December 18, 2014 | 973 users online

Loose Powders - Kryolan - Translucent Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by nsjet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a staple in my kit! This translucent powder works well with most foundations, from my Ellis Faas to MAC foundation. When I apply this, I like to use a powder puff. I use a gentle rolling motion to press this powder into the skin and it creates a beautiful finish and lasts all day. For the price, it's fantastic value. It lasts for a long time.

Compared to some pricier powders, I think Kryolan Translucent Powder is good quality with a finely milled velvety texture and great colour range. Obviously it won't impart a lot of colour onto the skin but you can still choose from very light to dark colours depending on your skin tone. I am an NC44 in MAC but I can get away with using Kryolan's TL11 on my skin. It actually takes away some of the 'yellow' from my MAC foundation and works well with my skin as the TL11 has a slight beige/pinky tone to the powder.

I highly recommend this powder if you can get your hands on it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

I use this along side Revlon Colorstay liquid oily/combination foundation and it works wonderfully. I've used it for a couple of years now and I'd never go back. I found that other powders gave my skin a dirty look with a poor blend of colours, but this just blends right into your foundation (obvs because it's translucent). Plus this stuff literally lasts forever! I've been using it for a couple of years and I'm only about one third of the way through my second tub. It stays on all day and literally doesn't come off until I remove my make up. If you want a natural looking powder then this is the one to go for.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of the best setting powder I have ever used. A little goes a long way. I hate the packaging though, but its okay. Would definitely re purchase and a staple in my collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Pauw

I have gone through two tubs of this and I am just about to get my third one. After using this for two straight years, I think I'v gathered enough confidence to review this product. I am very much satisfied with this that I won't waste any more of my time and effort searching for the perfect setting powder for me as this has got to be it.

Generally, I have oily skin. Not really acne prone but I tend to break out to some face powders and this one doesn't break me out at all.

I really like how this makes my makeup look flawless. It makes my makeup last so much longer and it keeps my face from getting oily. The packaging is huge and you only need to put a little amount to cover your entire face. It doesn't alter the color of your makeup base. Looking at the ingredients, this contain titanium dioxide which I believe is an ingredient in common physical sunscreens so I think this powder will relatively give even a short protection from the sun (although it isn't really meant as a sun protection makeup).

With the wide range of shades to choose from, for a setting powder, I think you're in luck. This is hands down the best. Try it to believe it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by sisforsteph

HOLY FREAKING GRAIL!!!

I have sensitive, combination (but not acne-prone) skin that gets super oily, especially in the T zone. I was using MUFE's transluscent powder, which is nice, but doesn't really help mattify my skin. Read lots of positive reviews about this product, so bought it on ebay and for the amount you get, it's pretty cheap :)
Was super excited to try it, but the first few goes I HATED it. It accentuated all my dry skin, and was just caking like a mofo...was super disappointed. But then I realised, I was using way too much initially...and it's not like I was using a lot! I was used to the MUFE powder's ability to not cake up. So now, I used the tiniest and I mean teeniest amount on my Real Techniques Multi-Tasking Brush (which is synthetic, so again it picks up minimal product) and dust on T-zone and the remainder on the rest of my face... then wait..be patient, after a few minutes, if there's any shine remaining, I take again a tiny amount and place there. Done....dusted. If I go a tad over-powdery, I spray Skindinavia's finishing spray, and then that's it. Don't touch my face. Of course, I have to blot now and then, but even when the shine comes through, it isn't oil-slick, but more luminous and flattering (and I prefer a matte finish)
the finish is so natural, and I swear this powder just elevates any foundation/BB cream that I used. Love this forever <3 If you're an oily-skinned gal (or guy), please give this a go. Have used this everyday I've worn makeup (so 99% of days :P) for 6 months, and there's still a huge amount left in the container. The packing is ugh, and my only gripe is the design. The tub is huge, so not really travel-friendly, and I'd advise to only remove a quarter of the sticker that covers the perforated, in order to better control how much powder comes out, because it can get quite messy otherwise.
xx

EDIT : Knocking this down to 4 stars, because I discovered that Kryolan's Anti-Shine powder does an even better job at mattifying so had to give that 5! Seriously Kryolan you're crushing it with your powders.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 5:23:00 AM More reviews by redrobot77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing powder, this is literally invisible, extra fine milled. You can get it in a huge container which makes it dirt cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by ioannaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The best powder. It provides a matte result and makes greasiness fly away. The finish is very natural like I wear nothing on my face. It also lasts for ages! I bought it a year ago, I use it almost every day and the box is still full. Great purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 7:58:00 AM More reviews by LishWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder, great if your working on stage or tv. I have NC50 skin and use it alot with studio scuplt to matte my foundation so it last longer and doesnt make my skin look like an oil slick. The best way to use this powder is buy a flat sponge put some product in to the lid press the sponge into it and ROLE it on to your face, this stops your face from having 'ghostface' and pushes the poweder into the skin

Quick edit: This powder can be used in daily life. I use it in day to day life and it's not heavy or cakey. It's light and easy to apply

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by amakeupmistress

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

These are good for work in television, and I do use this powder, but only for the initial set, and then afterwards I prefer to use pressed powder. But this is a makeup artist's trusted brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by momominky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not keen on the packaging which is difficult to control especially when on the move, but the product is fantastic. It's finely milled and beatiful as a finish and for oil control.