RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Night Cream

RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Night Cream

3.6

10.27.11 RoC website Water?Ceteareth-20?Glycerin?Isodecyl Neopentanoate?Stearyl Alcohol?Cetearyl Alcohol?Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate?Tetrahydroxypropyl Ethylenediamine?PEG-100 Stearate?Glyceryl Stearate?Dimethicone?Steareth-10?Retinol?Glycolic Acid?Copper Gluconate?Magnesium Aspartate?Zinc Gluconate?Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract?Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer?Caprylyl Glycol?Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer?Squalane?Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate?Methylparaben?Xanthan Gum?Propylparaben?Polysorbate 60?Polysorbate 20?Fragrance?Disodium EDTA?Ascorbic Acid?Succinoglycan?May also contain: Citric Acid

on 6/14/2016 9:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have been using retinol face creams for over two years, and began using RoC deep wrinkle night cream six months ago and it is the best retinol face cream I've tried. Before trying RoC, I thought I had to invest in expensive brands that I could only purchase online, and had been purchasing an Obagi retinol cream for nearly $50.00 USD. Needless to say, I am glad I gave RoC a try as it is such a better value, and the results I've seen and felt in my skin have been very good. I apply this every evening after cleansing and toning, and it applies very nicely. It is creamy and hydrating. yet sinks in quickly and leaves no residue. I know that this product is helping keep my skin clear and is also helping slow down some of my fine lines.

Pros:
Evens skin tone

Cons:
Must wear suncreen when using this
May cause break outs

I used this product on and off for about a year. I liked my skin when I did use it. I noticed it made my skin appear more even. I don't have wrinkles so I can't comment on that aspect. Sometimes it did break me out. I would like to try more retinol products after trying this.

To Read all 94 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm in my early twenties and already have a few sunspots, very fine crows feet, and deepened nasolabial folds. I have blackheads, and closed comedones.

I have used retin-a before, and my skin at first reacted by drying out and flaking. When I first used this I got the same reaction and was happy because this was a sign it was working. Then after a few weeks I started getting cystic acne in random areas on my face. I understand that retinol can cause purging, which is clogged pores coming to a head, and this process can take a few months. I've gone through purging before using retin-a a few years ago. Several months ago I went through it after started salicylic acid. This break out was different. After running the ingredients through cosdna, I did find some comedogenic ingredients. I'm now using the skinceuticals and neutrogena retinol products, which have less comedogenic ingredients.

That said, while I used this (several weeks) my skin did seem brighter, and I do believe this is an excellent product. If you are young, and are still dealing with acne, this product is not ideal.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received this a few months ago in a Target Beauty Box which was only $10. For a whole month I had no issues with this cream and then it started burning and leaving sunburn type itchy patches under my eyes and on my cheeks and neck. My skin looked HORRIBLE! Like some others have written I also noticed the wrinkles under my eyes become more pronounced! I really had high hopes for this cream, but I can't recommended it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I have been using RoC deep wrinkle night cream off and on for about a year now and feel like I can now give it a fair review. In spite of my terrible experience with their sensitive eye cream, I really like this night cream. It is just moisturizing enough to keep my skin plump and hydrated, but does not cause me to become oily overnight. I did experience an acne purge when I very first started using it, but now it helps to keep my skin smooth and clear.
As far as wrinkles go this is not a miracle product. It's not going to completely get rid of all of your fine lines and deep wrinkles, but I find that it does significantly lessen them and that it helps to lighten old acne spots. Overall, I like this cream and will keep repurchasing it. The price is right, you don't need an Rx for it and works just as well as other more expensive products. Just remember if you're using any retinol that a sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher daily is a must or you run the risk of creating more damage instead of preventing it.

on 8/25/2015 11:05:00 AM

This is a good, solid retinol cream! It costs considerably less than many of those high-priced products you see in the mall. After a few weeks of use, my skin really did look a lot better. It may not have any additional "fancy" ingredients, but if you're looking for a good retinol cream, and you don't want to spend a lot of money, this one's for you!

I was so excited that I finally found a drugstore brand of retinol. Which studies have proven is the only thing that prevents/helps wrinkles. It is really hard to find a retinol cream in stores. Of course I am aware that no cream will really take away deep lines. I have only been using it a few days. But it does take up to six month to a year for actual results. And since wrinkle cream is more preventative, it's difficult to accurately judge the results. I love how the bottle is dark and not exposed to light or air. Retinol in a jar or light tube is a waste of money and will break down. I have noticed a big difference in just a few days. My skin is glowing, it's A LOT smoother. It's not too hydrating, but it's not a moisturizer. Retinol drys skin, so it's meant to be used under a different cream anyway. My only con, which is a big one, is the amount. Twenty bucks for one ounce? For a drug store brand?! The fact that it takes almost a yr for results, at $20 a bottle is a lot of money in a year. I will do another review of the results after I have given it more time to work.

on 2/26/2015 5:54:00 PM

Here is the fountain of youth in a tube. No kidding it works better than anything out there .Retinol and alpha hydrox lotions are truly the only age defying products that work unless you're going in for plastic surgery. I am not talking moisturizers. This is wrinkle repair in a tube. Combine roc and alpha hydrox in a routine of using one product one week and the other the following week. You will see results. Always use a moisturizer for day. Do this ritual only at night.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm in my mid 30's and started noticing that I was developing slight wrinkles around my eyes and on my forehead. I knew that retinoids are one of the only things proven to be anti aging so I looked around for products containing retinol. The deep wrinkle night cream by RoC is one of the most affordable and well reviewed products containing retinol so I bought it. I am fairly satisfied with the product. I didn't experience much irritation when I started using it (I have very thick hardy skin). My skin looks more refined now and my wrinkles have not gotten any worse. I'm actually on my second tube now, but I plan to try Neutrogena's rapid wrinkle repair and RoC's deep wrinkle serum in the future to see how they compare.

on 7/30/2014 12:47:00 PM

I absolutely adore this product. I started using it in my late 20s, when I noticed that the expression lines on my forehead were starting to look a little more noticeable than they used to. I'd tried a few other drugstore brands & finally tried this & I'd say by far this is better than L'oreal, Olay, or Garnier's comparable products. It just was more effective & even my friends noticed a difference. I'm 32 now & I've continued to keep using it. My forehead is smoother than many twenty-something women I see, & it's smoother than it was when I was in my mid to late 20s. I've also been using it around my outer eye area all these years-I'm not sure if applying retinol creams topically does anything to prevent lines & wrinkles, but I have absolutely no lines or wrinkles around my eye area. It isn't cheap, but if you buy it at Walmart or Target you can get a slightly better price than drug or grocery stores, plus you can often times find coupons online or in the paper.