September 17, 2014 | 1937 users online

Loose Powders - Sonia Kashuk - barely there loose powder in flesh

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by ironwoman01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic loose powder for being purchased at Target. Like other reviewers have stated, the packaging for this really sucks and the sifter is just inconvenient and messy. I read on another review to tape some of the holes in the sifter, in order to stop some of the powder from coming through, so I think I may have to try that. I'm NC25 for reference and was looking for a setting powder for tinted moisturizer and foundation. I have strong yellow undertones and I need something that will blend in with my yellow undertones. This product has both yellow and pink undertones, so it isn't perfect for me, but I do like the powder it self. It is finely milled and you don't need a lot to set. I don't think I will purchase this again, but for somebody else it would be perfect. I am still on the hunt for a very yellow setting powder. Will probably try Ben Nye banane powder next.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by gracefuli274

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this at Target because I wanted a mineral like powder for the summer. This is a great buy! It's affordable and a high quality product. The powder is light, does not irritate my sensitive skin at all, and there's no scent like the bare minerals line. It's a versatile product too, because I use it alone as a foundation or I use it as a setting powder. I'm so glad I don't have to spend money on the bare minerals foundation when I can get this!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I bought this to replace my almost finished BE Mineral Veil. At $8.99, it's not super cheap nor expensive for 0.14 oz/4 grams, but after reading older reviews about how much cheaper it used to be $8.99 seems a bit steep. Anyways, the container is roughly the same size as the Mineral Veil, except the latter contains 47 oz/13.5 g.

The powder itself is very finely milled. Coverage is pretty matte - I buffed this in after applying liquid foundation and concealer and I am not shiny at all. The shade "flesh" fits my skintone just right. I was concerned it might be too dark but it really is "barely there".

For reference, I wear Mac NC30, Nars Budapest/Fiji, BE 1.2/2.0 light, and EM winged butter.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2009 9:55:00 PM More reviews by piyopiyo127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is actually a really, really good powder. however, if u're looking for full coverage you won't find it here as this really is "barely there" and it's really sheer, for a more natural "finish" only. i love this stuff and would swear by it (as i like to look more natural anyway) if only it had more colors. even the flesh is way to light for me and leaves a ghost like overcast.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by lovepinkkx17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product was ok. it made my face look nice... UNDER my makeup. this powder is so finely milled that it just didnt supply enough converage. good as a base powder but not for actual foundation. it's basically a very sheer powder that will hide your pores mayve even out everything for the most part but it just didnt do it for me. i plan to use it up however. i will continue to use it as a base and from then i will search for something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2008 2:04:00 AM More reviews by itzjuzKT

This powder is the best powder I've used in all the loose powder; I've used BE, Urban Decay and L'oreal but this powder is the best. I don't know why people think this is expensive, it's a pretty good deal compare to BE plus it works great with my Asian yellow-toned skin and the powder is so lose, makes my skin looked flawless. I used this under my Estee Lauder concealer and it looked wonderful, but if I just use the loose powder by itself then it won't do anything, which is kinda wack. But I loved how it keeps my oil at bay, I could be sweating for about 4 hours and it still doesn't look nasty, just a little shine. Overall, great product, the container is just as big as BE so you can do your swirl and tap there and it doesn't get messy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by sanckensmom

Like all the other reviewers before me, I am shocked at the small amount of product that you get for 10 bucks! I went on the hunt for a talc free loose powder and tried almost every drugstore variety and they broke me out....I honestly really like this powder a lot...it has the qualities that my expensive Lancome photogenic was missing, the Lancome has Talc...it also has tiny microscopic shimmer particles, tha some may love...you would think I would love them since I use such a Matte foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear) but I am one that hates shimmer....I know you cannot see it on my face, trust me, I scrutinize my face in magnifier mirrors outside....but I want to look matte when I put powder on my face to set it....I know everyone is different...SK's powder seems pretty matte to me and after three weeks of using it, I have not broken out, SCORE! I will definitely update if I break out from this...but for now, the only negative is the insanely high price for such a minimal amount of product! Shame on you SK!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2008 5:20:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

I bought this twice thinking that it could replace my Clinique loose powder which was my HG for years. I am giving this product three lippies because I think it performs very well for a DS product. However, I never was able to get a good color match with this. Flesh was the closest shade for me, but it still managed to be a bit too dark and a bit cakey which I don't understand since I'm an NC30. Also, though it is more finely milled than some other DS loose powders, I think Clinique is superior and more silky than this stuff.

There's something in this powder that also looks a bit chalky on me and which sometimes irritates my skin. So I'd have to say that HE works better for me...

Lastly, this container is messier than most, and I hate that. The puff is a joke, totally cheap and flimsy and so I don't use it at all...I have been using this powder again because I had found the second container that I had purchased, and I can't wait to get through this so that I don't look so chalky and fake...yuck! I'm trying LM next. If that rocks my world, it may replace Clinique as my HG...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2005 5:34:00 PM More reviews by westside

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WOW! I stopped using this years ago, and have recently rediscovered this loose powder. It stops shine, is offered in a large container for an affordable price, and is finely milled. It doesn't cake and is translucent and perfect for my skin tone. I wished that her pressed powder was of the same high quality. Highly recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2005 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Holisticmassage

The container is small, and difficult to work with, powder gets everywhere, and it caused breakouts after only two times. I noticed the pores on my nose looked large and strange after using this. Returning it!

Recently tried Merle Norman Luxiva Flawless Finish powder and that stuff is amazing!