November 24, 2014 | 1901 users online

Loose Powders - Coty - Airspun Loose Face Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by PattyTheK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder has been a staple in my make up arsenal since the 90's. My only gripe is that it's not portable to keep in my purse (so, MAC Studio Fix Powder/Beauticontrol BC Color Perfecting Wet/Dry Finish travel with me).

This stuff lasts forever. My last purchase lasted 4 years, and I just recently bought it in the "new to me" plastic container. Also with my last purchase, it came with a free applicator brush instead of the standard poof it comes with - I accidently threw it out when throwing out the empty powder - I could KICK MYSELF. It was awesome.

It's getting harder & harder to find in stores. I remember being able to walk into my local store and having a variety of shades offered. There used to be an Ivory, an Ivory Rose? (a pale porcelain with pink undertones - which I used and loved!!!!) and one called Naturelle, I think ... and a sparkly, luminous glowy one. I've also been able to find the unscented versions off and on over the years. The last 10 years or so, I've stuck with Transulcent. Now I am only able to find Transculent at one local store.

I quite enjoy the ritual of applying, though it can be time consuming when you're in a rush because you don't want to make a mess!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

NATURALLY NEUTRAL
I use this daily to set my foundation (Goss style: powder first, then foundation) and have had fantastic results. The texture is amazingly smooth and finely milled. The package has never cracked or fallen open on me. A decent amount of powder is released by upturning the product and the lid is so spacious that I can use just about any brush to pick up with. This is an amazing product for a shockingly affordable price.

Pros:
* smooth
* easy to pick up and apply
* package is wide enough to allow easy brush access
* simple product dispensing
* amazing price
* lasts forever

Cons:
* can get powdery if you don't buff excess away

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes! Im sold its a great powder on my bobbi brown 4.5 foundation my skin looks nice i brought this in translucent extra coverage and so far it looks natural ill see how it looks in photos in the sun otherwise its just as good as my ben nye banana powder which i love also.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by annalynne

I really wanted to like this, but I will be returning because of two reasons. Translucent is not translucent at all. It's pink-toned and i'm very picky with foundations/powders that add the slightest pink to my makeup. And also, i just couldn't get past the smell. If you don't mind the color or the smell, i'd definitely recommend this powder. It's very finely milled and inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by beverlywho

The hype for this product is so warranted. It is absolutely my favorite face powder. I put it on with the puff and use a powder brush to sweep off any excess. It looks natural and matte and doesn't enlarge pores or look streaky like so many other powders can. My foundation looks flawless all day, I can go at least 8 hours without having to touch up. The scent is very strong and "old lady-like" is indeed an appropriate descriptor, but I honestly don't mind it. Bottom line, this product is super affordable and to me, a must have!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am oily/combo and always need to set whatever foundation I am wearing with a powder. Coty is one of the better powders I've used. First of all, you get a massive amount of product for only like $6 or $7. Second, it's very finely milled and doesn't give you that very cakey, powdery look that many powders give, no matter how much you put on. I just buff it around my whole face with a RT powder brush and I am good to go. Sure, my nose does get a little shiny throughout the day but it does that even when I'm not wearing makeup but it's not an oil slick, and the rest of my face stays matte. This powder works well with any foundation I use.

Yes, the powder does have a very perfumey smell but I don't mind it. It wears off quite quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by nnutcase

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best setting powder in the world. I get it in translucent, but accidentally bought the other lightest shade, and it was cakier. There is zero color, but it turns my face to perfection over foundation. There is no better setting powder for concealer (tried that one Bobby Brown concealer with its own powder. Gross), no better mattifying powder (everything else I have ever tried cakes. This doesn't). It's so absurdly cheap that I have two more, so they will all last me for another 8 years or so. There is nothing better out there. Nothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 4:06:00 AM More reviews by MysteriousMagicalMUAer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use the shade ''naturally neutral.'' I have NW10-15ish skin & the coloring of this powder is perfect for me. It's the perfect powder for my oily skin, doesn't break me out, doesn't oxidize, & doesn't cake up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by XalisaheartsmakeupX

Love this stuff!! Been looking for a powder that actually covers but doesn't look cakey and this is the one! I have it in translucent extra coverage. I don't mind the smell at all and I can see why this powder has been around so long it's definitely my HG :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

I bought this powder in translucent extra at my local Walmart. I checked online first to see if they had it at this Walmart and it is of a limited supply, but it's only around $6. Can't beat the price! I only saw a pretty tiny shelf supply of these, but I hope they they continue selling this! I read that translucent works on all skin tones and using a good powder would make skin look smooth and even. When I opened the adorable packaging, there was a sticker that blocked the holes, so there is no need to punch the powder yourself. The smell is a bit too strong for my liking, but you need to put a little powder on at a time so that it's not overwhelming. It does come with an adorable puff for a smooth application as well. I really liked how it looked on my skin and it is an excellent product. I wish the cap were a screw-on type cap, but it's not. I'd be careful if you were to travel with it.