November 22, 2014 | 2040 users online

Loose Powders - Mary Kay - MK Signature Loose Powder

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The MK associate "talked" me into this purchase along with the full coverage foundation. I applied the Ivory 104 foundation and the Beige 1 loose powder, and I wore this combo for about three weeks. My DH said it looked like I had a dark mask on my face. If the MK girl had matched my powder better, I would have given it a better rating. She let me let me exchange the product, so I got a cleanser instead. I do not think I will ever buy any MK foundations or powders again...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

Great powder for setting your makeup. I has never settled into or clogged my pores.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Ssephora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure how much you can get this for. I got it at a yardsale for $.25. It comes with so much, that it's going to take forever to run out. I got it in Golden Bronze. It's too dark to use as an all over face finishing powder for after the foundation, so i use it as a bronzer. It's sort of a strange color. It gives just a touch of bronze. Barely anything though. It's very natural. But like I said, the color is a little strange. It has like an off color or something to it. But it's not horrible. I wish I could give this a 3.5 lippie. It's not the best. But again, it's not horrible. I only paid 25 cents for it, so i'm not going to complain too much and i'm not sad about it not being that great, since i didn't pay anything for it. I use it from time to time.

This is a product you could pass on or if you really wanted to try it then get it. Its a get or pass kind of thing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by HIYELLOW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My sister gave me this powder in beige because she was clearing out her stock. I usually use Fashion Fair and Mac NC35 or medium dark blot powder, so I ignored this for a few weeks until I ran out of blot powder. What a fabulous surprise. This powder is light, smooth, and minimizes the appearance of my pores. The Beige color is great for my light Afr. Amer. skin. The reviewer who said it had yellow, really helped me because yellow is good for me. Many powders including Clinique leave an orange tint on my skin and many other women who just don't realize it. This powder is a great color for yellow toned women. I still use blot powder during the day and Clinque Stay Honey Matte to make me look darker and tanned, but I start out in the morning with just this powder; no foundation. My skin looks soft, smooth, and even. I buy this on Ebay at a discount as well. It's worth it. I

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by mz654

I've used this on and off for years and find that it does a decent job of finishing your foundation, but I'm still looking for something better. Now that I know my color I just get it on eBay, because otherwise I think it's expensive for what you get. If you get a good deal on it, it's worth a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2006 12:54:00 PM More reviews by gingerc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder does a good job of setting makeup. But the colors are very strange. I can not find a color that matches my skin, even though it should match the Mary Kay foundation I am using. It looks fine on my skin, but I know that it does not match. I'm still searching for my HG loose powder.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2006 3:28:00 PM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A good powder to set foundation but not HG. I prefer MAC's loose blot since it has more oil control.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2005 7:03:00 PM More reviews by hawleybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another great Mary Kay product that I've used for years. It doesn't cake up on my skin and it controls oil better than drugstore brands. This is a great finishing touch after you apply your foundation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2005 6:09:00 PM More reviews by JeLoveDior

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This powder looks scary in the container.I swapped for it. When I first saw it, it was yellow.... it was super wicked. So I gave it a try w/ a powder brush. It worked well, b/c it's yellow, it turned down some redness in my skin. The texture is great. But I just won't buy it again, I am sure that there are LOTS of l/p out there that would work better than this.******UPDATE: I found that this powder breaks me out, therefore, will not repuarchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2004 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Kayla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I tried the original formula in Ivory a few years ago and was let down by the too- dark color.When this newer version came out with a new Light Ivory shade, I had hoped for a better result, but Light Ivory is still a little too dark and definitely too yellow on my PPP skin. It's a pretty good powder otherwise, but if the color doesn't work then the quality really doesn't matter!