October 24, 2014 | 1634 users online

Powders - Merle Norman - Oil-Control Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 11:08:00 AM More reviews by jena10607

ok this review is on the pressed powder. I didn't see that option on the drop down box.
This stuff is terrific! It does what it says, it controls oil. I've been using Merle Normans' shine control lotion, with the luxiva lasting foundation, the cover up concealer and to keep it all in place I use the pressed powder and I don't need to touch up by lunch time like I normally do. Since its summertime I don't know how this will work for the winter but this is going to be my summer makeup kit. I hate being oily and when I would use my mac pressed powder it would make my face look cakey when all I want is to take away the shine. I've been using these products for a week and so far no breakouts. I don't know why I didn't try Merle Normans' products before.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 1:54:00 PM More reviews by AlwysNSrch

This powder is a must! This is the only powder that keeps my oily skin under control. I have had the same container for approximately 4 yrs. A little goes a long way. The container itself is huge. A great product and a great buy -- what a rare combination!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2005 10:05:00 AM More reviews by lawgirl5

Bought this at the advice of another MUAer. Great powder for us super oily ladies!!! I also bought this with Merle Norman's Aqua Base foundation but not so sure I really like that--might just be the shade. I bought this poweder in translucent and it works great at keeping the oil at bay. Even better than my Ben Nye which I was using before. Might just have to pour the Ben Nye into another container and put this in its shaker. The loose poweder tub is too huge to carry around.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2005 4:36:00 PM More reviews by AG23

I love this powder so much I carry the tub around in my purse! My face is extremely oily and acne prone as well. I have tried Sally Hansen's Cornsilk powder and was very dissappointed with that. It didn't control oil and was so light that it made my face look ghostly. I was so pleased to find this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2005 2:55:00 PM More reviews by divafx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I highly recommend this to anyone with oily skin. I'm a huge fan of Estee lauders double matte but double matte only seems to control oil well on combo skin, this powder can tackle even the oiliest of skins. It doesn't cake up as the day wears on and it sets your makeup like nobody's business. I've used light and translucent and I love both. I love using the light when my ultra fair complexion needs a little color and the translucent for every day setting. I expected the color light to change color when my face got oily but surprisingly it didn't and it prevented my blush and foundation from turning oily orange. I will say that I don't recommend this around the eye area unless you are really oily there cuz this really sucks up oil. It's great for oily eyelids but if i put it under my eyes it feels a little dry. This is a great setting powder for being on stage or under hot lights. It gives a matte appearance without being flat. It's almost a satin matte. Very pretty!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2004 10:45:00 PM More reviews by sherryba

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very oily skin and need a heavy duty oil control powder. Well, this fits the bill! It looks so pretty on and it really gives me a matte complexion. I bought both the medium and the dark and the medium goes on like a dream...the dark/deep was not so smooth so i won't buy that again, but will definitely get the lighter colors. This is a fabulous powder! Just beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2003 3:10:00 PM More reviews by abbicat71

I agree with Pheebie; it is definitely the BEST loose powder if you have oily skin. My skin is more on the combo side so this powder really smoothes out my foundation and makes the oily areas very matte. I have it in translucent as well which is basically 0 color. The powder is very fine and silky. I use it with their Aqua Base ( an awesome foundation for us oily/combo girls) & I couldn't be happier with the results. A definite repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2001 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have extremely oily skin. I have tried virtually every "oil-controlling" powder ever made. This is the only one I have found that comes close to living up to its claims. I can't remember exactly how much it costs because the container I have now I purchased about 10 months ago, maybe longer. I think it's about $20. It lasts forever. I use the translucent one, though I believe it comes in a variety of shades. I'm not crazy about most of Merle Norman's products because so many seem out-dated. However, this is truly a treasure and I've repurchased it at least twice. It's definietly a product I cannot be without.