RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Night Cream

RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Night Cream

3.7

Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Tetrahydroxypropyl Ethylenediamine, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Gylceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Steareth-10, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Squalane, Glycolic Acid, Fragrance, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Propylparaben, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Polysorbate 60, Ascorbic Acid, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Copper Gluconate

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Just like the Night serum I used this during the first half of April 2017 but on the other side of my face for a good comparison to see which formulation worked better. Both had their pros and cons: this one combined glycolic acid with retinol whilst the serum had 3 types of paraben and just as many silicones (neither good in my books) yet was lighter and more suited to my skin type. I built up my skins' tolerance level and I suggest anybody who is new to retinol should do the same, by applying every third day, then every 2nd and eventually nightly. I also recommend stopping use of any retinol products, at least once every year to avoid reaching that dreaded 'retinol plateau' that others have mentioned.

This one didn't go on and sink in as lightly and quickly as the serum version. It seemed to take a few minutes to be properly absorbed and definitely more suited to drier skin types. Unfortunately I could not use this beyond day 12 as breakouts had me abandon my comparison experiment and head back to the drawing board. In my case the reaction wasn't due to a sensitivity to retinol but to Dimethicone in the ingredient list (and many other skincare products out there). Chances are if something makes your skin feel instantly smooth and silky then it contains silicones. Retinol itself is one of the best anti-ageing ingredients out there imho, of all the many products I've tried (and I've tried many!) the best results always seem to come from Vitamin C or A (retinol).

P.s I have just updated the ingredients list at top of page which were from the previous formulation in 2011.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 5/17/2018 10:45:00 PM

This is my Favorite retinol product. Been using for yrs.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've been using this cream for years. I get it at a reduced price at one of the big membership club stores. Roc also has good coupons from time to time. This cream has kept my wrinkles at bay without being harsh. I've used prescription retin-A, which was too expensive for long term use. This is a good substitute. I'm older, so I have to add a moisturizing cream on top, after the Roc soaks in. But for someone who has less dry skin, this cream may be moisturizing enough. I use other Roc products, and used altogether, they work with each other to reduce wrinkles and spots. (I use the day time version with sun protection, too.)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Maybe this would be best for a lady in her 20s who doesn't have wrinkles.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was using Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping oil which is mad expensive and wasn't seeing a difference in a line that I have between my eyebrows from sleeping on one side. Nor did I see a difference on my forehead. I switched to this product on a whim and seriously my forehead wrinkles are actually becoming less and less noticeable. The crease between my eyebrows is significantly less prominent although it's fading less efficiently. Highly recommend! Honestly FYI rated the packaging a 4/5 purely for aesthetic reasons. Works fine in terms of application.

I have normal-sensitive skin.

on 5/9/2017 12:14:00 AM

Super Allergic, but then I found out I was allergic to retinol. This is really strong, but my cousin likes it. I only don't recommend it because my face just got super inflamed when I really just used the smallest amount possible that can come out of the tube!

Smell: Nothing too big to bother me, but also the amount is so small how can anyone smell it near your eyes

on 2/5/2017 7:21:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I come back to this time and time again. Just a pea sized drop at night, with regular use, smoothed the surface of my skin, diminished fine lines, helped refine discoloration, and did so with minimal stinging. HG. I am 60 with skin that was oily most of my life.

on 10/19/2016 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I find this product my "go to" Retinol! I am in my mid-40's and I have spent a fair amount of time in the sun. I have some fine lines on my forehead and around my eyes. I have some brown spots and freckles as well.

I wash my face at night after removing my makeup and stuff. Then I apply an even layer on my face and eventually go to sleep. I find it has a light rose smell, which is not that loud to me. Doesn't really matter because I go to sleep! Once I started using this product my skin has felt SO MUCH softer! It is amazing... I have also purchased the serum so that I can apply it under my day time moisturizer and increase the benefits.

I did not find that the Neutrogena competitor worked at all for me. This one worked very well. I am on my second tube and will keep purchasing it. Hopefully they never discontinue it!

on 6/14/2016 9:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have been using retinol face creams for over two years, and began using RoC deep wrinkle night cream six months ago and it is the best retinol face cream I've tried. Before trying RoC, I thought I had to invest in expensive brands that I could only purchase online, and had been purchasing an Obagi retinol cream for nearly $50.00 USD. Needless to say, I am glad I gave RoC a try as it is such a better value, and the results I've seen and felt in my skin have been very good. I apply this every evening after cleansing and toning, and it applies very nicely. It is creamy and hydrating. yet sinks in quickly and leaves no residue. I know that this product is helping keep my skin clear and is also helping slow down some of my fine lines.

Pros:
Evens skin tone

Cons:
Must wear suncreen when using this
May cause break outs

I used this product on and off for about a year. I liked my skin when I did use it. I noticed it made my skin appear more even. I don't have wrinkles so I can't comment on that aspect. Sometimes it did break me out. I would like to try more retinol products after trying this.