Bumble and bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Heat & UV Protective Primer

Bumble and bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Heat & UV Protective Primer
Hair Primer!

4.1

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, PEG-12, Glyceryl Dimyristate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis (Tiare) Flower Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid BHT, Fragrance (Parfum), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Coumarin, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol.

Oh my. This one is so good, I had to review it immediately.

I love the multiple uses for this primer. Effectively defrizzes (which will eliminate my use of No Frizz spray from Living Proof), contains healthy oils to soften and protect (which will eliminate my use of Elixir Ultime), protects against heat damage, and detangles. For the $$, this is worth every stinkin' penny and then some. I've consolidated products down to ONE. That is a huge win in my book. Additionally, the nozzle really restricts the amount that comes out with each pump - teeny tiny droplets - it will last much longer than I originally expected. I sprayed my whole head, lifting each section of hair, and ends. Then combed through before sectioning to blow dry. Works very well with Bb Thickening Hairspray at the root for volume.

The smell is soft and gentle - HEAVEN. I ran out and shoved my head in hubby's face and asked him to take a whiff. He liked it a lot. Not overpowering!

My hair is naturally wavy with a bit of texture. Caucasian, some balayage. I straightened it with ease using this spray. Can't wait to experience it after air-drying!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using a deluxe sample size of this line that I got at Sephora as part of a 500-point reward. Not too keen on the shampoo/conditioner part of the package [EDIT 7.13.2015: turns out it's the shampoo side of things I don't like; LOVE the conditioner!], but boy oh boy is the Invisible Oil Primer like hair magic!

Frankly, this has been one of the best hair weeks of my life thanks to this stuff and the Terax Latte shampoo, both new introductions to my hair care routine. I incorporated them separately enough to confirm that both products are playing major roles in the improvement of the overall condition of my hair.

Speaking specifically about the Invisible Oil Primer, it's very easy to use: just squirt it even-ishly onto your hair, comb through to make it more evenly distributed, and then blow dry your hair during the magic window when it is neither too damp nor too dry. That is, if you have a magic window of dampness for optimal hair-drying (I do cuz my hair is fussy as all get out).

FYI, I've tried tons of other heat protectancts/hair creams/detangler/leave-in conditioners/other styling products, and this is definitely a game-changer. Pricy, but one of the rare products worth the price.

For the record, my hair is normally a fine, limp, straw-like mess that breaks easily and just generally fussy up the wazoo. With the addition of the Oil Primer and Terax Latte shampoo, it's been the best it's been in well over a decade. Shiny, soft, manageable, hydrated, much easier to style. I feel like I've gone back in time at least 10-20 years and am optimistic for the first time in a long time that I might actually be able to grow it out past my shoulders without major breakage. Which, yay!!!!!!

A final note: the only aspect of this product that I'm somewhat meh about is the scent. Bumble and Bumble are capable of producing magnificantly scented products (Brilliantine Cream, for example) that are also essentially instructions on how to use the product coded/written via the product's scent, which is to say: very often, how a B& B product smells tells you a lot about how it's meant to be used or the effect it will have on your hair. For me, that's one of the most brilliant aspects of their line, even though their products can be hit or miss.

EDIT: 5.28.2015: This is a GREAT product overall but I must remove a lippie. While I'm not generally all afeared of silicone-based ingredients (there are many delightful ones that have no harmful effects, wash out easily with water and/or a halfway decent shampoo), this seems to contain one of the heavier sorts (in all likelihood, dimethicone) that builds up over time faster than my shampoo can tackle and thus results in scalp issues.

To remedy, I will probably just take a break from this stuff and then pick it up again and try to figure out how better to incorporate into my routine. I love this product enough that it's worth futzing about.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this more like a leave-in since I rarely flat-iron my hair, but so far I really like it. I bought the small bottle from Sephora so I could try it. I sprayed a couple of sprays into my palms and ran them through my hair, concentrating in areas like the sides of my hair and ends. There seems to be a learning curve to what amount was perfect for my hair. It feels light and has a light scent but it does moisturize well. My hair was left soft with loads of shine and with curls and volume still intact. I used a styling cream on top a few times and it mixed well. It took a while to see any difference initially but it eventually absorbed. There is glycerin in this so watch out for dew points. it does fight frizz very well too so I can see this being even better when heat styling. Summer months should perfect for me to break this out since it is not sticky in texture. I would repurchase.

This is my new fave hair product. My hair had actually been in bad condition because I hadn't gone shopping for my usual hair products, and so this primer saved my hair.
After i brush my wet hair, I generously spray this all over my head of hair, towel wrap my hair for 10 mins, let it down and spray a bit more and a few more products, then I blow dry my hair.
The areas of my head and hair that were frizzy and dry before, are no longer! and my hair has been softer and more manageable since.
I purchased the travel size, but Im ready to go buy the full size because mine is almost done lol.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got the travel kit to try the Invisible Oil line and this is my favorite product of the three. Performs a lot like Its a 10 for me, and has similar ingredients. I like it, and I love Bb so I'll likely buy a full size.

on 6/28/2014 12:43:00 AM

I think this is going to replace a lot of products for me (I'm talking to you Davines OI oil and Shu Uemura Essence Absolue). I have incredibly fine, coloured, shoulder-length hair with oily roots and dry ends. After just one use, on damp hair, I noticed that my hair was shinier but weightless. (I was pleasantly surprised because I found the Hairdresser's Invisible Oil to be a bit greasy and heavy for my hair; as is the case with most oils and serums.) Also, it smells nice but doesn't linger too much. I'm sensitive to fragrance but this one didn't bother me. I'm still trying out the shampoo and conditioner but I like them so far, too. I bought the travel sized trio but plan on purchasing full sizes for sure.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not sure where I stand on this product, it does not do any harm to my hair but it does not create miracles either (hence 3 stars).

My hair is thin, slightly frizzy, naturally has no shine and has never been dyed (my hairdresser always says that people pay a lot of money to have a colour that I already have without colouring my hair AT ALL). I'm trying to grow it out now after 8 years of a constant pixie cut so I thought it is time to get a conditioner to keep it well between cuts (I try to go every 8-10 weeks).

I have a regular hair conditioner from this line too which I use once a fortnight and I use this product every day. I spray it on freshly washed hair and then style it with a hairdryer (it is winter where I live and I cannot imagine going out with wet hair! Plus it looks sooooo much better when heat styled so I will not be giving my use of a hairdryer up any time soon). I don't use too much maybe 5-6 sprays on my ends only as I'm worried it might get my hair weighted down.

It is hard to say what it actually DOES. It smells nice and looks good in my bathroom. And that is about it. I still get flyaways and I still get split ends. Also, it seems to last forever - I have had my bottle at least for a year now and I still have a half left!

on 6/27/2017 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I've tried a handful of bumble and bumble products, none of which have blown me away until this one. I received a sample of this, and I'm so glad I did. I never wouldn't tried it otherwise. It left my hair softer, smoother, and less frizzy. This is my first five star review (I believe), and it totally deserves it. I'm not sure what magic is in this, but if you have dry, coarse hair you need to try this. Alternatively, my mother in law who has extra fine, soft, hardly frizzy wavy hair also loved it and it didn't weigh her hair down. It is light and doesn't weigh my hair down or leave it greasy, but it really takes my frizz to almost nothing. I have 2c, somewhat coarse, frizzy hair that is fluffy, not fine, but also not thick either. I need so much help smoothing, moisturizing, and making hair soft, but so many products don't do enough or leave me greasy (low porosity hair means it's hard to find stuff that works ad the CG method did not work at all for me). I know my hair will never be completely frizz free thanks to my texture (it's just too coarse and frizzy without product), but this has made it much more manageable. I have found applying by spraying into hands and smoothing it through sectioned hair (bottom half then top half) works the best for me. As hair is drying it does go through a slightly funny phase that I initially thought was going to leave hair feeling dry and coarse, but then it dried and was smooth and soft feeling. It's made styling when wet or next day dry hair so much easier. I think I'll have to repurchase fairly often (every 2 months I expect), but it'll be worth it if the results stick around for the long run!

Edit: after continuous use, I ended up with protein overload. Hair was getting more coarse and wiry, although wasn't dry, which is how I know it wasn't a moisture, but rather a protein issue. This does have several proteins about halfway down the ingredient list. I am going to take a break and see if I can find a balance that allows me to use this daily. If I have to use it more sparingly, I'll reserve for days I plan to heat style or wear it down and curly/wavy instead of up (I typically air dry and put hair in a ponytail or bun).

Edit 2: I've been unable to figure out how to make this work. Now that my hair has all the protein it needs, this is making little frizzies pop up like crazy and hair isn't that soft. I won't be repurchasing. I'm SO sad to report that what I thought was my new HG after a month of use has become just another product in the cabinet. Although I've never before had such great results from a product like I did at the beginning, they didn't last and it was too good to be true for my difficult hair. I'm not able to use for heat styling either, as it truly leaves hair feeling sort of coarse and straw like. If you need protein or your hair Isnt bothered by it, try this! It will likely be amazing. For folks who can't do protein, this is another product that unfortunately doesn't work out. Oh how I wish companies would STOP with all the proteins in hair products. Some of us just can't use them. Reduced score to a 3. It works well, but not for my hair type.

on 11/24/2018 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this after seeing the high number of raves on the Internet. I am not sure what the big deal is. For this much money, I expected something like Kerastase products. At the least, the Kerastase products work for a while before you figure out that your hair is no longer responding to silicone. This failed to be anything special at my first trial. It detangles. That is all I can say positively about this product. I have used a lot of oil based products. Although this has some oil, the silicon is the prevailing element in it. So for a while, your hair will be happy and smooth but then it can break and fall out. My suggestion is to keep your money and look into products like Agadir.

on 7/8/2015 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I redeemed 100 Sephora points for a travel size bottle of this, mistakenly thinking it was the Invisible Hairdresser's Oil. I didn't mind too much because I could use a UV/heat styling protectant in my haircare lineup but this one was too heavy for my fine hair. The scent is overwhelmingly coconut, so if you don't like coconut scented products, you've been warned. My hair felt dirty and became greasy faster than usual after applying this to my ends. I usually wash my hair every other day but after using this I had to wash it two days in a row. I didn't see any improvement in terms of detangling properties or shine. For reference, I have fine hair.