Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I'm scared to review this but here it goes...I'm not impressed. It is of incredible quality but has a finish that doesn't suit my face: Satin and soft focus powdery. A great one if your skin has that quality naturaly, like my mom and a few friends with the peach fuzz! On those it would settle in nicely. My skin has a shiny quality I like and this tones it down a lot. This is why I gave it this rating. I like that the shade range is varied (24 shades in a luxury brand AND in a great formula). They also provide information as to wether the color is warm, red(cool), or neutral. The 9.0 neutral was a good fit for me. It's fabulous on camera. Especially under stark lighting, which makes sense for it's popularity in Hollywood. It provides that powdery yet radiant finish that looks great under flash and classic clothing. I prefer Koh Gen Do Aqua for the luxe glow though.

on 12/16/2018 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I...I was rendered speechless.

Look, I didnt even intend to GET this foundation, at all.
My usual HG foundation,GA Maestro,once again mysteriously disappeared from the shelves. I couldnt find my shade literally anywhere. Rather than wasting my money away to other brands, I picked this one out of loyalty, because not once GA ever disappointed me. Still with a lot of doubt for I love,love sheer foundation and LS being "medium coverage" is a bit much. Or so I thought.

I got my shade, 5.75 for Im Asian NC25-30,strong yellow undertone (even Maestro 5.5 that I normally use is a hair too beige but whatever).
I have dry skin. Im on retinoid and AHA treatment. Im no longer in my 20s,okay. Foundation shopping is a dreadful experience.
So with fingers crossed I try this out, after prep and priming.

I got two pumps out for all my face and neck and HOLY COW WHAT IS THIS. How this shade blends into my skin, no,it fits like skin? How? And how the random stippling and buffing (i am lazy. Maestro did the job like a maestro it is) creates such gotdang flawless, natural finish?! What magic is this? Wait. There's more.
It is light. So light I dont feel like I am wearing makeup. And I thought Maestro was good. It is great but LS is ethereal. It must be created by the gods. It covers ever so lightly but perfectly so I can look in the mirror and whisper, "Well hello there, beautiful".
It fits beautifully. It doesnt sink into my pores. It does magic to my skin. It is gorgeous. I feel gorgeous.

This is life changing and I could never go back again. Ever.

on 12/12/2018 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

HOLY GRAIL!

It's the very definition of a perfect foundation. Tried this foundation over a friend's recommendation, and you know what. Never once I regret the many dollars spent on one bottle of foundation. I have a combination, neutral-yellowish skin tone typical for south east asian women, with few freckles and no acne scars. This foundation works perfect for me in any kind of weather and seasons; hot and humid tropical weather: checked! Dry and cold unforgiving winter: checked! Cold and humid sub-tropic weather: checked! I even once wore this foundie for skiing! Yes, skiing with lots and lots of falling and ice all over my face - guess what, by the end of the day my skin still looked flawless and it held on beautifully on my face. Love this foundation so much! Repurchase? Hell yeah! Haven't found a better foundation than this one (yet)

Skin: Very Dry, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I blame Sephora.

Oh yes. I strolled innocently into Sephora during holiday sales hoping to pick up some goodies.

I knew nothing about this foundation but I saw a lady with a face of makeup perfection and I had to inquire. She, in a rush, told me "Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk" as she grabbed her shade quickly and headed to the growing line.

So, I swatched it; liked it; found my shade; picked it up to purchase; looked at the price tag.

Sucked all the breathe right out of my body for a split second.

I had to make some brief financial decisions. With a $60+ price tag, did I misread? Had I entered an alternate reality? Where exactly do they do that at?

I figured if I was ever going to try it, the time would be now--on sale, that is.

When I got home, I applied this $60+ so-called silk onto my face with a beautyblender. And....fireworks. Light bulbs. Balloons. Champagne. What is this party in a bottle?

It was the best no-makeup makeup foundation I had ever tried since the discontinued/original Make Up For Ever Face and Body foundation. I could wear full coverage makeup that was thinner than paper? As light as a feather? Goes on like butter? And...the perfect shade match? What is this?!

I breathed a sigh of relief. It was worth it. Happiness enveloped me. And it has not let me down years later.

It was quite easily the most no-fuss foundation I ever bought. And it looked even more beautiful after several hours of wear. I did not have to work with it, learn how to use it, and figure out how it works best. Ironically, luxury foundations can be the most difficult foundations to get right sometimes. For all the money you spend, you will often be scratching your head, wondering "no, this has to work" as you shake your head wondering why it's not working. It was one way from the beginning and has stayed consistent.

The only other no-fuss high-end foundations for me were Make Up For Ever original HD and original Face and Body (even the newer versions had me scratching my head).

All in all, I am thankful for that day.

on 11/14/2018 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is beautiful but breaks me out. I would get like a weird little painless bump on my skin somewhere right after i apply it. I'm sad cause this foundation is really beautiful and i got two bottles in different shades. Pretty sad it doesn't work on me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this foundation even though there are a few things you should know if you have dry skin: 1. Wear this with Marc Jacobs coconut primer. It does cling to dry patches, though not too bad, it was enough to bother me. With the primer it is absolutely flawless. 2. If you have a red nose, it’ll take more layers, but sometimes it can get scaly if you’re not careful. Overall, it’s worth the price. I bought it during Sephora’s sale. It’s like no other foundation. I like light coverage, so one layer is enough, other than my nose. I use it with a beauty blender and it goes on fine. I bought shade 2, which is best for those fair ladies who can’t find shade matches, and with neutral to muted olive undertones or just slightly yellow.

on 10/24/2018 1:41:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The only reason I gave it 4 star is because it's very expensive and hard to find in Indonesia. This is a hype foundation that everyone talked about and it lives up to its expectation:
- Great staying power (wore it for 8 hours straight with 2x ablution in between - and it still stays as if nothing happened)
- Hydrating (I have dry skin)
- Medium coverage that can be build to high coverage
- It does gives you that luminous silky skin (as it named) without over powering sheen or shimmer
I do find it a bit "too made up" to be worn as everyday foundation but it definitely is a star performer for those so called "special occasions".

on 9/4/2018 3:39:00 AM

This lives up to the hype. I often gets samples before buying and this one blew me away. So gorgeous and really does look just like skin. This and hourglass veil primer are a match made in heaven!

on 8/25/2018 7:34:00 AM

The coverage is gorgeous, if you have oily or combination skin then this is definitely for you! If you have dry skin, then use your normal nourishing moisturiser before application as this formula is oil free. It allows my skin to breathe as well which Studio Fix sometimes didn't. This is a kind of expensive price but it really is worth it, it's a highly spreadable formula so it lasts a long time.

on 8/5/2018 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

s a 45 + woman of color, I was delighted to find this foundation. I use No 13. The foundation is AMAZING. I love the texture. It is silky and very light but it is buildable. I actually apply it with my fingers and the amazing thing is that once I have rubbed it in a circular motion on my face, my fingers are barely stained! I also love the feel because I do not feel like I am wearing a mask. It really does feel like second skin. I absolutely love the flawless finish. This is for someone who wants to look flawless and natural. I have recently bought the Armani bronze finish powder which I apply lightly to the cheekbones and bridge of the nose for a natural glowing look. I must say that although it is pricey, I use a very small amount. I can finally say adieu to MAC NW50 and welcome to my Armani Luminous Silk Foundation 13. May you live forever!