67%

Shop Now

Reviews

from

2 days ago

This is a very nice quick absorbing face oil based on excellent (and rather expensive), high quality natural oils. These oils will have the possibility to strengthen the skin's lipid-barrier making it stronger and more resilient over time. (All these oils are compatible with our natural lipid-barrier and Squalane is naturally part of our very own NMF (Natural Moisturizing Factor). What I really like about this oil is that it is light yet provides enough residue on the skin that one can feel it is there without being greasy or shiny, oily looking. It is a rather expensive product, however the oils used are expensive too. It contains the actives Padina Pavonica Thallus Extract, Rose Extract, that will contribute to hydration and supposed to have anti-wrinkle effect (according to the manufacturers of these raw-materials) along with Rosa Damascena Flower Oil. The latter will also contribute to the fragrance of the final product. This oil is an exceptional addition to your skin care (esp. in the winter) where strengthens your moisturizer's efficiency and will provide better protection for your skin. I have combined it with the Black Rose Moisturizer and the Black Rose Mask too and it performs beautifully making these product instantly better too. I also believe that one can easily combine it with another moisturizer too. Ingredients: Squalane, Prunus Domestica Seed Extract, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables, Tocopherol, Padina Pavonica Thallus Extract, Rose Extract, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil, Michelia Alba Leaf Oil, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Citral, Limonene, Eugenol IL#1A

About reviewer (293 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

4 months ago

I recently purchased a few products from Sisley as I’m in my mid 30’s and know that I should start investing in higher end products. I received the deluxe sized Black Rose Face Oil and Black Rose Mask. I really didn’t think much of it as I was trying on the Eye Gel Contour mask which I’m not that impressed with. I’m extremely impressed though with this Black Rose Oil. Been using almost every night before bed and my skin is really clear and has a really nice glow. This oil sinks into my skin so nicely more so then other oils I have used. Any hormonal acne is non existent and my face is softer than ever. The actual glow is something I never experienced with any other product I could even see it in a recent picture which made me look slightly younger also. I’m so disappointed with the hefty price however I have to admit this product really does deliver and this is a great investment for the face. The price is a bummer but I will be purchasing the full size as this stuff is just too good not too

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

EyesBrown

6 months ago

I have used this oil as a morning moisturiser, night moisturiser, after retinol, under makeup etc and it works well in every context. I think the most value I got from it was after over exfoliating, as it calmed down my skin overnight. While it is a good oil, I don't think it is the game changer that the price tag implies - I have used other oils for half the price which I have liked as much or more. Also, I'm not a big fan for the overuse of fragrances in this oil. On the other hand the mask from this range is amazing, so possibly this is suffering in comparison!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

This is one of Sisley's 'award winners' and something I've been meaning to try for quite a while. Unlike most facial oils on the market I didn't find this one to be overly rich or greasy, it was light enough for my skin type so long as I was sure to use no more than 1 drop at a time. The instructions state to use AM or PM 3-7 drops, although I found for my skin type that 1 was sufficient, just on a night time, a couple of minutes prior to applying my moisturizer and straight after toner. The website description does state that "After 4 weeks wrinkles and fine lines are visibly reduced" although I have to admit I didn't notice any difference in the appearance of fine lines (thankfully don't have any wrinkles just yet!) despite using for 4 weeks and 2 days exactly before my sample size was used up. I did detect a radiance and a softer complexion but that's no biggie for me as I have plenty of products at a much lower price point that can achieve exactly the same. I also thought it would be interesting to see if it made a difference to pores in any way but I can't say I did notice any difference, good or bad. I have to admit that it smells lovely - completely natural, as are the ingredients which isn't always the case with Sisley products. Just like the Black Rose mask it's a good product but perhaps not one I would rush out to purchase. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (566 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBrown

2 years ago

This product is gorgeous, just gorgeous. What more can I say. It nourishes, without being greasy. I would not use it during summer, but in winter - when my skin turns sensitve and dry - it is a god's gift. My skin feels so relaxed and is more radiant. I also notice that fine lines are slightly reduced. I bought this in duo with the black rose cream (new!), and I like the cream even better than the oil (would be a 6 star in MakeupAlley terms). Both are wonderful products. And this for someone who never particularly liked Sisley... until now!! UPDATE!! After using this for some weeks, it would break me out. My skin turned redish, itchy, painful even. I found out that applying the oil on its own, was too heavy for my sensitive skin. Now I have found the perfect ‘mix’: I take the rose cream, put a bit on the back of my hand, add one drop of this precious oil, mix it and apply. My skin never looked and felt so great!

About reviewer (315 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I have been swimming a lot lately and the chlorine has been drying out my skin. I did not want to switch out my moisturizers. I really just wanted a little kick, an add on. I get This way when my combo skin gets dry in winter too. That is what this product does. It smells wonderful and adds a little moisture and plumpness to my skin. Most oils break me out or accentuate pores, even the expensive ones. This one does not do that. It is a dry oil. I only use 2-3 drops at a time. I like that I do not have to wait for long for it to really sink in. Give it a minute and you are good to go apply other products. I do not suggest mixing this oil though. I suggest applying it on it's own, giving it a minute, then applying the other products for it to really do it's thing.

About reviewer (102 reviews)

SkinCombination

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Bought this along with the Black Rose facial mask as a special treat, and because I'd heard so much about it I just had to see for myself. Yes, it's glorious. You do only need a couple of stops to easily cover your face and neck. It sinks in like a dream and it smells wonderful. The most important thing is the glow it leaves you with- it makes my skin look amazing - clearer, more rested. I don't use it every day so I notice when I do. I'm giving it 4 stars as it's prohibitively expensive, the packaging could be a lot better - easier to see how much is left, slightly less bulky bottle, plus, when there's about less than a quarter of the bottle left you realise the dropper doesn't reach down and there's no way to get the rest of the product out without tipping - frankly, at this price that is insulting. It could also maybe be a little more moisturising / greasy for my personal taste but that's just personal preference. You'll likely get almost as good an effect from something half the price or less (Liz Earle Superskin, for instance), but if you're a fan of using oils and you have a chance to give this a go, please do! For my part, I can't see myself not buying this again, despite the silly price tag, though - the glow it gives really is that good.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

4 years ago

This is one of the best face oil that i've ever tried

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Other

HairBlack

EyesBlack

4 years ago

FML... Why??? I had an exchange from a gift so I thought I would give this a try as I have always kept an eye on it.. Why did it do this to myself? This stuff is absurdly priced. The blend of oils while really good does not justify $230 dollars, you are paying for the brand name. This has a mild natural rose scent (NOT perfume). The "black rose" element is interesting as from what I can find they are rare and only grow in one area of Turkey. I have not been using this long enough to know if it give remarkable results, but this gives a wonderful glow, and the oil is on the lighter side as opposed to say Sunday Riles "Juno" ( both great. I don't know what I am going to do when I run out because I don't think I can justify spending this much money on the oil. But if you can afford it and enjoy oil products BUY it. It's really really good! Also unlike a lot of Sisley's other products this is paraben free and the ingredients are pretty natural too :)

About reviewer (158 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

4 years ago

I think facial oils are a bit of a fad right now. Of course I had to jump in! Seriously, I decided to spend the money based on all the fantastic reviews I read (here and other places). I used it each night at first and well, it did nothing. It made my face slightly red in the morning, so I stopped for a week. Then I started up again and sure enough, red in the morning. Aside from the pink face, I felt there was no other benefit. It didn't feel any more moisturised than any other cream I used. So I stopped using it. I don't mind paying for quality and results, but I've yet to find anything that is as good as they say.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium