August 20, 2014 | 1385 users online

Loose Powders - Sally Hansen - Natural Beauty Inspired by Carmindy Truly Translucent Loose Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by emmyjayne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just threw mine out. I kept going back to it hoping it wasn't as bad as I thought. I finally stashed it for when I ran out of my regular powder. Well, I finally ran out and used this as a back up but finally threw it out. It is worse than no powder. The opposite of finally milled, heavily pigmented, gross.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Disnep

It is a really good powder that has a kind if moisture feeling but not too mush to create a mess. I just don't like the packaging because it gets disgusting after a while and break. Well, I change it into other container and still enjoy it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 7:45:00 AM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this powder! I have very oily skin and find that it does a great job of keeping my skin somewhat matte without caking or settling into any fine lines. I love the screw off cap as I can take it with me in my bag and not worry about it. I saw that this entire line is on clearance at Shoppers and am suspecting that it may be discontinued :(
** Edit - just got an email back from Coty the manufacturer confirming that this entire line is being discontinued, double :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 6:40:00 AM More reviews by LynneNeary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this, but not for a finishing powder. I found that dusted (I unscrew the cap) over my regular foundation and powder, it makes my skin look luminous. Some highlighters and/or luminizers leave me feeling like I look greasy or plastic. Not so with this one. And for that, I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by EmilyKH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The powder itself? So, so... I prefer the classic Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder. The applicator sponge everyone hates? MY BEST FRIEND! I adore that thing! This thing gives me a perfect, airbrushed look that I could never achieve with a brush. It really pounds the makeup onto my face and blends and blurs everything.

Before dismissing it, try the sponge! Use if a few times to break it in, as it was quite stiff the first few times I used it.

It's especially useful for hiding flakes. I have crazy oily skin, but my acne meds make it dry and flakey. Before I set my foundation, I look like a mess. Once I use the proper powder and this sponge, viola! Flakes and flaws begone! It even helps make my worst foundations look decent.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by maureenheather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Despite the ridiculously awful packaging of this loose powder, I absolutely love it and will buy it again. I was really curious about this line so I bought a couple of items (see my separate review of Your Skin liquid makeup) and this powder has way exceeded my expectations. To me, it's exactly what Bare Minerals wishes it was, but isn't. It is mica-based, not talc-based, and it goes on like silk. I also find it to be highly buildable, and I used it alone without primer or foundation this weekend for a natural, glowy look for spending the day outdoors. Similar to the liquid foundation from the same line, this powder achieves a luminous finish without appearing overly dewy or glittery. And unlike Bare Minerals (or Pure Minerals, or any of the drugstore mineral powders I've tried), it does not sink into my pores and lines making them look like craters and crevices.

Now, the hideous packaging. No silver lining to this one-- the packaging is so inconvenient it's laughable. The knob that sticks out of the lid just makes the container take up more space than necessary in my makeup bag, and the stupid spongey-poofy thing is a joke. It feels awful and it's useless, period. But, be warned-- if you pull it off, as I did, you need to stuff a bunch of cotton in there to keep all the powder from spilling out of the sifter and making your life a living mess every time you open the jar. So don't even bother removing it. Instead, leave the poofy thing intact and use a kabuki brush to apply and buff in the powder.

For reference, I'm an NW25 and I like the powder in Light, which does go on rather light compared to my skin tone but blends in immediately and masks the redness of my rosacea.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super oily skin that I control fairly well with oil controlling primer. But I still love a good setting powder. This powder was on clearance at CVS so I thought I'd give it a try. The poor score was for both packaging and the quality of the product. I'll start with the packaging. This powder comes in a cute little jar with a pearly green lid. The lid has a knob you use to twist the cap off and there's a puff attacked to the underside of the lid. I don't like attached puffs to begin with, but the quality of this puff is awful. It's so stiff and feels rough on the skin. No to mention how nasty and bacteria-filled it will get halfway through the powder. I think I will try to detach the puff. The sifter area is contoured rather than flat and makes it hard to get a powder brush in there. When I do get the brush in there, too much product gets on the brush creating a lot of waste. If this was a great product I'd have no problem just depotting the stuff. But the powder itself is pretty useless. It doesn't leave a nice soft finish once applied. I'm not even sure how to describe the finish, but I know I'm not happy with hit. t doesn't seem to last very long and I seem to get oily a bit more easily. At the end of the day it looks kinda blotchy no matter what foundation I use. I think I will pass this powder on to someone else or just toss it. I normally like to use things up, but this might not be worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

The only powder I ever use anymore. I used to hate powders, because they made me look too fake. This one, however, made my foundation look twice as natural! I don't leave the house without dusting this on with my MAC stippling brush.

Absolutely flawless. HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by ScarlettBlonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Review Sally Hansen Your Skin Foundation Inspired by Carmindy
I could not find this at my local CVS so I purchased it from drugstore.com (free shipping!). I have heard many good things about Carmindy's line and I wanted to try it for myself.

I bought the foundation color Ecru Beige and her Translucent Powder in Neutralizer (for redness). I'm an Irish girl with rosacea and redness from a previous skin cancer treatment. The Neutralizer powder is a fine milled loose yellow powder. I was thrilled when I saw it because I've been using Tarte's "At Ease" powder for redness and it is the same color/texture but much cheaper.

I was in a hurry today and forgot my Smashbox primer. >.< I put the foundation on with a sponge and it glided on well. Afterward, I put on my concealer and finished with the translucent Neutralizer powder. The result was practically flawless. Now, I have some acne scars, redness and I'm over 40 so my skin is far from "flawless" but it looked fantastic.

I went out to do errands in South Florida 95 degree heat & humidity. I wanted to see how it would stand up. Eight hours later, it still looks fantastic - a miracle in this tropical climate - and WITHOUT a primer! The powder really sets well.

This foundation and powder work great together and I think it might be my HG. I definitely recommend it. The foundation and powder work perfectly together so I'd recommend buying both. I purchased the foundation and powder for less than $25.

I'm very pleased with it and how it held up without a primer. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by m3c

I really like this powder. It stays put, controls shine, isn't cakey or flakey. The only thing I don't like much is the smell. Of course once it's on you don't smell it, nor does my husband when he kisses me, it's just when you open it and upon applying. It reminds me of something from when I was a little kid like Bonnie Bell or as someone else mentioned, "rose" scent. It's nothing that would stop me from re-purchasing though, I am also kind of repulsed by any perfume "rose" smell too, so something to keep in mind.