September 19, 2014 | 1824 users online

Loose Powders - Australis - Ready Set Go Finishing Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2014 2:25:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a decent loose finishing powder, which I was using for quite a while. However, it is pretty much just silica and that is fine but I realised it flashed back in photos and made me look really pale and whitish. I also found it slightly drying. I have since started using the face of Australia translucent powder and I find it is smoother and dries out my skin less. It also doesn't have the flashy effect this one has. I don't think this is a bad powder as it is affordable and fine milled but if you want to look flawless in photos perhaps look for an alternative?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by ambodidi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a setting powder for some time-I've tried only a few. This one is cheap-it's under AU$10 on sale. It's pure silica, has no shimmer and doesn't settle into my still fine lines under the eyes like the Clinique powders did. It works really well to set foundation and concealer and take away shine. I use it with a Real Techniques powder brush, and I only need a thin dusting of it. I have re-purchased 3 time now, and my mother in her 60s likes it too. I only wish it came in a bigger jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by terralynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The Australis Ready Set Go Finishing Powder in 'True Translucent' is a very fine, light translucent setting powder, and is absolutely perfect for everyday wear.
A featherweight dusting is all you need to set your foundation. It camouflages pores and blackheads wonderfully without caking, and gives your skin a gorgeous, silky smooth appearance on-par with high-end brands.
This product is perfect for people who're on a budget, but not willing to give up such a vital part of their makeup routine.
The only downside is the packaging.
The powder comes in a small plastic container- for those of us with sensory issues with sound, this is problematic because the lid makes a very loud squeaking noise when it's being unscrewed. I often cringe whenever I need to access this product because I absolutely can't stand the sound of the packaging.

The product itself, however, is well-worth it in the end.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Susie0205

This is so cheap! But do a nice job! Can setting my foundation beautifully matte, it can be used long time, sometimes I use this to clean my eyeshadow brush(which I use on powder eyeshadow. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 7:29:00 AM More reviews by erica5574

I love this product!!
I bought it about a 8-10 months ago and I still have it!! it last so long and sets my powder all day, it also doesn't let any oil or shine come up and it feels really soft and looks really smooth on the skin. I got the at k-mart in Australia and it was about $12 dollars which is an ok price but it is definitely worth the money!!
The problem I had with this was when I went out at night and uses flash when taking photos, I looked like a ghost ha-ha
so try not to use this at night or when I take flash photos.
overall I would buy this again

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by bec96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Used to use this product and still have most of it left. It did the job of setting my foundation but made me look so white, especially in photos!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by mjolkchoklad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product! Makes my skin look and feel velvety smooth after I apply it over my foundation, bronzer, highlighter and blush. I needed to reapply it every 5-6 hours but I haven't found a finishing powder that lasts longer than that anyway. The only downside is the awkward packaging (screw on cap so I have to listen to scrapey chalk sounds every time I open and close the container).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Starkers27

I love this product! First time i have tried a translucent powder and i love it, awesome to finish a look and makes all the imperfections blue out to nothing

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 4:08:00 AM More reviews by missmacmoo

Great product - gives your skin a matte finish. However after a while my foundation can transfer onto things that touch it...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by IrynaHarpy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm genuinely surprised with this. Australis products are usually 'try hard, but don't quite get it right' for me. Well, I guess it's a cheapie brand and the products (colours, glitters and glitzes, etc.) are targeted at the youth market.

Nevertheless, last summer I was desperate to find a translucent setting powder that would control my oilies around the T-zone (I mean a genuinely translucent powder, not one of the coloured 'translucent' powder which are hit and miss for skin tones, especially when you have pale skin and have developed the sallow tones of an ageing complexion).

I can go through 5 sheets of blotting paper just to de-slick the sides of my nose, chin and just above the eyebrow line on my forehead just to get things de-gooped enough to apply a dusting of powder without it adhering to the grease. Blech! For summer, this is an all-over my face over my CC or BB cream setting powder. It seriously helps stop the oilies for a few hours. For winter, it's just for the oily areas as it's too drying and shows up every crepey line on my cheeks and around my mouth: that's where my lovely ELF translucent powder comes into the picture. Meh, so I have to use two brushes so as not to mix 'em. I can live with cleaning two brushes.

Do go carefully with applying it. You really only need a tiny amount, well tapped off your brush (my winter brush for this product is a mini kabuki brush to ensure I only powder the areas I need to). You will end up with a white tinge to your face if you overdo it, so make certain your primer, foundation or CC is properly set before you start dusting it on. Matte, but not flat (or with a frosty finish).

Yay! No more seriously toxic Ben Nye for me! Cheers, Australis, for getting this right! Now, could you please make a pressed version for touch-ups during the day?

P.S. I've only given it 4 lippies because I want perfection in a powder... but I doubt that I'll ever find one that stops the oilies AND doesn't dry out my skin in the winter.

P.S.