. (I tend to be MORE skeptical when big claims are made.)

I suppose you could call the scent of this "earthy," I quite like it (but then, I can't use anything with fragrance); it's a deep greenish color, and tends to separate bit in the bottle. In fact, the only "con" I can think of is it can be bit challenging to get out of the bottle; it thickens (not as much as coconut oil) and can't be squirted out via the pump. Though you can put the bottle in a bath of warm water for few minutes if you want; I just put a bit in a tiny jar (like for lip balm?). I also add this to my custom oil blend (see my Notepad for details).

As I said above, I'm hesitant to credit anything with miraculous healing attributes, but over the couple of years I've been using it, not only does it deserve that, it also miraculously does not irritate or annoy my skin, almost unheard of! (I cannot use 95%+ of products) My skin got super dry on top of super sensitive at menopause, and finding stuff that would help it has been challenging. Oh, and on top of all that, I can still get clogged with overly rich products (olive oil does not agree with my skin). Tamanu oil is a wonderful addition to my skincare regimen. And recently, I tested its healing abilities when I severely burned my foot with boiling water; I used tamanu in conjunction with manuka honey and colloidal silver gel (and comfrey infusion), and it healed up nicely. Every household could use a bottle of this on hand for both skincare and healing.

on 4/21/2018 12:37:00 PM

True Tamanu Oil is one of those rare, miraculous, "cure all" gifts from nature. It has a natural SPF of approximately 22 blocking both UVA & UVB rays, it works absolute wonders on scars, stretch marks, surface wounds, acne, boils, cysts, diaper rash, psoriasis/eczema, and even slows the aging process. It also penetrates deep enough to be helpful with deep pain and inflammation making it a excellent massage oil.

Here is the catch though, I'm noticing that most of the negative reviewers on the internet describe their Tamanu oil as being "grey" or "lime green." PURE 100% Virgin Tamanu Oil is DARK GREEN. Period. If your oil is not dark green, and it's not working, it's not PURE Tamanu. I would urge you to read the ingredients very carefully before making a purchase. Many great brands out there offer 100% Pure Tamanu Oil that is Virgin/Coldpressed/Organic, but other less ethical brands are quite misleading. The front of the package will appear its only Tamanu however it's actually "Cut" with other oils to decrease manufacturing costs and extend it's shelf life. You're not going to experience the full range of benefits if it's not Pure. Additionally, the other Oils may actually make it a unsuitable treatment for certain conditions! I just wanted to get that information out there because these companies selling low content Tamanu are hurting the reputation of a exceptionally effective and versatile natural remedy.

Anyway, as a Herbalist & Doula in my professional life, and also a mother of four, I have put Tamanu oil to the test many times in a variety of ways and it WORKS, plain and simple. I've seen it save pregnant women from the hassle of stretch marks and conversely, seen it drastically improve existing Stretch marks dozens of times. I've seen it help totally heal Cystic Acne that was antibiotic resistant and assist in fading Acne scars (full disclosure: Tamanu was only PART of the treatment. A blood purifying and skin clearing herbal tea blend I developed was also used), I recommended it for a young child's ganglion cyst and it reduced the size by 80% after approximately 1 week, My own daughter drastically healed a scar to the point her surgeon asked how and what we used. I use it on my face as my only moisturizer! I couldn't possibly list the amount of times I've employed its use with dramatic positive results.

I simply cannot recommend Tamanu oil enough! It should be in every first aid kit and every cosmetic cabinet. Again, just please remember to choose 100% pure virgin Tamanu oil. If YOU choose to cut it with other oils at home for use as a moisturizer or muscle rub or something, that's fine. But you'll need Pure oil for Acne, scarring, stretch marks, skin issues, abrasions, or basically ANY type of wound care.

I absolutely love tamanu oil. It has a very distinct smell but I started to like it with consistent use. It's perfect for moisturizing oily skin. You won't be oily when you wash it off. It's amazing at preventing acne. It will reduce your pimples to half the size in one use. The only con is that I didn't see any change in forehead lines so I wouldn't use this as my only anti aging source. Perfect for on top of serums though.

on 3/3/2018 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I added this to my skin routine after several k-beauty blogger stated this was a great oil to heal/fade post acne lesions/marks. I have used Argan oil for years, so I gave it a try. I purchase NOW brand for my skin oils. First this is a much thicker oil than Argan oil. So for my last step in my skin care I mix the 2 oils together. I use 4 drops of Argan oil and 2 drops of Tamanu oil for my face. I use about 4 drops of tamanu on my neck and chest. Very moisturizing. Slightly more of a woodsy scent, but not overpowering. I do feel it has been help fade my post inflammatory acne marks a tad faster. (note I also use AHA, Retinoids, and Vitamin C) Price point it's a tad more pricey than Argan oil. I'll plan on using Tamanu oil over the winter months, I feel it may be too heavy for summer weather.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

buy one from local seller in my country
heard this oil will fading my acne scar
it's been 2 weeks, i didn't see any drastic change, but seems like it's just a tiny lil bit fading

doesn't break me out
and of course hydrating

i think, just give it a try

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought 100% organic Tamanu Oil from Inn and Co on Amazon. It is grey in color. It smells nutty like almond oil. It is only Tamanu Oil and nothing else. If your oil smells earthy and or like curry, you don't have the right oil. In less than a week, this oil is taking care of an age spot like nothing else (Retinol, Retin-A, or heavy moisturizer). I apply it on the spot and also all over my face. The fine lines under my eyes are hard to find now. My under eye area is no longer dry, extenuating the lines. I love this stuff. I can only recommend the oil from Inn and Co.

on 2/3/2017 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Too heavy of an oil for me - and I have dry skin. I like Rose Hip Seed Oil much more.

on 6/2/2016 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This didn't wow me in any way. By far my favorite facial oil is rose hip oil---it brightens, heals scars, calms skin, rejuvenates, and all other wonderful things (see a detailed review on my page). Tamanu oil didn't do very much for my skin, at least nothing more than what rose hip oil already does. My gripe with tamanu oil is *IT BURNS MY EYES* and *SMELLS UNPLEASANT--LIKE CURRY*. I mean, I love eating curry and while the smell of curry would excite me when I'm hungry, I don't want my face, towel, or pajamas to smell like it. Also, I like to mix my moisturizer with a few drops of whatever oil I'm using and apply all over my face, including my lips and eyes, and I can't do this with tamanu oil since it burns my eyes so much.

on 1/31/2016 2:17:00 PM

Dried out my skin and made it break out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

1/26

It's drying my skin and making me break out with deep cyst acne...

================================================================
I have been using this oil since 1/9. The claim is real!! I was using Avocado oil which is still great on my acne prone oily skin but I guess Tamanu oil is working better as it is anti-bacteria and helps regenerate skin cell faster! I can feel my spotty chin caused by Avene green cleansing gel is healing. And it is kind of astringent but not too astringent for me that cause irritation and peeling. My pores look smaller and refined compared how it was before using this oil.

The consistency is thick and has a herbal smell which i don't find it offensive. Smell like wood to me. It irritates eyes if I put too much around my eyes ie I don't suggest use it as makeup remover.

I add this oil to my moisturizer and apply to my face morning before sunscreen and night.

I bought my oil from Amazon by Leia Naturals.

Popular Face Skincare Products