Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

3.3

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my first BB cream but I have tried tinted moisturizers in the past - they're the same thing, right? I have this in the lightest shade and I am amazed that it actually matches my natural skin tone, and I'm NC5-10. This is perfect at giving me that "my skin but better" look and I actually find myself reaching for this more often than I do regular foundations now. I apply the Rimmel Stay Matte translucent powder over this and it stays all day. It makes me look polished and well groomed while looking like I don't have makeup on. It blends really well and doesn't oxidize, doesn't go greasy and stays in place all day while looking natural. I like it so much that I bought the medium shade for when I'm tanned.

on 11/20/2014 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

As I am very fair skinned I got this in the lightest shade possible, and it was great for about an hour. This oxidized on me something terrible.

on 11/7/2014 3:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Horrible, horrible cystic acne. I have never gotten this reaction to a makeup product before. I really liked this product at first; it went on nice and it made my skin glow. Woke up this morning with a HUGE cystic bump between my nose and check (yeah, the worst place to get those EVER) it's huge, red and incredibly painful. I have not used any other new skincare or makeup products so I know this guy is to blame.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This isn't my favortie BB cream, but it isn't the worst I've tried. It matches my skin tone really well and gives me a dewy finish, which I love. It goes on best when applied with your fingers. It has a very liquid consistency, and doesn't have much coverage. It does feel light on my skin, and evens my skin tone for the most part. However, it does not last all day, and it does not cover my redness very well unless I apply more than one layer, and at that point it starts to settle in my pores and look cakey. If you're looking for something that feels nice on the skin but has very light coverage, you will probably love this, it just isn't my favorite.

on 10/16/2014 12:36:00 AM

This is the first BB cream I have tried and I think it's not bad. I purchased it because I wanted to train myself to wear lighter coverage. The only thing about this cream is it makes my face more oily after a few hours compared to other products. I am looking forward to using this when the weather here becomes dry and freezing, but in hot/humid weather I would definitely prefer a more mattifying BB cream. I am also glad that I have no problems with the colour, it matches my skin tone perfectly (I sometimes struggle with shades being too pink/yellow).

Overall, I would probably purchase this brand again, and probably try out the Dream Pure bottle, as I hear that is the matte version of this product (however I did not see any at my Target today).

on 10/4/2014 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm 16 with combo/ acne prone skin.
I wanted something that gave a bit of coverage but looked natural. I have tried other BB Creams like collection and Garnier, Maybelline is definitely the best of all 3. I apply with a damp makeup sponge.

Pros-
Glowy
Looks like skin- Doesn't pick up on dry bits as much
Blends Well/ Build-able
Lasts about 5-6 hours (enough for school) Longer with primer.
Good colour ( I got light).

Cons-
Runny so sometimes too much can come out
Can get a bit oily after a few hours but can be fixed with loose powder
Not very full coverage

on 9/29/2014 7:13:00 PM

For some odd reason when I wear a traditional foundation, my skin looks horrible. I have a lot of redness. And when I find a foundation to cover the redness, the rest of my skin looks like crap. So I've given up on foundation. I keep coming back to this BB cream after trying countless foundations, etc. It's just a plain water-based tinted moisturizer with SPF. Nothing special. It has enough pigment (light/medium) to tone down my redness, but doesn't make my 50+ year old skin look like crap. It doesn't break me out, cause excess oiliness, or oxidize my face into oompa loompa land.

I apply this all over my face, then apply a light second layer on my super-rosy cheeks (this is a light, but buildable coverage BB cream). Boom. Done. I'm learning as I get older that the simplest of solutions are usually the best. No need for powder, no need to use concealer. Sometimes no need for blush. I like simple.

Long story short: Everytime I use this I have to remind myself why.
I don't like it.
I couldn't find the right shade for me, but it didn't matter since it was summer anyway I though (and my skintone would change).

I'd rather go with a good, moisturizing sunblock than this one. Today, there are good, moisturizing sunblocks that leaves you feeling less greasy than this one (The body shop has some, for example).
Yes. It does even out my skintone, and yes, it does not crack up on my drier parts but is it worth it, I ask myself? BECAUSE I can feel it. And it feels cakey. Especially since you need powder trying to get rid of some fatty-shine.

Pros:
* Cheap
* Easy to find

Cons:
* Leaves my skin feeling greasy, not to mention if one sweats a bit....
* Bad bad package... can't handle airplane trips of any shaky trips... the pressure that builds up in the tube ends up smudging the cream everywhere.
* I find it hard to remove. I guess I should mention I use very skinfriendly products.
* You'll need powder to tone it down a bit ... now that is the recipe for a cake with this foundation.

I'll slowly, slowly, use this bottle up and never look for it again. I don't use it when I'm preparing for a girls night out or a nice day around town... I use it as a sunblock when I don't have any sunblock with me. I use it as something-makeup-stuffy when I'm heading for a hike with the guy I have a crush on (In other words when I need a sunblock but also would like to wear some makeup). Hah.

At first I really liked using this product, but over time I noticed my skin becoming more oily for no reason and all the sudden I started breaking out with these deep under the skin painful blemishes. This was after 5 months of using this as the only product on my skin. I can only attribute this to the bb cream, as I have never had skin issues in the past, maybe one to two small pimples a month near my nose. Now I am getting 10-12 large pimples a month on my skin and forehead zones. As a result I now have some scaring on my chin and I would not recommend this for long term daily use at all.

on 9/23/2014 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I got this when I first started wearing makeup. it's great if you're starting, and you don't want to much coverage. It can get a little greasy on my face, but I don't know if that's just because I have naturally oily skin. The packaging is super adorable and durable. This isn't my favorite BB cream, but it's something I would reach for if I'm not feeling like doing that much with my makeup routine. Overall, I recommend.