Favorite oilEnter TitleEnter Title

4.2

rose (usually rose moschata or rosa rubiginosa) hip seed oil

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Rosehip oil was, for me, a good no-nonsense moisturizer. I used it both morning and night after cleansing and serums. I find that it works best on skin that is damp. I used about a nickel size amount all over my face, neck, and chest. With the remnants, I would use on dry elbows, lips, ears or anywhere else that needed a bit of moisture.

The average rating is because while this moisturized my skin, I don't think it helped with texture, acne, redness, nor with scarring. At best, it softened my skin a bit.

This oil does sink in relatively quickly and wears very well under makeup. It makes dry patches slightly less apparent under foundation, but grapeseed oil and mineral oil work much better. Additionally, I have extremely sensitive and reactive skin and this did not irritate my skin at all.

I think there are much better oils on the market, but this one is a solid choice for the price point.

on 1/18/2017 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Rose hip seed oil should be in every woman's beauty arsenal - as it has numerous uses for hair, skin and nails - whether scarring (acne scars), anti-again (Fine Lines), rosacea or general hydration.

Smells very earthy - and can spoil/go rancid. Lots of Vitamin A - Antioxidant properties. Store away from heat and light.

Love.

on 12/15/2016 7:51:00 PM

I have delayed typing this review to see what effects rosehip oil would have over a longer period of time. I started using it 2 years ago when I was heavily pregnant with my daughter, and holy hell did it transform my face. My pregnancy was hard and my face nad been very ashen with big dark circles. This oil made me GLOW with a gorgeous dewy complexion within hours of applying it for the first time. (I apply 3-4 drops morning and night after washing my face). The mild pimples I had completely disappeared. I was so so happy.

Around the same time my belly skin was getting so00 tight from the pregnancy I started to see little hair line red stretch marks all over it. I was freaking out I have to admit as girlfriends warned me that stretch marks arrived over night in late pregnancy. I started slathering two droppers full worth of rosehip oil all over my belly maybe 3 times a day, and hey presto my skin became supple soft and moisturized. I never did get those stretch marks, and not only that a few months after giving birth my skin snapped back no sagginess of any kind. Like nothing ever happened! For those that say that it could have been genetics, well that's true, but I did get lots of stretch marks through puberty so I think in this case the rosehip oil really saved the day.

The rosehip saga continues...

Once the baby came I went through a period of very rapid aging. Between sleep deprivation, post partum anxiety, PTSD from the birth and scary family issues I was extremely stressed. Skin all over my body rapidly lost elasticity and thickness. My veins are so visible now everywhere, especially hands and upper arms. I am 31 but I swear after making comparisons my body looks like that of a 40yr old or older (except my belly which is ageless, haha). I now have madonna hands. I was on autopilot with my skin routine (just washing with water and rosehip oil) and amazingly my face didn't age anywhere near as badly. Facially I maybe look 35 at most, though maybe Im being harsh even in that judgement. My eye area in particular (the place where aging shows first and harshest due to the thinness of the skin) DID NOT AGE AT ALL. I wish I had the foresight to slather my whole body with the stuff. Now that the ageing has slowed down to normal levels, Im finding that my eye area is actually improving a little.

As amazing as this oil is though it is not perfect. For one it really aggravates my seborrheic dermatitis, but this is easily fixed by avoiding those areas which for me are sides of the nose and eyebrows. Secondly the quality of this oil seems to vary greatly by brand and even batch within a brand. Trilogy which is HG for many people performed Ok on me the next time, and the second bottle gave me a reaction which I assume was from being rancid (there was no smell in either bottle to alert me on any issues). Sukin has been hit and miss. One bottle was AMAZING, another reeked of off-fish so badly I had to return it. I think what is happening is that the demand for rosehip oil is increasing world wide as more and more people are discovering it, individual brands are buying from a diversity of suppliers to meet the demand. This leads to quality and processing issues. Still worth the hassle of switching brands and bad batches though. Make sure you buy from a shop that has a high turn over too, you don't want to buy something that has been sitting on a shelf for a year.

Thats it folks, happy hunting!

on 12/15/2016 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

From time to time i have read so much stuff about the amazing properties of rosehip seed oil that given my ever curious nature i decided to purchase this wondrous product. I live in Greece and they do not sell it anywhere here so i bought it from Whole Foods market in Los Angeles last year. I have been using it a couple of times a week throughout the year and my skin feels fresh and supple. I use it as an overnight mask and only as that because otherwise it is too oily for my liking. I literally soak my face to the stuff and i wake up to glowy skin.
This week i am embarking on a new routine. I will use this over esteem lauder night repair serum for 10 days straight as an overnight mask and i will be reporting the results.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Rosehip seed oil definitely has holy grail status for me. Lately my skin has been oily and dry and tight at the same time. After washing my face I take two drops of cold pressed rosehip seed oil and apply to my face in the T-zone, which is where the oiliness, dryness and tightness mix usually occurs. Works like a charm. My face is SO soft and smooth and not a single pimple have I had since I started using it. That is a big deal for me, considering the fact that I'm very acne prone. The dryness and tightness is completely gone and my face doesn't get as oily as it used to - still a little oily but the thing is that my skin doesn't look like it! My skin looks and feels so balanced and healthy right now, it's incredible. I use it like an eye cream as well and it's lovely for that purpose too. The scent is not my favorite, however, but I would be lying if I said that it bothers me. It's absolutely not overwhelming and it doesn't linger. The color is not a problem either, but I think that might depend on how much you apply. I bought a bottle of 30 milliliters for about 9 dollars and I believe that that was the perfect amount - apparently this oil expires quickly, but I don't think I will have to throw any of it away when it expires so that is good. I am so glad that I tried this oil!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

A bit about my skin. I'm super oily and anything too rich tend to clog my pores and break me out. I used to suffer from acne during my teenage years but I've kind grown out of it in adulthood but unfortunately my skin is still so oily.
So it sounds a bit counterproductive to be using an oil. I'm pleased to say it's not the case at all! I loveee rosehip oil and I use it twice a day.
In the day, I add abt 2 drops to supercharge my serum and before a light sunscreen.
At night I add abt 3 drops to my moisturizer for an overnight boost and dab a tiny bit under my eyes. I wake up with plump, refreshed skin.
It has never broken me out!
As mentioned I prefer to mix it into another medium so that it doesn't leave a greasy layer and it works brilliantly.
I must say though. Don't use it when your skin is angry and broken out... treat it first with medicated ointment. When the pimples are somewhat dried up then start with the rosehip, it will bring things into balance and help with the healing.
This oil goes rancid very quickly so I keep it in the fridge. Also go for good quality cold-pressed ones which should be an amber color. I've used the Australian brands Essano and Renew so far and both have worked really well for me.
So, of you're on the fence, give it a go!

on 10/27/2016 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Bought after seeing a Youtuber rave about it. I got mine from Iherb, it was probably the cheapest organic one they have. Used it for a couple of nights and it broke me out, which I never do. My skin does not like it, I'm sad to say.

The smell sucks btw, it's like rotten leafs or something and it is greasy which I don't particularly like.

on 10/7/2016 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I used it for a few months but I didnt notice good results. It actually makes my pore more congested

I know it dose contains lots of vitamins and nutrients , but sadly, I'm also after cosmetic result as well. I rather use vitamin c serum to actually achieve glow and pumped skin in 2 wks instead.
(Throwback review for 4 years back)

on 10/5/2016 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This oil has saved my skin. Before I started using this oil, my skin had a lot of redness and bumps and wasn't very smooth. This oil changed everything.
It smells really badly (a mix between fish and liquid latex), but I think I'm already getting used to the smell (I had to hold my breath before but not anymore).

Two days after I started using this oil I noticed that my skin wasn't as red as before. I use this oil everyday before going to sleep, I put 2-4 drops in my hand and massage my face with it. I still have some redness from time to time, obvious, but since I've been using this, not only I've been having almost no acne at all (only hormonal), but I sometimes only use pressed powder on my face and it looks great. It looks the same as before when I would wear a light/medium foundation with powder! That's a huge improvement.

Like I said, not only it improved the redness of my face adn acne, but my discoloration is way better, pus the texture of my face! It's way smoother now than before. I recommend this sooo much. Don't forget, if you want to get this oil, it should be organic, cold pressed and 100% rose hip oil (or 99% if the 1% is vitamin E to help the oil preserve better)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have super difficult skin aka rough, very oily yet dehydrated, acne prone and sensitive! And in my younger days, done real damage to my skin by using all sorts of harsh products for acne/oily skin AND used to love suntanning (no sunblock on face). As a result, my skin looks really bad.

I just recovered from a bad breakout (dark acne marks) so i started using natural/sensitive skincare products for my face. I have tried argan oil which is too oily and clogged my pores. Grapeseed oil is too dry. And finally just started rosehip seed oil from Life Flo. What a god sent!
I do not need to use any other moisturiser. It is perfect for my skin. It does look abit oily after applying but it feels oh so soft! Especially when i use at night and wake up in the morning with soft skin. It is impossible before that! I always wake up with super oily and dehydrated rough skin. This is cheap enough at iherb about $6. I have stopped using my other serums and moisturiser even my Mizon snail cream. Now my skin care routine is wash with Dr Woods liquid african black soap, tone with Simple toner and lastly this rosehip oil. I apply sun block on top if i'm going out. Even my makeup looks so much better now.

Popular Face Skincare Products