image 1image 2image 3

4.2

rose (usually rose moschata or rosa rubiginosa) hip seed oil

on 7/14/2016 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have combo skin, very acne prone.

I've tried this as part of an oil cleansing method, as well as a straight up moisturiser.

The oil cleansing method really didn't do much for me in terms of clearing my pores. When I used it as a moisturiser, I found the oil to be too dry and not hydrating enough. I did notice a few new pimples would come up after every time I used oil.

I'm giving this product a miss.

on 7/8/2016 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using rose hip oil on my skin for the past few months now, up to last month. I only use it sometimes now since my skin tends to get oilier in the summer but before I used it two drops, twice a day on damp skin. Then I let in sink in for a minute for two and apply my regular moisturizer. I've found it really helped reduced the redness on my face and I feel like it's evened out my skin tone and given me a bit of a glow as well as smoothed out my skin.. I remember like the first week I used it I noticed such a difference in my skin, at the end of the day my foundation stayed on perfectly well no flaking or redness, just like totally smooth like when it was freshly applied. Amazing product. Definitely a must have for those who have dry skin.

To Read all 129 Reviews, Login or Join

Two words: NEVER AGAIN. This stuff literally broke me out within minutes. I'm talking pimples and whiteheads all over. Never using this oil again. 👎🏻

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I get my rose hip oil from The Premium Organics. The best I have used.

What works for me:

- ANY oil can break you out. It is oil after all. To prevent that you need to try different frequencies to find the right one for you. I put on rose hip oil only 1-2 times a week, more often than that breaks me out. If I'm on my period or about to have my period I don't use it as my skin already gets oilier that week.

- I don't use a toner/rose water beforehand. I just wash my face in the evening to clean the sunscreen, then put on rose hip oil. No cream afterward that day.

- The right amount totally depends on the person. I only put 2-3 drops on a little cotton and wipe my whole face and neck with it. 2-3 drops are enough for my combination skin. Do it at night near a light and you will see your face shine a bit. I have oily-ish tzone, so I start with my cheeks and eyes so the most oil will spread on that area, then move onto the tzone. Next morning I wake up with softer skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

SEEN REVIEWS ABOUT HOW YOUNG PEOPLE WERE TOLD THEY LOOKED USING ROSEHIP OIL,SO I USED SOME FOR A MONTH,IT DID NOT MAKE MY SKIN YOUNGER,HOWEVER FOR SOME STRANGE REASON IT ACTUALLY MADE MY SKIN SAG ON MY FACE LIKE THE CHEEK AREA,AND I GREW MASSIVE BABY HAIRS ON MY CHEEKS,MY SKIN GOT MILIA (WHITE HEADS) ON MY CHEEKS AND I HAVE NEVER HAD ANYTHING CAUSE THAT,BUT THIS DID.AFTER USING DIFFERENT OILS,I FOUND USING CETAPHIL DAILY FACIAL SPF 15 MOISTURIZER PLUMPED MY SKIN LIKE NOTHING ELSE,AND MY SKIN IS SMOOTH,HYDRATED,AND YOUNGER LOOKING.

on 4/10/2016 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I have extremely dry and sensitive skin and am yet to find a suitable moisturiser that doesn't break me out. I have been using Rosehip oil as an alternative to moisturising cream for around 6 years now and have seen a significant improvement in my skin.
When I first started using it, the scarring from teen spots on my cheeks faded drastically.
I tend to use it when my face is still damp from washing, this way it absorbs into my skin better and I let it dry naturally.
I now use it conjunction with coconut oil and olive oil and am still looking for a suitable moisturiser to add to my routine (any recommendations would be great).

on 4/3/2016 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I use this every night and have noticed a dramatic difference in my face's overall appearance. The texture is better, pores smaller, fine lines reduced. Whoever thought an oil could be magic! I just use this alone with a bit of EMU oil underneath my eyes and will NEVER purchase a night cream again. This godsend is saving me hundreds of dollars a year! Will continue to use dispute the earthy/fishy smell. Lol

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Im so sad I have sensitive slightly oily skin and it broke my out like crazy ughhh why?! It was odd it didn't seem moisturizing enough yet made me produce more oil and breakouts...

on 2/27/2016 5:13:00 PM

Surprisingly drying and slightly irritating to my sensitive skin. Will try to mix it with other oils like jojoba.

on 2/18/2016 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have developed acne and rosacea after 43 years of near-perfect skin. This stuff is saving my life. Less redness and less lumps and bumps (when used in conjunction with retinA and gentle cleanser)

Popular Face Skincare Products