April 17, 2014 | 1905 users online

Powders - Jane Iredale - Pure Matte Finishing Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by Ls252

I LOVE the packaging, but honestly this isn't anything special as a product. I do like the way it sits on my skin and it keeps me matte all day, but I feel like the Revlon nearly naked powder is very similar, but with no SPF. I do like this one a little better, but for the money I would rather spend 10 bucks and get the Revlon than 50 to get this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Sheoak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great pressed powder, I adore it, it has a very neutral tone, ever so slightly pink, and looks great over foundation or tinted moisturiser. My preferred application is with the Jane Iredale "Handi" brush, swirl and tap and then brush lightly over the t-zone. The texture is very fine and almost translucent, and mattifies well, it lasts me about five hours before retouching.

The gold refillable case with mirror is absolutely lovely, and perfect for carrying in your handbag. Rather expensive, but for a pressed powder it ticks all the boxes and looks great on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Philipmom02

I'm on my second cake of this so I figured I would review it. I'm starting to love this more than her pressed base foundation! I find it very similar to Clinique Almost Powder in the airbrushed finish but with more natural ingredients. I use it to top my Dream Tint TM or lately I've been wearing it alone with some light blush, concealer and moonglow bronzer and have been loving the light and polished look it gives my face without being overdone. Its definitely worth trying if you are hesitant on spending the money on the pressed foundation. If its not enough coverage you can still use it as a finishing powder since it absorbs the shine well and lasts all day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Tenggai

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the most sensitive skin you can imagine. I have tried high end and low end make up (and skin care) products and nothing worked for me until I came across Jane Iredale. I first tried the amazing base in warm silk and it perfectly matched my skin color. It did not break me out unlike most products in the department stores but initially my skin turned a bit red/pinkish after putting this on but it eventually stopped happening after a few weeks. At the end of the day though my skin gets oily so I was on the hunt for the perfect mattifying product and naturally turned to Jane Iredale. After reading mostly good reviews on the Pure Matte I decided to try it....and OMG! The best product ever! It reduces the size of my pores and I only need to apply 2x a day- once in the morning under the amazing base and a touch up in the afternoon and my face is shine free. It does not break me out at all! I have read that some find it expensive but I believe it is money well spent. If this kind of make-up amplifies your beauty AND takes care of your skin then price is not an object.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by jcont1234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

A great mineral powder if you don't have overly oily skin. I have combination skin and it's great for areas aside from my T-zone. Note that if you're even slightly oily, you'll likely have to reapply. That said, Jane Iredale has great mineral products that don't harm your skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by foe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good powder. It was truly translucent, didn't clog my pores or break me out and helped keep the shine down. When my skin was behaving particularly well, I would wear this on its own without foundation and even got compliments on my skin. I also really love when makeup lines offer refillable compacts - though the gold finish scratched pretty quickly and is now rather unattractive to look out (though still totally functional). But I hesitate in giving this powder anything above 3 stars because, while it's good, it's not $30 good. There are decent foundations that cost $30, so why charge so much for a powder? I've also used Black Opal finishing powder and it got the job done too for less than half the price. Finally, I hate that this isn't readily available in retail outlets; so far the only place I've seen to buy it is the Jane Iredale website...where products never seem to go on sale :(

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by nguyen8733

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I get very oily on my t-zone and this product did not work out for me. It does not make my pores look smaller either. It does give a matte finish when you first apply it but gets oily very quickly afterwards. One big plus is that it doesn't contain any harsh chemicals.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by dancer156

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is definitely one of the best natural powders I have tried. It really does control oil VERY well, and even works beautifully on the eyelids to keep my eyeshadows from creasing! The color is neutral and suits my fair, yellow toned skin well (although if I apply too much it can darken my skin a bit). The case (I like the gold one) is very elegant and well-made, but also quite heavy. It comes with a very thin puff that really doesn't work well for application. I like to use a flat top powder brush (Jane Iredale's Handi Brush is great, but very pricey) for application instead. I carry this in my purse and have had no problem with the powder cracking or the case breaking. This product is expensive, but in my opinion totally worth it because of the performance! :)
UPDATE 11/17/12: I am continuing to LOVE this powder-- have tried many other natural ones and this continues to out-perform. JI now has powder re-fills so you don't have to keep buying the powder with the compact. I just buy the re-fills and keep re-filling the pretty gold compact! I buy her products from DermStore (free shipping & returns)! :)
Price: Re-fill Powder: $30, Gold re-fillable compact: $12

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by missmarsh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product, despite it being so pricey. What can you do...it's good for your skin. It does a good job blotting oiliness and is extremely light on the skin and very translucent.

I love Jane Iredale and how it allows me to wear make-up that is good for my skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by louy

I got a sample of this powder from my makeup artist who did my wedding makeup. After using this for several days I must say I love it. It's light, never cakes and mattifies very well. It also does not make the face look to dry like others I have tried. It says this is a finishing powder, but I use it to reduce shine after I apply moisturizer or sunscreen.