SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
Facial Treatment EssenceFacial Treatment Essence

3.0

I started off with a trial size bottle. It made my skin go quite red and blotchy but I figured that was the Pitera coming into contact with my skin for the first time. This stopped after about a week so I bought the full size (strawberrynet - why would anyone, at least in Australia, ever pay full price??). This product is ok.. I don't apply it like they say to. I find that for the price it just wastes too much, so I tip a small amount into my palms and pat onto face. I also use the treatment masks once every week or so and there is fluid left in the packet so I also use this on my face through the week. I find that the masks have made more of a difference than the essence. They work out to be about the same price (ie. $200 every 6 months) so will probably just stick with the masks since there's enough fluid left over for 2 applications a day for the following week.

It feels good in the initial moments it goes on the face. And then... it burns and feels itchy (my hands wanted to rip it off my face). It just feels like alcohol over the face. Not liking it at all. When I combined this with the skin signature cream - I started to break out with pimples. Only used this for a week - as soon as I used my regular chanel moisturiser my skin looked better within a day.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have oily/combo skin with occasional breakouts and mild acne scarring. What I am trying to achieve is softening of skin, smaller pores, less oil and hopefully control breakouts during that special time of the month. I started off trying the SK-II treatment mask which I LOVE LOVE LOVE. I wish I could use those everyday, they made my skin so soft and a glowing bright white. I also had some small pimples that went down the next day after doing the mask. So far I've done 2 masks, and since there is so much pitera left in the packet, I refridgerate it and use it for the next few days at night time so I dont waste any extras!

Since this worked out so well for me, I decided to try the FTE. Today is my first day, I purchased from the same vendor off ebay that I got the masks from (trusted source) so I have high hopes for this product. I know some people have mixed reviews so I just hope that is DOESNT make me breakout. I have also been using the clairsonic face brush 2x a day now for the past two weeks and I think that it has really helped absorb most of this product. my skin feels so clean and soft so now I am just hoping that it will also help with uneven skin tone etc. I will update my review as I see results from FTE!

8/17/2009 Update** I have been using this for a few days now and my skin feels incredibly soft and smoother, and 2 big pimples that I had went away over night after applying the toner on my face! I think that it has helped a little bit with the overall oil control, but I am waiting longer to see more results. I love how it nicely moisturizes my face so its not dry in the dry areas and the oily areas are somewhat controlled. The bottle is abit hard to work, and there is practically no smell to it at all. I love how it feels on my skin after a long shower and absorbs very very quickly. It also does help brighten my skin too, I have noticed. Looking forward to continued usage!

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Mainly a question concerning using FTE and BP...

Just started using the FTE about a week and a half ago and so far my skin does NOT like it. My skin had recently been doing really well with just some random cleanser that i got with my Clarisonic, 5% BP, and Cetaphil moisturizer. But, I wanted- SO wanted, to have even better skin. I got a sample of the FTE that i used for about a week without BP. I started breaking out more, but i did seem to notice a more even skin tone and smaller pores. Soooo, I stayed with it. The sample ran out fast. I was without for a couple days until a new larger supply arrived. Since a couple of days ago, I have been using the Facial Clear Solution and FTE. My skin got WORSE. I have been freaking out, but have decided to stick with it for at least another week since my skin might be purging or adjusting or some other variation... (hopefully!) I REALLY want to like this, but I'm beginning to think that, since my breakouts are due to a hormonal condition, nothing topical will ever work for me. : ( I think i might start adding the BP back into the mix at the end of the night before bed. Not sure if anyone knows anything about combining the FTE and BP. Would love any input. I will update again for everyone who is considering to see whether my skin eventually adjusts. (FINGERS CROSSED) Might look into the Shiseido Purness line...

UPDATE: Stopped using it a few days ago and went back to simple 2.5% BP. My skin is already clearing up significantly from the horrible outbreak that the FTE caused. Really wanted this to be my HG like it is for so many others. Hopefully, it will work for my mother.

on 7/4/2009 4:10:00 AM

NOT for people with sensitive skin!

Be really careful when using this product. When I first applied the essence to my face it initially felt really nice and smooth, but then turned into a fierce bright red within a few moments! My face stayed red, felt hot and tender all day - this cannot be good! I have fairly sensitive skin but not excessively so (I can, for example, use DDF 10% Glycolic Toning Compley without problems). But this very expensive SKII stuff is definitely way too harsh for my skin. I've never let it come near my face again, so I cannot comment on how well it works in the long run. Seems to do great things for others here on MUA. Anyway, to use up the bottle I'm now using it on my arms and it tingles even there. Would definitely not repurchase.

on 4/13/2009 12:48:00 AM

Seriously. Had totally normal skin before trying this product. Started using it 2 weeks ago. I started breaking out a little, thought it was my imagination. Got worse. Then I read that my skin may be "de-toxing". Tried to be patient. Zits increased. Literally, one would pop up before the next would heal.
I (stupidly) kept using it. Because it was bloody expensive and I WANTED it to work. Now I have a HUGE cyst- like zit on my chin. It looks like a boil. I don't know how to go to work tomorrow. I have NEVER EVER had a zit like this. Coincidence? I think not. This CANNOT be good, I don't care WHAT the company claims. Stay away. Stay away. You won't know until it is too late
10/8/2009
Still have a purple scar today (my first EVER from a zit) on my chin from the above mentioned cyst/zit. Don't think it will ever go away. Buyer beware! I don't think it is wise to "stick this irritation period through." Or to be patient. It scarred me.

on 1/22/2009 10:06:00 PM

I bought a sample of this product off ebay which I got about 10 uses from, and, wow, it is amazing!!

I have moderate to servere acne which I treat with benzyl peroxide, and it makes me flaky and generally dull looking. I put this on after applying my acne treatment and my skin is baby soft and it has seriously improved my skin! Before I started using the essence I had a bad breakout but this improved it within in 2 days.

Will buy fullsize bottle :)

on 12/2/2008 8:08:00 PM

For me, it's not a miracle water. It does hydrates skin, but I can do without this essence when I use some nice cream. It's nice for hydration, but not a must have for me.

on 5/13/2008 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

at first I really didnt like this product. It made my skin feel itchy and made me brake out. I went to take it back and the SR told me to stick it out for another week because the skin needs time to clear up. I was really skeptical but tried it for another week and my skin stopped breaking out. A month later my skin looks better than ever. Im really happy with the SKII products, and this is definitely one of my favorites. My pres are smaller, and my skin is smoother and softer.

I was given a trial size of the Facial Treatment Essence as part of a magazine promotion. I used it nightly for 30 days and have not noticed a difference in my skin. Admittedly, I am quite young, but I have some breakouts and a very dry forehead, as well as large pores on my nose.

After application, my skin would feel very soft but I did not experience any difference in dryness or pores. I stopped using the Essence for over a week to see if I noticed a difference but have not been able to do so.

Don't waste your money,