September 30, 2014 | 1163 users online

Loose Powders - Sonia Kashuk - Barely There Loose Powder in Naked

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by vodt512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The price for this product is very reasonable. The quality is somewhat similar to the high end loose powder that you normally would get at a department store. The texture is very light and well-defined. I would recommend applying a thin layer of this powder over foundation of your choice. They work great together!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 3:18:00 AM More reviews by ABCs

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Finely milled, doesn't oxidize,great for setting makeup and concealers. As other reviewers have mentioned, the package size has been reduced while the price remains the same. Also the older, larger packages were made in Italy ( I'll buy almost anything if it says " Made in Italy" ) and the new packaging is made in the USA. I recently bought some Carmindy for Sally Hansen loose powder and the two are fairly close. I think that I like the SK brand better though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The good: super-finely milled, won't make your skin look dry and mask-like, won't alter the color of your shadow and blush, practically colorless and perfect for fair skin, has caused no breakouts, and lasts for hours on the skin.

The bad: I used this product in the original packaging years ago, and it took me *forever* to finish that container. Now the packaging cookie-sized thing that holds hardly any powder. On the other hand, this size fits much better in a makeup bag. Then again, the price is unreasonably high for the amount of product you get (even if the packaging is lovely). But! The lid does serve as a mirror, which is useful, and the tiny holes in the sifter don't permit tons of product to escape and get wasted on a powder brush.

So, the quality of the actual product is great, and I'd recommend it to anyone. The packaging and price can be a hit or a miss. Overall Rating of 4 because of the small size, but I have no complaints about the powder itself.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by liner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to use this stuff religiously years ago until my boyfriend convinced me to switch because the stuff made me cough like crazy after I applied it. I guess it's so finely milled that it just irritates the heck out of my lungs. I don't have asthma or allergies. Last week I decided to give it another try because I've been having lousy luck with loose powders lately. I was hoping the formula had changed or I wouldn't have the same reaction. But no such luck. I had a ten minute coughing fit after applying it two days ago. Back to Target it goes! It's a shame because the finish is absolutely beautiful. It might not control shine on hot days or hold up if you ride your bike to work, but the look is flawless otherwise. It is pretty expensive, however, when you consider the size of the container. And what's with the secret ingredients? Somebody else pointed that out. Why don't Sonia Kashuk products reveal ingredients? I thought FDA regulations mandated that cosmetic companies print the ingredients or provide ingredient listing pamphlets like Rimmel does (or used to do?). I'm considering trying NARS loose powder. You are so lucky if you can use this powder! I wish I could!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by totoro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder is exceptional in its finely milled, airy texture and smooth finish. It's so finely milled that when I open the jar a tiny stream of powder gets released and just floats in the air. It's that light!
Though it contains talc, which is the only reason I did not rate it a '5', the powder is non-drying, at least for me. It doesn't settle in to fine lines and/or pores, but rather floats on the surface of the skin, which provides a beautiful glowy (though not sparkly) finish. Upon close examination, a reflective surface, (rather than a completely matt one) can be seen. However, this isn't apparent to me when wearing the powder. It just gives a smooth appearance. For my very pale complexion, the color "Naked" is just perfect, a relief since almost every powder available is too dark for me.
I also love the container because it is small and easy to carry in your purse, though I do agree that the price is deceptively high because the container is so small. So while I naturally prefer to use products that don't contain talc, this is the only loose powder that has completely fit the bill, including color and texture. It really does wear beautifully.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by darkling

I've been using this product for years and although it was disappointing to see the price go up as the packaging shrunk, it's still not an outrageous price for a good product. Compare to most loose powders that tend to average around $30, and this Sonia powder is still a value. It's virtually undetectable on my skin and lasts all day. A classic!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2008 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Dixie7

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just bought the Barely There colorless 03 powder shade. Has anyone noticed that No ingredients are ever listed on Sonia Kashuk products? I was hoping to find them listed somewhere online..but not to be found anywhere! I want to know if there is talc, parabens are the usual other cheap junk in this powder. I am returning my purchase to Target unopened, and will not buy another Sonia Kashuk product until they list their unknown, secretive ingredients! Buyer Beware..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2008 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Bren1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yes this is expensive for the amount you recieve, however very little is needed. This is NOT for coverage, just to set make-up. It does not settle into any lines and is not cakey. As a matter of fact it's texture is close to perfect as it gets. The packaging is ridiculously small. I empty this into a container from Mabelline's Shine Free. I apply with a large kabuki brush and I need a sizable lid to swirl the powder into the brush.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2008 3:49:00 AM More reviews by SugarNikita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A little about me: Extremely fair, neutral coloring with pink and yellow undertones. Very dry, sensitive skin, that tends to overproduce oil. Sensitive, with possible mild rosacea on cheeks and chin. Almost everything oxidizes on me, and is too dark, orange, yellow, or pink. MAC NC15 is too dark and yellow, even Prescriptives custom blend does not match. Closet match I've found so far is Stila Natural Finish Oil-Free Makeup in Shade A, which is still too yellow. Cover Girl makes a concealer called CG Smoothers in Neutralizer which is almost a perfect match.

I love this powder. I have it in Naked. It is truly translucent on my skin. I used to have a problem where I would use a powder on top of my foundation and it would actually change the color of my makeup, but this does not do this. It controls oil well without looking too cakey, and does not change the color of my makeup. It has never broken me out that I know of. And even though it's a bit pricey for a drugstore brand, it does last a long time. I'm still on the same container I bought about a year ago. Granted, I don't wear makeup a lot, so it lasts even longer for me. But since you don't need to use a lot of product to make it work, I think it's worth the price. If you're very fair, dry, and neutral in color, try this.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2007 8:51:00 PM More reviews by historydiva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this powder. Why won't I buy it again? It is a total rip-off! I had been using it for YEARS, and they kept downsizing the packaging to the point that it was ridiculous to pay that much money for such a tiny bit of powder.

Awesome color, wonderful consistency, beautiful coverage, but it is highway robbery.