Nature's Gate Biotin shampoo

3.4

Not tested on animals

on 10/4/2009 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this shampoo! I am switching from BWC Daily Benefits. Nature's Gate Biotin shampoo makes my fine, fragile hair look better, break less, it's cheaper than BWC, and I don't think it contains petrochemicals like BWC does.

I will need to finish my bottle before I am sure, but I think Nature's Gate Biotin shampoo is my HG shampoo!

on 2/19/2008 11:53:00 PM

A friend told me a few years back that she used to give biotin vitamins/pills to the horses that she raised because biotin is great for their manes - the same reason why biotin is supposed to be great for human hair, too! So when I saw this shampoo, and faced with all the hair in my shower drain, I had to pick it up for a try. The shampoo promises to be gentle, and I will say this: It is very gentle and makes my scalp a bit tingly when I use it. On the other hand, it is so gentle that I find myself having to use lots of it if my hair is a bit more dirty, as it is not meant to be a clarifying shampoo. Granted, I don't use it on a continual basis, since I rotate among several shampoos to prevent build-up, so I am not sure I see the difference it makes in my hair. Perhaps biotin works better when taken as a vitamin? I'm on the fence about this one, but seeing that it is somewhat pricey (if I recall correctly, $8-9 for a bottle) for the iffy results, I probably won't repurchase.

on 4/28/2007 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this shampoo and using it happily. Every so often I would switch off and treat myself by using Ojon or Pureology, but those are just too expensive for me to use everyday, especially with my head of hair! I had read on the skinactives.com and essentialdayspa.com boards that adding sea kelp bioferment to my shampoo would really improve it. I'm not a diy'er usually, but it was easy enough to do. Mannnnn oh man, what a difference! Even with the extra cost of adding the stuff, because the Nature's Gate is so reasonably priced, the addition turned it into the PERFECT shampoo. I also really like the shampoo sold by a local spa that I go to . Since they make their own stuff, I BEGGED them to start making a shampoo with sea kelp bioferment already in it. They finally took my advice and are even selling it online now - with RAVE reviews. So, now I have TWO perfect shampoos. AND HAPPY HAPPY HAIR !