Emu Oil

4.5

Emu (dromaius novaehollandiae) oil

on 5/18/2016 10:38:00 PM

I have oily skin, born/cursed with it. That said, this oil has made my skin more supple, plump and happy than ever before. Never have I ever had an oil mimick my natural oils, perfected skin naturally. Amazing is the word to describe it. Buts shall I share my secret with others? I guess I shall..

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I HAVE BEEN USING EMU GOLD FOR YEARS.IF YOU WANT PLUMPED UP SKIN,YOU GOT TO GET THIS,I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING LOTIONS,OTHER OILS,THE ONLY PROVEN THING TO PLUMP AND THICKEN SKIN 14% IS EMU OIL,I PUT ( 6 DROPS OF VEGETABLE GLYCERIN,7 DROPS OF ROSEHIP OIL,2 DROPS OF EMU OIL ) AND APPLY IT FOR 20 MINUTES THEN WIPE IT OFF,THEN I APPLY ( 1/2 TEASPOON OF ALOE VERA GEL,4 DROPS OF VEGETABLE GLYERIN ) LEAVE IT ON 20 MINUTES THEN WIPE IT OFF WITH WET COTTON ROUNDS,THEN AFTER THAT APPLY 2 DROPS OF EMU OIL ALL OVER.WHEN YOU WAKE UP YOU WILL HAVE LESS WRINKLE,HOLLOW CHEEKS FILLED OUT,SOFT SMOOTH SKIN LIKE AWESOME.THE ONLY NOT SO GOOD THING IS IT DOES GROW LOTS OF BABY HAIRS ON YOUR FACE ALL OVER.

To Read all 41 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/26/2016 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

If I could go back in time and give my teenage self one beauty product, it would be food grade, non heated, Australian Emu Oil. I use it on my hair, skin, nails and even on my gums as needed.

Emu oil is one of only a few oils that can penetrate the skin and the hair shaft. It is highly anti-inflammatory. It has lessened my occasional yet painful cystic acne. It works well on eczema and dry patches all over my body. It has cleared the rims of my eyes and cheeks from the few millia that I had.

I have been using emu oil for 8 years. I mix a few drops of it with some rose water and use it as a facial moisturizer including under my eyes. I spent hundreds of dollars and 25 years trying to find an under eye moisturizer that did not irritate my sensitive skin. Only emu oil works under my eyes.

I started growing out my now classic length hair 7 years ago. I mix some emu oil in both my shampoo and conditioner. I will occasionally do a deep conditioning from scalp to the ends by oiling my 50 inches of hair and sleeping on it. This oil has no scent and does not transfer to your pillow case. It leaves my hair in great condition.

If I get a sore gum, I will rub some emu oil on it for its anti-inflammatory effect. I have read of people with sensitive gums who combine it with their tooth paste for daily brushing.

If I had known about emu oil when I was younger, I could have saved myself much discomfort, money and time.

I purchase it from a supplier on eBay. Four ounces cost circa $16 and last me about 8 months. A little lasts a long time because it is very emollient. Plus, it absorbs very quickly into the skin and doesn't leave it feeling greasy.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I purchased my emu oil from an etsy seller called Silky's Garden. Emu oil is EXPENSIVE. I used to purchase it years ago in co-ops when I had my bath and body business. This is the only seller on etsy that sells emu oil at a decent price that I don't mind paying. I purchased 4 oz because it's just me using it, and I know a little goes a long way. It's 100% Australian Gold Pure Emu Oil. No smell. No color. It's a very good quality emu oil. Word of advice: If you ever purchase emu oil that has a smell, it's probably rancid and no more good. Emu oil doesn't have a long shelf life, so you need to buy in small quantities or put it in the fridge to make it last longer if you can't use it up in a decent amount of time.
I have very sensitive skin. The most gentlest lotions/moisturizers on the market that are recommended by dermatologists usually irritate my skin. I'll get burning, itching, redness, bumps, you name it. Now that I'm getting older, I needed something to help with the fine lines I am getting, especially under my eyes. I also have this one wrinkle on my forehead, which I call my "worry wrinkle". I hate that damn wrinkle. So I purchased some emu oil, because I know that this is basically the only oil that probably wouldn't break me out like I'm a teenager in high school. I also have weird combo skin. I'm oily in the T-zone, but yet, dry and flaky, especially on my nose and chin. How in the heck is that possible????
I use emu oil in my morning routine. I apply ONE DROP... because that's basically all you need to cover your whole face. Any more and you'll be a grease monkey. I apply it after my toner of Thayer's Rose Water Witch Hazel, while my face is slightly damp. After applying, I usually wait a few minutes before starting my makeup. I give it time to soak in a bit, which it soaks in really well. After a few minutes, you can't even tell I just applied oil to my face. My facial skin has been a lot softer since using this. I'm not noticing anything with the fine lines and that one damn wrinkle, but I know I won't see results right away. I'm just happy that I can moisturize the flaky parts of my face with this oil.
Also works wonders on dry cuticles, hell... it works to moisturize your whole body!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I haven't had this long enough to attest to its effects. My initial review is on the basics.

After doing research, I paid extra (about $10 more) for the "certified" version at a vitamin store. The non-certified versions have extra, unnecessary ingredients which lessen its efficacy.

There's absolutely no scent which I love. It is on the greasy side but it absorbs quickly into your skin. My bottle comes with a dropper that kind of makes a mess.

This products thickens if stored in less than 65. The instructions say to heat it up in the sun or place the bottle in some hot water to liqify it. I keep mine in my restroom and after only two days, it has thickened considerably.

It reminds me of jojoba oil, but this is more greasy. Nevertheless, it is more emollient than jojoba oil.

I am using it for some acne issues and to try to thicken my hairline by massaging it in every other day. I will update my review in a month or so to report on if it's something working.

This is the best skin moisturizer I have ever ever ever EVER used. Getting used to the fact that it is the fat from an animal might take several applications to get used to, but when you do you will be astonished at how incredibly soft and supple your skin will be. To be honest I do not think I will ever go back to conventional moisturizers, because this is my holy grail oil! I use the EMU oil from Sprouts and it is non greasy and sinks into the skin in minutes. It also helps hyperpigmentation which is amazing. LOVE!

I've tried a lot of oils and emu oil is by far my favorite. It's hard to find an oil that moisturizes acne prone skin without clogging, most of the "safe" oils are too drying (grapeseed) or just don't moisturize enough (maracuja). This one actually seemed to penetrate and do something other than being greasy. It grosses me out that it's from an animal, but I use lanolin for my lips and that's animal based as well so I just try not to think about it!

EDIT****I have been using this in conjunction with Rohto Hadalabo Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Lotion (moist) and OMG my skin looks and feels better than it has in years. I'm not sure which is the biggest factor, but I will continue to use this combo as long as it works! My skin is hydrated, calm, even toned, and glowing. I love it!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

SUPER hydrating, feels a little greasy but still pretty light for being an oil. The best moisturizing oil I have found.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

wow. what a great oil for dry skin types. have read alot about emu oil. as far as i know, correct me if i am wrong but emu oil and copper peptides are the only ingredients that are proven to thicken skin? anyways, i have such thin skin and i hate it. like anyone else here i am in the pursuit for my best skin. its all genetics for me. my mother has very paper thin skin. and i also believe STUPID dieting over the years has played a part in the thinness of my skin. the third thing is i think i abused lactic acid during uni years. ugh, the things we do. its also of course very dry and i cannot exfoliate too often, more than once a week can somethimes cause redness and stinging even when done gently.
did i notice a difference with emu oil? YES!!!
i had alot of the redness around my nose and darkness around my eyes lighten with this. i don't ever rmbr having even a patch of dry skin while using this. i sometimes would mix three drops with my paulas choice mask/moisturizer OR would use it straight up alone.
its not super cheap compared to like almond or olive oil but i feel like its justified. it sinks in really quick whereas olive oil would just coat my skin it was gross. the brand i use is called kalaya and it comes in two sizes in a pump bottle of glass. it says safe for babies on the packaging. it has no smell and feels luxorious.

Emu Oil is filled with omegas that actually penetrate subdermally. No fragrance, and repairs the worst dry skin. In the winter I mix a couple drops in with my Paula's Choice moisturizer and my face is dewy and glowing.

Popular Face Skincare Products