3.6

Shop Now

Reviews

3.0

2 months ago

This is an effective retinol and the price is right, but I can't stand the scent. It seems heavy on the jasmine. I switched over to a prescription RetinA

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

a year ago

I have been using for months and this is about as strong a product as I’ve found at the drug store. I wake up pink some mornings - gentler than Retin-a but still an active product. So it might be a bit much for sensitive skin or take some time to build tolerance. Not sure it’s doing much for deeper lines, but I see a change in my sunspots and overall texture.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

a year ago

I am becoming obsessed with Roc products! This is the third one I've tried so far. First, I picked up Roc Deep Wrinkle Filler. Experiencing amazing results with it.. clears acne, plumps skin & fills in wrinkles, Slightly tingly but gentle. I added Roc Daily Moisturizer with spf, to protect my skin during the day. (Another winner! Check out my other reviews for those, if you are curious) Brightening, absorbs quickly, No white residue & doesn't make me break out. Good stuff. Now I've added this one... I can honestly say it is quite a bit stronger than the Deep Wrinkle Filler. And it's not just my perception, if you compare the ingredients, Roc Deep Wrinkle Night Cream is more concentrated. And from what I've read, it's the strongest OTC retinol you can find. Compared to the DWF, the Night cream has a Different texture, more runny. Don't let that fool you though. This stuff is POTENT. You can tell from the stronger tingling sensation for the first few minutes after application. My skin looks smoother, clearer. My slight fine lines are blurred. I am seriously impressed with this stuff. Will update this review at the 4 week mark :) 3/25/2019 So I realize it hasn't quite been a month. However, I started using Roc Deep Wrinkle Filler right around 2/14. Then after 2 weeks, I eased my way into this product, also. Now I use both. First I'll apply Roc Deep Wrinkle Night Cream all over my face. Then, once it dries, I dab DWF on any deep wrinkles or occasional breakouts that need a little more TLC. I added a couple of more products to my routine, as well, that really helped aid this process. (In case you're wondering, Mad Hippie Vit C Serum & Exfoliating Serum!!! Pair up beautifully with ROC products) I've seen big changes since then, but here lately I really started noticing the skin under my eyes is tightening up. It's a bit itchy and I'm getting stabbed periodically with my lower eye lashes XD but I suppose that it is worth it. There hasn't been any other irritation. A little Aloe & Acure Seriously Glowing Serum cleared up that very minor problem :) Lines on my forehead, around my mouth and well...everywhere on my face looks better. Nearly gone. I used to be able to pull up on my cheekbones a little and give myself a mini face lift. Can't even do that anymore. Which...just wow. It's like a mini face lift in a bottle. My skin just looks better and more flawless by the day. I still look in the mirror, in disbelief, as my chin and lower jaw was perpetually covered in cystic acne as I entered my late 20's. I was always smearing on makeup and hating how I looked without makeup. These days make up isn't necessary and, I feel beautiful and secure without it. That's a first. BELIEVE the hype about the product, you WILL see big changes. Especially if you struggle with acne. This product has given me the skin I have always wanted. Cannot say enough about it. However, patience and diligence is key if you want the best outcome possible. So keep at it, ladies! Give it a couple of months... but you probably won't even need to wait that long. Within a week, you'll probably see a huge change. And if you are entering your mid 20's or any older than that, and are still struggling to get rid of acne, try this one. You won't regret it. Your acne will clear up AND you'll see less wrinkles. 7/24/2019 I decided to update this review, as I feel like it's really helpful to see how the product is working even after some time has passed. I've learned a few tricks and tips about this product now that I've been using it for awhile. First, it does cause some irritation. I've noticed it mostly near my eyes. After the first month, I had to slow down on usage near that area. They felt raw and pretty awful for a few days. Even now, it causes me some irritation. That's when I knew to slow down. Another area that seems to get irritated is on my neck. It seems to get itchy, raw and uncomfortable and break out sometimes from me scratching it. I think that bothered me more than my eyes feeling a little rough. To remedy this, I've figured out that it is best to alternate use, every other night. Sometimes, I'll skip a couple of nights and instead use my Lactic Acid Serum alternating with my gentle Glycolic Acid Serum. On the upside, I'm glad to know that even though it bugs my skin a bit sometimes, it is WORKING. Another thing I have noticed, is that a very moisturizing cream cleanser really helps soothe my skin from the dryness and irritation I sometimes face. I picked up a bottle of Yes to Carrots Daily Cream Cleanser to aid in this process. I use it in the morning to wash RDWNC off. That helps a lot. Even though I've been using RDWNC for about 5 months, it still can be a little tricky to find a routine that works best. However, I think it is worth it. TIP: If it's causing your skin to freak out, don't use it for a couple of days. Make sure you moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. As far as the fading of wrinkles, as I've said before, it REALLY works. I've seen massive improvement everywhere on my face, neck and on the backs of my hands. The texture of my skin has smoothed so much, it's shocking. It basically resurfaced it. The lines around my mouth are pretty much gone now. Since I started using this in March, I've stocked up on this product. I have probably 7 bottles in stock. That's how much I love Roc Deep Wrinkle Night Cream. And I think now I should mention I'm not getting paid to write this review. Will update again after a year of use.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Just like the Night serum I used this during the first half of April 2017 but on the other side of my face for a good comparison to see which formulation worked better. Both had their pros and cons: this one combined glycolic acid with retinol whilst the serum had 3 types of paraben and just as many silicones (neither good in my books) yet was lighter and more suited to my skin type. I built up my skins' tolerance level and I suggest anybody who is new to retinol should do the same, by applying every third day, then every 2nd and eventually nightly. I also recommend stopping use of any retinol products, at least once every year to avoid reaching that dreaded 'retinol plateau' that others have mentioned. This one didn't go on and sink in as lightly and quickly as the serum version. It seemed to take a few minutes to be properly absorbed and definitely more suited to drier skin types. Unfortunately I could not use this beyond day 12 as breakouts had me abandon my comparison experiment and head back to the drawing board. In my case the reaction wasn't due to a sensitivity to retinol but to Dimethicone in the ingredient list (and many other skincare products out there). Chances are if something makes your skin feel instantly smooth and silky then it contains silicones. Retinol itself is one of the best anti-ageing ingredients out there imho, of all the many products I've tried (and I've tried many!) the best results always seem to come from Vitamin C or A (retinol). P.s I have just updated the ingredients list at top of page which were from the previous formulation in 2011. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy 3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (566 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

2 years ago

This is my Favorite retinol product. Been using for yrs.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

2 years ago

I've been using this cream for years. I get it at a reduced price at one of the big membership club stores. Roc also has good coupons from time to time. This cream has kept my wrinkles at bay without being harsh. I've used prescription retin-A, which was too expensive for long term use. This is a good substitute. I'm older, so I have to add a moisturizing cream on top, after the Roc soaks in. But for someone who has less dry skin, this cream may be moisturizing enough. I use other Roc products, and used altogether, they work with each other to reduce wrinkles and spots. (I use the day time version with sun protection, too.)

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Other

3 years ago

Maybe this would be best for a lady in her 20s who doesn't have wrinkles.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I was using Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping oil which is mad expensive and wasn't seeing a difference in a line that I have between my eyebrows from sleeping on one side. Nor did I see a difference on my forehead. I switched to this product on a whim and seriously my forehead wrinkles are actually becoming less and less noticeable. The crease between my eyebrows is significantly less prominent although it's fading less efficiently. Highly recommend! Honestly FYI rated the packaging a 4/5 purely for aesthetic reasons. Works fine in terms of application. I have normal-sensitive skin.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

Super Allergic, but then I found out I was allergic to retinol. This is really strong, but my cousin likes it. I only don't recommend it because my face just got super inflamed when I really just used the smallest amount possible that can come out of the tube! Smell: Nothing too big to bother me, but also the amount is so small how can anyone smell it near your eyes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDQS2prfJNM

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

1.0

3 years ago

After using this product for few days I got red bumps everywhere around my chin eyes n cheek! I recommend others to get a test before buying this product !

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm