Amazing setting powder. This is a true translucent powder and will add no coverage so don't expect it to. It will however mat gift your makeup and set it to last for pretty much all day. I love it to set my concealer under my eyes and maturity my t zone.
This is my first setting powder, really nice stays on for the whole day and not much is needed to do the job. The packaging is a little average but for the price it outweighs expectation. The white color is slightly transferable but not enough to put me off. Would definitely buy this again but still looking to advance to the Ben nye translucent powder
Awesome! Packaging is a bit messy but what do you expect for $10? It very finely milled, and applies very smoothly. It feels just wonderful on. It hold my makeup all day. I apply with a kabuki brush, but I personally need a lot of powder for my oily skin. A drier person may be able to do with a sponge. It gives a lovely glow to my face.
I'm usually not a fan of Australis products but oh gosh, I love this powder. It sets my makeup in place at uni for 6 hours, I touch up and then go to work and it keeps it in place all night as well! Big shame about the packaging, it makes a mess, but you can fix that by keeping a powder puff in there. I recommend pressing this into your foundation, either with a fluffy brush or a powder puff. A little goes a long way so be careful! Oh and I don't recommend this if you're going to be exposed to flash photography.
will definitely repurchase this, got it for $10 at Priceline. although next time I won't poke all of the holes as when I take it out with me so much comes out and I don't use puff's to cover it. no white ashy finish, leaves the tiniest amount of luminosity to the skin which I like, smooth and velvety skin from the silica. only thing is don't wear it at night if you're going to have your photo taken with flash!
- Makes your skin feel so soft and velvety
- Portable packaging. For those who have complaints about the messy nature of the powder, I suggest putting a powder puff on the top of the holes to prevent the powder from going everywhere.
- Mattifies the face
- Prolongs the wear of my foundation
- For me, I can only use this powder for the daytime since it causes the dreaded white cast ie. flashback in flash photography as a result of the predominant constituent in this HD powder being silica. I found that even though I did my best to blend and not over-apply, my face was always uncomfortably slightly whiter than my neck.
- Very average lasting time of around 3-4 hours.
- It's very easy to over-apply the powder since it's hard to get the powder out through the holes.
- As a student, I think it's a bit pricey ($12.95) for only 7.5g of product and there are better alternatives out there such as Essence's 8g 'all about matt' powder ($5.35) or my favourite translucent loose powder by Face of Australia which has a whopping 50g ($11.95). Silica is a very cheap substance, so Australis is really just selling it to consumers for a very inflated price.
I will not repurchase this product.
This is the best finishing powder I've ever used! I was a little bit scared at first becaus it was white, but I was looking for a trancslucent powd that was actually fully trancslucent. This doesn't add any white or any colour to your face, it just sets your foundation really nicely and give it a nice smooth texture. Becaus sits made up of silica, it has a super smooth feeling. Silica is used in high en finishing powders, so if your looking for a cheap alternative try this. I picked it up for $12 at Priceline :)
Another Australis product that keeps me matte and doesn't break me out. I've been using it for a week and I haven't had nothing. It last all day and I am not oily at the end of the day. I have combo to oily skin and it doesn't catch onto my dry skin or breakouts. It's amazing :)
One of the best finishing powders I have ever used. I initially started off using the revlon photoready translucent powder but it was grey and cakey on my skin. Then I found this product and fell in love with it. Didn't need to touch up all day while I was at uni (10am-6pm). Absolutely gonna buy again.
favourite powder EVER and i've tried alot. Does not break me out at all, minimizes my pores and gives the skin a soft airbrushed smooth look, but does not add coverage ( which i like ) because that makes it impossible for it to look cakey, which i love cause i always had a problem with other powders looking cakey. It is translucent which i also LOVE because i am very fair and 95% of powders in the past have been too orangey and the wrong shade, so being transparent you cant go wrong. It sets the foundation lovely. My nose does get abit oily through the day with it but i do have oily skin. I live in NZ and this powder is $20 which is reasonable here so i think its a fair price, love it