November 28, 2014 | 1710 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I read rly good reviews about this powder and Youtube beauty gurus raving about this product and how it was being discontinued. So I took the plunge and purchased this powder and hoped for the best. I was very skeptical I tried several face powders from MAC and disliked them all. But when I tried this it literally changed my life. My skin is very very oily and this powder keeps my face matte all day and like others said your face looks absolutely flawless and perfect. My makeup stays put and looks so beautiful. My new holy grail face powder!!! Highly recommend! Get your hands on this powder its absolutely amazing! The only con is I didn't try this sooner! Obsessed with this product. HOLY GRAIL POWDER!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by SunshinesMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This powder is NOT fragrance free as claimed. It contains the ingredient methyldihydrojasmonate, which is a fragrant extract of the jasmine flower. It has a noticeable fragrance. Regarding the shine/shimmer, it is very subtle. Mica used to be one of the first ingredients in this powder (mica is extremely shimmery), but Coty reformulated the powder and now mica is one of the last ingredients, so the shimmer in this powder is not as pronounced as it used to be.

Also, this powder is now housed in a clear plastic container with a dark orange plastic lid. There is a sifter on the inside of the container. Much improved packaging over the former version.

Pros: Good value, finely milled, soft and smooth, good for dry skin
Cons: Not fragrance free as claimed

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a colorless setting powder that I am completely satisfied with. God only knows how old it is because I hardly ever use it.( No judging please) I actually deplore the idea of too many face "products" so I typically only dig around for this if I feel my blush was accidentally applied too heavy handedly. Recently, my newer, "glowy" foundation ( ahem Chanel) has decided to give me the greasies midday, a new experience for me! A few pats of this just on my t-zone and problem solved. I am well pleased with this powder not interfering but actually enhancing the finish of my foundation and see no reason to upgrade to a $50+ powder at this time. Good enough for me, thank you very much! Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by shelbydoesbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great! You get a ton of product for a cheap price, it's very light and it works well with my pale complexion. It's great for setting foundation or giving a matte finish to my makeup. The packaging is a little unwieldy and I don't think it would be good for travel, but overall a good classic product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Buy again? It'll last a really long time so not sure that I'd need to, it's 2.3 oz
Fragrance free? Not quite but certainly not as fragranced as the others.
This is a bit light to even lightly dust over my fair/medium skin, maybe in the winter it'll be better.
What I've been using this for is to set my undereye concealer. It's surprisingly less drying (actually not dry looking at all) than anything else I've used. It's really brightening, REALLY brightening, non drying and sheer. I apply with a big, fluffy blending brush creating the upside down triangle first, then one sweep right under my eyes. Beats Laura Mercier Brightening powder, BeneFit powders, better than BeneFit EyeBright, YSL Touche Eclat, BM Well Rested and better than all of the HD powders I've used..I'm really happy I tried this under my eyes before getting rid of it! It's really inexpensive....considering you get 2.3 oz, it's practically free :)
Also...it does work well as a highlight on your cheekbone, I just started using it this way as well and it left me wondering why I have so many hightlighting products. This works great! If you find it's too light all over, this could be another option for you. It's really beautiful. Funny, I find it highlights and reflects light well on my cheekbones but I don't find it shimmery under my eyes? Just bright.
So, if you have this and didn't care for it, try it this way before you give up on it. I believe the drugstores that carry it have great return policies if you don't love it and I know my Walmart stocks it as well so it's pretty easy to find!.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by msog177

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm kind of in love... with this glorious powder. I have very acne-prone skin so I stay away from fragrances as much as possible. So when I heard about this powder being available in fragrance-free version, I immediately bought it. And I absolutely love it. My incredibly pale, acne-ridden skin is transformed into pore-less, nearly flawless complexion. This powder is terrific to set foundation and I also use it to blend everything in, once I'm done applying foundation, bronzer and blush. It gives an airbrushed look and has great staying power. The packaging is cute but not very functional. I just transferred the powder into another container and that solved that problem. Also, the amount of product you get in one container is amazing - there is a huge amount of powder and I have a feeling it will last me forever. LOVE it! 100% HG!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

THANK YOU MUA! I had used this powder as a teen and totally forgotten about it when i spotted a review and gave this old standby another try.
I bought the powder in Luminous, Naturally Neutral, and Translucent Extra Coverage. The new packaging is by far the better way to go as the cardboard box is bulky and doesn't hold up quite as well. I could only find the luminous version at Kmart and will have to find a container to transfer the powder to since I am not thrilled with the cardboard container and don't want to carry it in my purse (too big and bulky).
I apply this with a brush and not the included puff although i do like to keep the puff in the container to keep the powder from getting all over in the lid. This stuff is AMAZING! Goes on like a dream, feels so soft on your face and gives a glowing finish. Keeps oil at bay and stays on through 100+ temperatures here in Arizona. Unlike other powders it does not dry out my skin or settle into lines making me look older.
Honestly this stuff is a miracle! I am thinking about stocking up since it is so hard to find. Does anyone know what the shelf life of this product is?

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by heidishiu

Wow, this stuff is amazing! I saw this in Kmart during a trip in Idaho, I always love anything "vintage" and old world style so i cannot resist getting one. It is dirt cheap for $7 you got such big box of powder. It is so silky and soft, i use a blush to put it on over my liquid foundation, it gives such natural, flawless effect. It has a very subtle shimmer which make your skin looks healthy and dewy but not a disco ball. Most face powder I used before always it a bit too matte and cakey but this one is simply perfect (not too matte, not making your face looks oily). It stay on for a long time even on my oily skin. I have been using it for a couple times doesn't break me out or anything, I will update if it does later ... sure hope not because i really like this powder.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Alexacelineazka84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff make me luminous.I am not agree its called loose powder,highlight powder exact correct.
I buy coty luminous fragrance free,simply i dont like over smell in coty regular.I hear coty odour very2 over.
I read many review here coty luminous not over shimmer.
So i think word luminous only brightenes and making fresh look.
overall quite good

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 10:29:00 AM More reviews by blkbeauty84

I love this powder. I decided to buy this after seeing a review in youtube. But I got the fragrance free one since I heard that a lot of people dont like the scent in it. I am alllergic to scents anyways so decided to go with the fragrance free one. They only hv the luminous one in fragrance free...i think. I am dark skinned and Indian. This looks beautiful on my skin. When I use mac studiofix plus pwdr it makes my face so greasy after a while. But this one kept my face matte all day. But I have to be careful not to apply too much. I love this so much that I reapply it in the middle of the day...i never reapply or retouch my makeup because i Hate the feeling of makeup on my face. But this feels like nothing. Its best to apply it with a big fluffy brush. I threw away the fluffy sponge it came with. There is a ton of powder in it. They changed the packaging from that acient box to the ones like the covergirl loose powder tins. still there is so much powder packed in there that it will not come off to the lid if u tap on it. u hv to poke ur brush on the tiny holes to get some on it. I think it will be easier to get it out as the powder is used up and there is more free space. I would definitely recommend this for anyone looking for a luminous powder....its cheap and worth more than its price. got mine at my local kmart..hv seen it there before but always ignored it as it is in a separate area from the other makeup brands.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No