December 22, 2014 | 1754 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Finishing Dust

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by icyicypink

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Very nice finish, reasonable price. But not for dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by rubyeskimo

For many years I used Everyday Minerals products for foundation, powder and blush, but eventually I switched to liquid foundations and haven't really ever looked back! I recently moved and have yet to bring all my makeup with me to my new place so every time I go back to visit my parents, I bring a few more items with me (that way the OH won't realise just how big my collection is as it will grow bit by bit...). I came across a half finished pot of EDM Finishing Dust and thought I would just bring it with me, as you always need finishing powder, especially if you're as oily as I am. Anyway, I started using this over my Mac Pro Longwear foundation and I was blown away! It gave me a velvety finish to my skin and definitely helped to keep the oil away even longer. It helped to blur out the texture of my skin and created a very smooth yet not artificial looking surface to my skin. I tried this with my BB cream as well and it gave the same effect. I'm NC15 and it didn't alter the colour of my foundation in any way. I will definitely be re-purchasing once I have finished my current finishing powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by fionahz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! I'm on my 5th or 6th jar. I brush a very light dusting of FD over my liquid foundation in the morning and my skin stays oil-free until late in the afternoon. My skin is very reactive to cosmetics - I will break out in horrible cystic pimples at the mere mention of an irritant but FD has never caused me any reaction. It looks soft and natural and doesn't change the colour of my foundation at all. It's brilliant stuff and I hope they never discontinue it or change the formula.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by eynit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

works, gives me the matte finish i want. holds up to 3h more than my other powders. i have combination skin, really oily forehead/T-zone and dry cheeks.

won't be using it though. makes me break out like mad on my cheeks and not on my T-zone for some reason. i use it one day, next day i wake up with bumps all over the cheeks

im sure it works for other people, just not for me

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder is great for putting over foundation and blush to blend everything out. It doesn't lighten the face notably. It has kept my oil at bay all day long. It hasn't seemed to cause any break outs or irritation. It doesn't look cakey, or cause foundations worn under it to appear cakey. It can make everything look nice and matte.

Although this is good, I still feel like something is lacking somewhere. It's good, but I'm not yet ready to say it is the best finishing powder I have ever experienced in my life. This is probably because I am wanting to try Meow Cosmetic's and Palladio's finishing powders before I commit to one.

All in all, this is a good powder and it delivers what it says it does. I wouldn't recommend this because I believe there are other powders that work just as well for a better price.

EDIT 9/20/13

This powder clogs my pores if I wear it too often/for too many days in a row. Because of that, I don't wear this powder much anymore. I have switched to Palladio Rice Powder in Translucent. I changed the overall rating from a 4 to a 3.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by miaki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this finishing powder. It doesn´t get chalky when reaplying or morphs into orange during the day lika BE mineral veil does. It´s very finely milled and helps keep the shine and oil way. It minimizes pores. This has never broken me out or given me an allergic reaction. I will keep repurschasing this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

Very, very similar to my favorite BE Mineral Veil!! Contains mainly cornstarch, which makes the pores look smaller, yet leaves no "white cast" like the silica powders do (and silica usually irritates my skin as well), especially when taking photos with flash...

Really, really nice powder well worth the money!! The only difference between this and the BE Mineral veil is the color; the BE is more cool/pinkish and this one (even the original shade, not the sunlight one) is more towards yellow....if compared besides each other...

Cornstarch is perfect for my extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin!!

I'm so used to my BE that I prefer it, but if I couldn't get it in time one day I'd reach for this...

Recommended!! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by bellski

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have very oily skin but after applying this in the t-zone it leaves my face matte almost all day long with a silky finish. I have never used a better finsihing powder. Be careful to not apply too much though, it is prone to give you the look of dipping your face in flour if you use to much, and I also don't think this is for a person with dry skin.
The packaging is not very good because the jar is so small (in height) so if you bring it with you and it goes upside down and shaky in your bag, when you open it the powder is everywhere. So i keep it lid up at home.
I use it after Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict6

I'm on the fence for this product. Hate the packaging cos the products gets all over the place when I open it. Good coverage. However, this powder is not as finely milled as other loose powders on the market. I love how ridiculously affordable this powder is! Def recommend if you're on a budget and looking for a good finishing loose powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 3:48:00 AM More reviews by Sta1cee

I got a sample of this and wasn't really eager to try it since I just bought Estee Lauder's Lucidity powder and wasn't looking for anything new.
Well, dang...this stuff is amazing! It creates a flawless finish, is truly transluscent, and is the first powder that managed to keep my skin look oil-free for 2+ hours (I'm an oily mess and have to blot every hour during summer). When I reapplied it to control shine, it didn't look cakey like many other powders tend to do. No oxidation...no irritation...no nothing. Just flawless skin. Definitely will be ordering full size. Sorry Estee :(