Kryolan Translucent Powder

4.5

Talc, dimethylimadazolidione rice starch, benzoyl benzoate, benzyl salicylate, coumarin, limpoene, linalool, parfum /- others

on 4/11/2015 1:11:00 PM

I use it on my face and under eye area for setting. It makes my makeup long lasting, such an amazing powder. It also has quite good value. There is just one dissappointment for me; its packaging quality is TERRIBLE.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I like this powder a lot, more so then the Ben Nye Banana powder it works very well setting my foundation and it warms up foundations that are not quite yellow enough for me, I got the travel size for 12 dollars in Chicago and I think it will last quite a long time.

on 2/25/2014 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a staple in my kit! This translucent powder works well with most foundations, from my Ellis Faas to MAC foundation. When I apply this, I like to use a powder puff. I use a gentle rolling motion to press this powder into the skin and it creates a beautiful finish and lasts all day. For the price, it's fantastic value. It lasts for a long time.

Compared to some pricier powders, I think Kryolan Translucent Powder is good quality with a finely milled velvety texture and great colour range. Obviously it won't impart a lot of colour onto the skin but you can still choose from very light to dark colours depending on your skin tone. I am an NC44 in MAC but I can get away with using Kryolan's TL11 on my skin. It actually takes away some of the 'yellow' from my MAC foundation and works well with my skin as the TL11 has a slight beige/pinky tone to the powder.

I highly recommend this powder if you can get your hands on it!

on 2/23/2014 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this along side Revlon Colorstay liquid oily/combination foundation and it works wonderfully. I've used it for a couple of years now and I'd never go back. I found that other powders gave my skin a dirty look with a poor blend of colours, but this just blends right into your foundation (obvs because it's translucent). Plus this stuff literally lasts forever! I've been using it for a couple of years and I'm only about one third of the way through my second tub. It stays on all day and literally doesn't come off until I remove my make up. If you want a natural looking powder then this is the one to go for.

on 1/3/2014 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

One of the best setting powder I have ever used. A little goes a long way. I hate the packaging though, but its okay. Would definitely re purchase and a staple in my collection!

on 8/20/2013 9:21:00 AM

I have gone through two tubs of this and I am just about to get my third one. After using this for two straight years, I think I'v gathered enough confidence to review this product. I am very much satisfied with this that I won't waste any more of my time and effort searching for the perfect setting powder for me as this has got to be it.

Generally, I have oily skin. Not really acne prone but I tend to break out to some face powders and this one doesn't break me out at all.

I really like how this makes my makeup look flawless. It makes my makeup last so much longer and it keeps my face from getting oily. The packaging is huge and you only need to put a little amount to cover your entire face. It doesn't alter the color of your makeup base. Looking at the ingredients, this contain titanium dioxide which I believe is an ingredient in common physical sunscreens so I think this powder will relatively give even a short protection from the sun (although it isn't really meant as a sun protection makeup).

With the wide range of shades to choose from, for a setting powder, I think you're in luck. This is hands down the best. Try it to believe it.

on 5/31/2013 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

HOLY FREAKING GRAIL!!!

I have sensitive, combination (but not acne-prone) skin that gets super oily, especially in the T zone. I was using MUFE's transluscent powder, which is nice, but doesn't really help mattify my skin. Read lots of positive reviews about this product, so bought it on ebay and for the amount you get, it's pretty cheap :)
Was super excited to try it, but the first few goes I HATED it. It accentuated all my dry skin, and was just caking like a mofo...was super disappointed. But then I realised, I was using way too much initially...and it's not like I was using a lot! I was used to the MUFE powder's ability to not cake up. So now, I used the tiniest and I mean teeniest amount on my Real Techniques Multi-Tasking Brush (which is synthetic, so again it picks up minimal product) and dust on T-zone and the remainder on the rest of my face... then wait..be patient, after a few minutes, if there's any shine remaining, I take again a tiny amount and place there. Done....dusted. If I go a tad over-powdery, I spray Skindinavia's finishing spray, and then that's it. Don't touch my face. Of course, I have to blot now and then, but even when the shine comes through, it isn't oil-slick, but more luminous and flattering (and I prefer a matte finish)
the finish is so natural, and I swear this powder just elevates any foundation/BB cream that I used. Love this forever <3 If you're an oily-skinned gal (or guy), please give this a go. Have used this everyday I've worn makeup (so 99% of days :P) for 6 months, and there's still a huge amount left in the container. The packing is ugh, and my only gripe is the design. The tub is huge, so not really travel-friendly, and I'd advise to only remove a quarter of the sticker that covers the perforated, in order to better control how much powder comes out, because it can get quite messy otherwise.
xx

EDIT : Knocking this down to 4 stars, because I discovered that Kryolan's Anti-Shine powder does an even better job at mattifying so had to give that 5! Seriously Kryolan you're crushing it with your powders.

on 12/8/2012 5:23:00 AM

Amazing powder, this is literally invisible, extra fine milled. You can get it in a huge container which makes it dirt cheap.

on 12/4/2012 6:01:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The best powder. It provides a matte result and makes greasiness fly away. The finish is very natural like I wear nothing on my face. It also lasts for ages! I bought it a year ago, I use it almost every day and the box is still full. Great purchase!

on 5/17/2012 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I really like this powder, great if your working on stage or tv. I have NC50 skin and use it alot with studio scuplt to matte my foundation so it last longer and doesnt make my skin look like an oil slick. The best way to use this powder is buy a flat sponge put some product in to the lid press the sponge into it and ROLE it on to your face, this stops your face from having 'ghostface' and pushes the poweder into the skin

Quick edit: This powder can be used in daily life. I use it in day to day life and it's not heavy or cakey. It's light and easy to apply

Recommended for Normal Skin