August 1, 2014 | 961 users online

Loose Powders - Kevyn Aucoin - the Gossamer Loose Powder - Radiant Diaphonous

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2007 11:14:00 PM More reviews by miranets

From looking at colour swatches this is not really a complexion powder, more of a sculpting/bronzing powder. The shade does not contain any beige undertones but is slightly too dark for my skin. It casts a slightly orange tinge and that is why I think it is more of a bronzing powder. It is matte and does not contain shine. The mill is good, very fine and does not catch on the pores. Because its tone is slightly too dark for me, I find that after a long day and when sebum has oxidated my skin does not look flattering at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2007 4:53:00 PM More reviews by anniele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautifully packaged, beautiful powder. This is the first loose powder I have ever used and I absolutely love it. It goes on like silk and disappears into my skin. When I opened it, I was a little wary of the dark yellow color and doubted that it would work on my NC 35-40 skin, but it did, thank goodness! The container it comes in is GORGEOUS and glamorous, which is a plus :) The price is slightly insane, but I can't really complain about that because I got it at the Victoria's Secret sale for $26. How, you ask? Well, VS had all their KA makeup on sale for 50% off, and I got the last box of loose powder - but it didn't have a price sticker on it. So when I got up to the counter, the salesgirl asked me if I knew how much it was - I didn't, but I told her that the pressed powders were all marked $52, if that helped. So she just scanned the powder as 50% off $52. Probably the best makeup deal of my LIFE! :) :) :) But anyway, it's a great powder, but since this is my first time using loose powder, I can't comment on whether it is worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2006 6:07:00 PM More reviews by cherokejlp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder gives a lovely soft finish even on my 48 year old skin. It is very beautifully packaged for big bucks but the product is great. I actually use this with a powder brush even though it comes with a sponge. I recommend this product and will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2005 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

I have this loose powder in Diaphonous, which is a very pale, nearly white transparent loose powder. I am a cool toned PPP, this works great for me. Gives a lovely soft matte finish. Comparable to Cle de peau, but costs less.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2005 5:21:00 AM More reviews by msjene

At $62, I had high expectations for this loose powder.

Essential to "set" your look, this superfine powder acts as an invisible shield. Can be used in combination with any of our foundation products. Kevyn's secret to achieving a long lasting fresh look is applying this exclusive formula with our unique cellulous sponge applicator. No puff intended!

Ok. It is a beautiful container, something I'll be keeping outside on my vanity.

The product itself is a medium warm yellow tone that would probably look very dark on lighter skins, so the Diaphonous would be a better choice. I have light-medium skin and it blended into my skin. Amazing. The texture is lovely. At $62 it better be fabulous.

I threw the sponge away. Because of its super fine texture, you have to pay attention that you don't apply too much...although it never looked heavy or cakey, no matter what I did. I used a oval sponge with great success.

Not for those who are timid about price. But for those who are truly junkies or into quality at any price, this is a nice option. Its still cheaper than Cle de Peau!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No