Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum

Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
C-Firma Day SerumC-Firma Day Serum

3.3

on 3/24/2018 6:54:00 PM

This burned the ever-loving hell out of my face. It also smelled like carrots and was orange. Like the serum itself was orange. Is that what vitamin c serum is supposed to look like? Either way, I am scared of trying any vitamin c- based product ever again. So, bla!

on 10/12/2017 9:37:00 PM

This is a terrible C serum. I have nothing against Drunk Elephant and some of their products are my HG's (Lala Retro, B hydra), but man this C serum is garbage. I always keep my L-AA serums in the fridge so they don't turn before I can use them up and I have a bottle of Timeless C+E Ferulic that's been in my fridge for over 6 months and it's still crystal clear. Well I purchased a bottle of C Firma a month ago and it's been in the fridge since the day I got it and it's turned brown. Not golden or even orangish, it's totally an ugly oxidized brown. Like WTF. It's also super oily and at this point I'm not going to put it on my skin because it's so oxidized what would be the point. I'm glad I have my bottle of Timeless and I will be sticking with that since I've had great results, no oxidization and it's really inexpensive.

on 11/3/2016 4:23:00 PM

This is quite a simple no frills product with vitamin C, sinks in well but this isn't anything special. I usually buy the same concentration vitamin c serum from amazon that has other antixodiants that work in conjunction with the vitamin c for around $20. I felt there was more of a difference but was curious to see what a high end vitamin c was like. There was nothing adverse but I just didn't feel it made as big a difference as when theres other goodies such as Vitamin c, ferulic, resveratrol, green tea, etc. This is a well packaged but I would not purchase again since there is no value for money.

on 10/29/2016 8:36:00 PM

Definitely not my favorite product in the line. It is a thin orange gel that provides your skin with vitamin C and not much else. It does not have enough hydration on its own, even for combo/oily skin, but then again, it is just a serum. The formula is rather thin, and it seems to just slip and slide. It also doesn't seem to completely absorb and just sits on the skin, at least for me. It is very similar to Ole Henriksen Truth Serum. The difference is the price per ounce - $48 for OH and $80 for DE.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I just don't get the hype with this brand. C Firma Day Cream did nothing for me! I've had better, "glowing" results with lot cheaper less cutesy company names. I wonder if people are drawn the "drunk elephant" name and somehow they can bypass the poor quality of their products. this stuff turned orange in few weeks, which is a bad sign for vit C product, and this happened despite the airtight packaging. I continued to use it until finished with it, but it did absolutely nothing. Right now I'm using Protini Polypeptide Cream, which is also showing no results whatsoever. So hence my negativity to the whole brand...have had no results from 2 products so my decision is made.

on 2/20/2018 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is so overpriced. The biggest problems with vitamin C serum are smell and feel on the skin—and this is no better than other high-concentration serums I've tried, despite costing a lot more. There is no getting around vitamin C feeling tacky and gross on the skin, apparently. If this felt better on the skin that similar cheaper serums it might be worth the $$. But it isn't so it's not. I'd rather just get something from The Ordinary...even if it doesn't feel the greatest, at least I didn't spend like $100 on it!

on 4/12/2017 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the first skincare item I've ever spent over $50 on and I have no regrets.

People's main gripe about this product seems to be the price and that you can find similar vitamin C serums for a lower cost. To some people, the $80.00 price tag on this is outrageous; while others would spend double that or more on skincare items without batting an eye. I'm one of those people who is in the middle. Will I ever buy a skincare item that costs over $100? I doubt it. But I was able to pull the trigger on this one and see myself repurchasing. Why?

I use two pumps of this product on my face every 2-3 mornings, after cleansing and before going in with any other skincare. The results I see justify the price tag for me. My complexion is noticeably brighter. I've heard that this is one of the best vitamin C serums on the market for increasing collagen production. I appreciate the fact that a good vitamin C serum increases the efficacy of any SPF applied over the top. It feels like my skin drinks this stuff right up. I'm almost done with my first bottle and it's lasted me almost 6 months, which is much longer than I expected. There's no ingredients on this product's ingredients list that make me uncomfortable or that I feel iffy about putting on my face.

Another big gripe in the reviews is the scent... I think I'm a freak of nature because I actually like the smell of this serum. Sort of fishy, sort of metallic, sort of citrus-y. Skincare isn't supposed to smell good though it's like taking a shot of wheatgrass or taking fish oil supplements. You do it for the health of your body not because you want it to taste good.

I bought a sample of this and was sold after 3 uses. I suggest trying out a few different samples of vitamin C serums before sealing the deal and buying a full-sized bottle.

on 7/5/2016 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is fantabulous! I def think its hit HG status already - and its only been a couple weeks of use, every other day. My skin is much smoother, my dry patches are virtually non existent, and my pores are cleaned out and refined (less visible). My makeup goes on smoothly and although I am using a couple different nighttime products which I know are working in conjunction with this, I def credit DE's C serum as a major workhorse within that mix.

To address the smell people are discussing... I don't know where all these meat byproducts are entering in here (hot dogs, bacon, etc) but that's cracking me up - its also not true LOL. This straight up smells like all vitamin C products do, which is slightly metallic. I used to make my own C serums and the C powder also had this distinctive smell. While its far from aromatherapy, its not too terrible and it dissipates pretty quick.

For ages I swore by Timeless ($24) and still do, which is a lot cheaper than DE's C and Ferulic mixture ($80), but I was caught in this cycle wherein no matter how well I stored Timeless, the product went bad before I ever even got a quarter into the bottle. So when I read DE's version was much more stable and didn't expire for (I think it is) a year, I was sold. Given all above, I figured the prices btw the two products eventually evened out. So I went for it and am so glad I did!

Update Aug 2017: Although I still love this product, I have come to find this is quite difficult to wear under makeup, so I can only use it on down days where I do not go out. Likewise, its sooooo sticky and shiny that I have to use it more like a mask; I can handle it on for a few hrs but then I need to wash it off bc it gets pretty annoying... Has this effected the way I feel about this product? Well, yes and no - I still love it and its HG, plus the fact that Vita C can't technically be washed off (I am only washing away the stickiness and the VC has basically soaked in) and also stays in the skin up to 3 days (ergo no need to deal with the annoyance on the daily), I am not too distraught. Still, I wish this could be worn under makeup for additional protection, but it doesn't play nice, so I have removed 1 star from my original 6 star rating.

on 1/29/2016 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This brand is worth every penny since you are really getting the product the company says it's giving you. And without fillers and preservatives. I've been using C serums for years and years, combing the labels looking for the real deal. This is at 15% and it means business.
I love this line. I have 2 other products to review. And soon the SPF :)
Don't you go anywhere Drunk Elephant!!

on 6/27/2018 4:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The premise of this product is good but there are cheaper products on the market. Also, I don't like that it's orange. It's harder to tell if it has oxidized if it's already orange. The packaging is good and should protect the product nicely. The shelf life is only 6 months though. Vitamin c (ascorbic acid) can have an adverse effect on the skin if used once oxidized. Which you can't tell because it's made orange??? So I won't use it.

At this point I will only use any vitamin c (ascorbic acid) for 3 months before replacing it. That's expensive so I've been trying other forms of vitamin c which are more stable. The ordinary ethylated vit c is very nice. Peter Thomas Roth power c is nice too. It has THD ascorbate in it. There's not alot of research on these other forms so I judge them my how my skin looks and feels. And I don't have to throw them away after 3 months.

If you really want to try this, just buy the mini. Great for travel too.

Popular Face Skincare Products