Rosehip Seed Oil

Rosehip Seed Oil
Favorite oilEnter Title

4.2

rose (usually rose moschata or rosa rubiginosa) hip seed oil

This has made my skin feel noticeably softer and more supple. It's too rich for my face to handle, but I use it as a treatment on my hands overnight (2 drops per hand), followed by a cream to seal it in (La Roche-Posay Lipikar Baume AP+). This combination has done much more for my skin than any 'fancy' hand creams I've tried in the past. Rosehip oil is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids to keep skin moisturized and protected. I've read it can also be anti-inflammatory.

I like to purchase my rosehip oil from Deciem (The Ordinary). It's not the only organic and cold-pressed product available, but as the brand is so popular, I can be assured that I'm getting fresh oil with its skin-beneficial components at full strength.

SCENT: I have read that the unrefined oil can smell fishy to some, but I am very sensitive to fishy odors and it doesn't smell anything like fish IMO. To me, it smells more like underripe fruit - a pleasant green scent less sharp than grass and ever so slightly tart.

A definite repurchase for keeping my hands looking and feeling great!

on 3/16/2018 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've tried all of the oils from The Ordinary. I'm not a fan of oils, but jumped on the hype train sometime around the middle of last year.

PROS: Again, I hate oils, BUT this one gives the fastest and best results so far of the ones I've tried. My skin looks less red. It really does nothing too specific that I can point out, it just seems to make my skin look more rested and calm. I hate to say it, but my skin has been younger looking, in a totally cliché sense, when I use this at night.

CONS: AND now why I'm not a fan of oils. They're oily, they don't spread easily, they take forever to absorb into my skin (up to several hours!?), they are easy to go HAM on and overapply... they're just cosmetically inelegant IMO. And this is the worst offender of the ones from The Ordinary. The other oils had some more movement to them or natural slip... but not this one! It feel just thicker and more dense and resilient, it just does really want to spread. I would have thought the Argan Oil would be richer or more heavy feeling because it's for dry skin, this is taking it's place! I feel like unless you have quite a wet face, applying this requires you rough up your skin. Not only that but simply putting it into my fridge too also caused it to like massively crust up on the edges and temporarily take on a bizarre texture.

OVERALL: I do not want to use this. Seriously, this is the worst oil in terms of texture and I feel like I'm in minority here because nobody ever brings stuff like this up. However, it gets me results for sure and I feel tempted to repurchase it only for my night routine or to mix with a moisturizer. It really works. I'll use it but not really like the process.

I got some Aura Cacia Rosehip oil on clearance at the grocery store. I use it at night after cleansing, and before my Pond's Rejuveness cream, sometimes alone, if I am lazy. It's made my skin so soft and smooth! I think it is also helping with my forehead wrinkles and crows' feet. It's helping combat my dry flakey winter skin for sure. The only problem is that it is very pricey, and hard to find, now that the grocery store has discontinued it...

on 8/7/2017 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My experience with rosehip oil is through The Ordinary's 100% Cold-Pressed Organic Rosehip Seed Oil. And based off my experience, it is AMAZING. The first facial oil that I ever used on my face was Bio-Oil years and years ago, and that totally wrecked havoc on my face. Since then, I was afraid to try any oils on my face. After seeing the popularity of face oils grow and seeing tons of reviews on so many different face oils, I decided to cave in because *why not*... rosehip oil totally changed my mind.

I'm naturally acne prone in general and lately hormonal acne has been my battle (thanks for that, current birth control). Out of all the stuff I've tried in attempting to relieve the hormonal acne, rosehip oil has done the biggest job. Not only have I completely replaced my moisturiser for this oil (mainly at night... I don't like using oils during the day if I'm wearing makeup on top), it has also reduced the amount of spots I'd normally get if I wasn't using rosehip oil AND reduced the number of days it takes for my spots to heal. I also see a noticeable reduction in my hyperpigmentation. By all means, it hasn't faded all of it but it has definitely reduced it. I know rosehip oil isn't for everyone and I know it won't work for some people, but give it a fair go if you've never tried t before and you're curious! I think most skin types can enjoy this and it may possibly work well for you if you have acne and/or acne scarring!

on 7/13/2017 10:57:00 PM

I picked this up on a whim from a health food store for $6, and it has been wonderful. I put it on my face after bha and before vitamin c or a retinoid; it moisturizes, seems to speed healing, and sinks in quickly. I also use it in my hair, which loves it. My skin is ridiculously sensitive and will break out into hives/acne if it doesn't like something, but this hasn't caused a single problem. One thing, though - this has a distinctive, odd smell that I can only describe as "old noodles." Still very much worth it, but if you're sensitive to smells you may not love the slightly stale, organic odor.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I only tried the ordinary rosehip oil so far so good,mostly I use this as moisturizer right after exfoliating or deep cleansing that leaves my skin little bit more dry , I wake up with plumped glowing skin, it also gradually fades any dark spots on my face , which is not expected from an oil to do !!! But this one actually does .. will continue to use this .

on 7/6/2017 3:06:00 PM

I have combo skin which tends to have breakouts and this oil is a miracle!
I have tried other oils and no other was that effective. It makes my skin calm and smooth, does not cause breakouts. Repurchased this cold pressed oil maybe for 4 times now and I will keep repurchasing.

Make my nose full of blackhead and gave me some cystic acne. Will not use it again. not worth time and money. Such a nonsense hype. Oh, and whenever I use it on my lips, it will peel my lips off like crazy. GAAAAAH.

on 5/1/2017 11:57:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I used it on my whole face and it broke me out, it gave me like 5 pimples, and I only get like 1-2 during my period, and these are not during my period, it clogged my pores and my skin feels rough.After a while I started using it just on the pimples that were healing and it made them disappear faster,I am going to use it, but only on the pimples.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I cannot express fully how much I adore rosehip seed oil! I've been using it daily since my early 20's and at 32 my skin looks the same as then. This and Retinoids are my secret weapon. I actually apply the oil before I apply my retinoid to act as a buffer to my sensitive skin. I find that it truly reduces the inevitable irritation and peeling most people experience with retinoid use. I use it during the day time as well for its antioxidant properties. This oil makes my skin glow, like newborn baby skin! I use 100% pure and organic rhso, with no fillers or fragrances added. I use and highly recommend the rhso from Mountain Rose Herbs. Their products are pure and fair trade. I'll be using this oil til the day I die!

Popular Face Skincare Products