L'Oreal Paris Dermo Expertise Hydra-Renewal Continuous Moisture Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
L'Oreal Paris Dermo Expertise Hydra-Renewal Continuous Moisture Cream

Water, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Glyceryl Stearate, Urea, Glyceryl Linoleate, PEG-100 Stearate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Carbomer, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Glyceryl Linolenate, Glyceryl Oleate, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Phenylalanine, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Citrulline, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Linalool, Eugenol, Alpha-Isomethylionone, Limonene, Hydroxycitronellal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Fragrance

on 1/5/2011 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this is my favorite Moisturizer I have it in the sensitive version it really does keep your skin hydrated all day long simple as that and it dosent cause irritation.

on 5/14/2010 10:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

**EDIT: I think this stuff now really breaks my skin out. It was wonderful at first but now it's really clogging my skin up. Since it's summer I wanted to stay away from it b/c of the hot weather and how greasy it feels, but I had a really dry patch and I needed to use this stuff to moisturize. Within THAT same day I broke out in 5 red, painful, pus filled acne. I now have red dots all over my face. Ugh. I hope it doesn't take a month to go away like the other reviewer said.** :(

**Update 7/23/10: It's been about a month since that horrible break out. It is JUST starting to finally go away. I will never touch this stuff again.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**Original Review**
I have extremely sensitive skin to season changes, to the point of extreme dryness, flaking and peeling, especially under the eyes, and on my nose and chin.

My skin has been freaking out lately, I have no idea why. I was using Garnier Nutritioniste previously and no matter how many times I used it, it did absolutely nothing for dry skin.

I found this in Duane Reade and picked it up and I've used it for three days now, and after the first day, my dry skin is gone. I can't believe I've suffered for this long and this product was hiding right under my nose.

The cream is fantastic. It's not thin and watery, it has a nice, thick, rich texture. When I put it on, I can feel it doing the job it's supposed to do. Moisturize!

With my previous cream I would slather it on and my jar was gone after a couple of weeks, but with this stuff I notice a little goes a LONG way. I overdid it the first day since I was so used to just globbing my other lotion on to combat dry skin, and with this stuff I felt just a *tad* greasy from putting too much on.

The price is amazing... only $8 for the jar which will last a very long time. It goes very nicely under my make up and gives me a dewy smooth finish which my last cream didn't help me achieve. I love the smell, it's not overpowering, and I haven't had any burning or stinging with this product.

I think this face cream is my new HG. A++

on 4/9/2010 12:29:00 AM

So far so good. I have been using Clarins for years while trying other high end products, yet still had problems with dry skin and flakiness. Even with La Mer.. it would be too much or too dry, odd. Whenever I went to the beauty counter at Nordstrom, the Clarins lady would say... "You need to exfoliate and moisturize." I'm thinking... (I did exfoliate, wtf.. and I'm wearing Clarins moisturizer ughh). I'd then pick up a different product either from that counter or another line, e.g. Dior HydrAction Serum. It served me OK but my face would get flakey and skin dry and crusty at times.

Thought I'd give it a pass at a drugstore product since my situation was nearly hopeless. It had been a while since the last time I used a DS product, it sorta irritated my skin. I picked this L'Oreal Hydra-Renewal moisturizer up at Wal-Mart and really liked the $7 price tag and the description seemed to fit what I needed.

I think I hit the jackpot!! This goes on nice and smoothly, though it does look a little greasy/shiny... I wear foundation over it, so it doesn't matter. It didn't burn or break me out, which I was thrilled about since I have pretty sensitive skin. For example, Olay Sensitive Skin cream burns a little bit when I put it on. Even Bobbi Brown night cream. But this - this cream is not so thick but it seems to moisturize my face well. I can even wear makeup without having it flake on me, which is amazing. I do notice that the pores on my nose are a little clogged, but probably nothing my Clarisonic and face masks couldn't remedy.

I'll update if anything changes. I also purchased Neutrogena Intensified Day Moisture SPF 15 for sunscreen.

on 1/31/2010 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm extremely picky about face moisturizers. I've tried Shiseido the skincare day moisture protection and that expensive moisturizer doesn't compare to hydra-renewal. I use this religiously in the winter months because I live in the north-east and you ladies and gents know how nasty the weather can get. My trick to wearing this moisturizer is to put it on right after I cleanse my face, while it's still wet. You'll see white streaks especially if you're medium to dark skin tone but don't get discouraged. Work it in well and let it air dry. I wouldn't recommend this for the summer as it tends to get oily in the heat.
F.Y.I - I have very sensitive skin and haven't seen a pimple once.

on 12/25/2009 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Skin Type: Dry and sensitive

I've used this product for the past 5 yrs. This works great in cold months. Never had a break out or skin reaction. The company does need to work on the packaging (needs to be more earth friendly). The container is a bit on the heavy side.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Pretty much whack. I have super extra painfully dry skin. Anyway I reached 25 and after a few too many years of rock-star style partying i noticed some wrinkles in my forehead. So the search for a perfect anti aging moisturiser began. Anyway I picked up this product mostly cuz it was cheaper than others. first of all the 'cream' is super thin, like a watered down lotion. Its HEAVILY perfumed. The moisture was better than i thought it would be based on the consistency, but i wouldn't call it continuous. Mostly i disliked the harshness of it. it burned my skin for about 30 seconds upon application. no good. i would hesitate to but anything form l'oreal skincare again.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Before this, I was using the Dove facial lotion for sensitive skin. I liked it because it was light, thin, and non-fragrance. I would have to put it on after I shower and after I wake up. I wanted something that would put moisure IN my face so I wouldn't have to apply it so much though. The Dove one only moisturized my face while the lotion was still on.

I read most of the reviews about different facial lotions but didn't find anything to my liking or affordable. So, I went to Walmart and browsed all of their facial lotion and found this. L'oreal is supposed to be a good (drugstore) brand, and the "continuous" part was what I needed so I bought it. Honestly, I expected myself not to like it because I thought it would irritate my skin and make me break out in rashes since my skin is so sensitive but to my surprise, it didn't. I've used it for a week or maybe a little longer, and it's been working really well. The only time I have to put it on is after I shower unless my skin is really moody and gets extra dry out of nowhere. I don't mind the tub either because I think it's kinda cute. However, I can't stand the smell (hence the 4 lippies). I think it goes away after a little while? I wouldn't really know because I can't smell my face, but I can smell my fingers after I put it on =/. It still does its job though so I'm content. I'd buy again. continued >>

on 11/12/2004 5:56:00 PM

This seems to be a very light moisturizer for winter, for my combination skin. Very thin and milky, almost like a lotion, not really "creamy" like I expected.

Packaging could be better, and the bottle I got says "dry/sensitive skin".

on 5/29/2004 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Cool

I decided to try this after I couldn't find L'Oreal's hydrafresh anymore. Overall, this is a very decent basic moisturizer that feels pretty light. However, it doesn't do anything other than moisturize (I would want something a little bit more, like making my skin feel refreshed, even out my skintone ... etc). If something basic and cheap is what your looking for, this is probably good for you.

i've tried so many moisturizers in the past two years from the very expensive to the cheapest and i must say this is the best that i've ever used. i have very dry cheeks and a pretty oily t-zone. i'm also very prone to breaking out around my jawline but this product has not casued any breakouts for me. if anything it's even helped my acne. the drying agents i've used on my acne has left my skin flaky but this lotion has totally left that flaky area smooth and healthy looking. plus i always get this at wal-mart for $5.97, with is the least i've ever paid for a face lotion. =D