L'Oreal Paris Dermo Expertise Hydra-Renewal Continuous Moisture Cream

Filtered by age: 25-29
L'Oreal Paris Dermo Expertise Hydra-Renewal Continuous Moisture Cream

2.8

Water, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Glyceryl Stearate, Urea, Glyceryl Linoleate, PEG-100 Stearate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Carbomer, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Glyceryl Linolenate, Glyceryl Oleate, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Phenylalanine, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Citrulline, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Linalool, Eugenol, Alpha-Isomethylionone, Limonene, Hydroxycitronellal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Fragrance

on 3/25/2013 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good: this is great for really dry skin, this creme does what it sets out to do. Moisterize, moisterize. Can't beat the price.
Bad: (for me) made me break out REALLY bad. Those deep cystic zits that don't want to pop, yea those. I'm 32, PPP super dry skin, I wouldn't say I'm acne prone but I've had some acne, nothing serious.
I really wanted this cream to work for me because of the price. I was looking for a cheaper substitute for my beloved Este Lauder day wear plus for dry skin. Well I learned my lesson don't stay away from HGs!

on 5/14/2010 10:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

**EDIT: I think this stuff now really breaks my skin out. It was wonderful at first but now it's really clogging my skin up. Since it's summer I wanted to stay away from it b/c of the hot weather and how greasy it feels, but I had a really dry patch and I needed to use this stuff to moisturize. Within THAT same day I broke out in 5 red, painful, pus filled acne. I now have red dots all over my face. Ugh. I hope it doesn't take a month to go away like the other reviewer said.** :(

**Update 7/23/10: It's been about a month since that horrible break out. It is JUST starting to finally go away. I will never touch this stuff again.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**Original Review**
I have extremely sensitive skin to season changes, to the point of extreme dryness, flaking and peeling, especially under the eyes, and on my nose and chin.

My skin has been freaking out lately, I have no idea why. I was using Garnier Nutritioniste previously and no matter how many times I used it, it did absolutely nothing for dry skin.

I found this in Duane Reade and picked it up and I've used it for three days now, and after the first day, my dry skin is gone. I can't believe I've suffered for this long and this product was hiding right under my nose.

The cream is fantastic. It's not thin and watery, it has a nice, thick, rich texture. When I put it on, I can feel it doing the job it's supposed to do. Moisturize!

With my previous cream I would slather it on and my jar was gone after a couple of weeks, but with this stuff I notice a little goes a LONG way. I overdid it the first day since I was so used to just globbing my other lotion on to combat dry skin, and with this stuff I felt just a *tad* greasy from putting too much on.

The price is amazing... only $8 for the jar which will last a very long time. It goes very nicely under my make up and gives me a dewy smooth finish which my last cream didn't help me achieve. I love the smell, it's not overpowering, and I haven't had any burning or stinging with this product.

I think this face cream is my new HG. A++

on 4/9/2010 12:29:00 AM

So far so good. I have been using Clarins for years while trying other high end products, yet still had problems with dry skin and flakiness. Even with La Mer.. it would be too much or too dry, odd. Whenever I went to the beauty counter at Nordstrom, the Clarins lady would say... "You need to exfoliate and moisturize." I'm thinking... (I did exfoliate, wtf.. and I'm wearing Clarins moisturizer ughh). I'd then pick up a different product either from that counter or another line, e.g. Dior HydrAction Serum. It served me OK but my face would get flakey and skin dry and crusty at times.

Thought I'd give it a pass at a drugstore product since my situation was nearly hopeless. It had been a while since the last time I used a DS product, it sorta irritated my skin. I picked this L'Oreal Hydra-Renewal moisturizer up at Wal-Mart and really liked the $7 price tag and the description seemed to fit what I needed.

I think I hit the jackpot!! This goes on nice and smoothly, though it does look a little greasy/shiny... I wear foundation over it, so it doesn't matter. It didn't burn or break me out, which I was thrilled about since I have pretty sensitive skin. For example, Olay Sensitive Skin cream burns a little bit when I put it on. Even Bobbi Brown night cream. But this - this cream is not so thick but it seems to moisturize my face well. I can even wear makeup without having it flake on me, which is amazing. I do notice that the pores on my nose are a little clogged, but probably nothing my Clarisonic and face masks couldn't remedy.

I'll update if anything changes. I also purchased Neutrogena Intensified Day Moisture SPF 15 for sunscreen.

on 1/31/2010 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm extremely picky about face moisturizers. I've tried Shiseido the skincare day moisture protection and that expensive moisturizer doesn't compare to hydra-renewal. I use this religiously in the winter months because I live in the north-east and you ladies and gents know how nasty the weather can get. My trick to wearing this moisturizer is to put it on right after I cleanse my face, while it's still wet. You'll see white streaks especially if you're medium to dark skin tone but don't get discouraged. Work it in well and let it air dry. I wouldn't recommend this for the summer as it tends to get oily in the heat.
F.Y.I - I have very sensitive skin and haven't seen a pimple once.

on 11/21/2009 8:53:00 PM

I like that this moisturizes my dry winter skin really well, but it does not wear well under makeup. After an hour or two, my face becomes very shiny & oily. After a week of using this, I've had a slight breakout (very small pimples on my chin and cheeks). I'm not sure if it is due to this or a new foundation I started using at the same time. Regardless, the search for my HG winter moisturizer continues...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Pretty much whack. I have super extra painfully dry skin. Anyway I reached 25 and after a few too many years of rock-star style partying i noticed some wrinkles in my forehead. So the search for a perfect anti aging moisturiser began. Anyway I picked up this product mostly cuz it was cheaper than others. first of all the 'cream' is super thin, like a watered down lotion. Its HEAVILY perfumed. The moisture was better than i thought it would be based on the consistency, but i wouldn't call it continuous. Mostly i disliked the harshness of it. it burned my skin for about 30 seconds upon application. no good. i would hesitate to but anything form l'oreal skincare again.

on 7/13/2005 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I would definitely not buy this again. I was looking forward to trying it out because shea butter is the third ingredient and because of the great reviews on here about this product. The #1 reason why I would not buy again is the fact it really irritated my skin making it feel hot, itchy and dry. On top of that my forhead was breaking out within hours after applying this stuff with this huge red puss filled pimple and this one cystic one that was almost gone (thanks to Noxzema) got even bigger than it was originally. For a "cream" that's really more like a lotion was very light but felt heavy on my face. Plus I didn't feel it was very moisturizing. It's too bad because it said it was for "dry/sensitive skin". The only good thing I found was it smoothed my skin out before putting on foundation and it looked so wonderful. I'm real hesitant about forking out anymore money for drug store moisturizers now after having tried Olay and Neutrogena products for "sensitive" skin. Good thing I still have plenty of L'Occitane Ultra Moisturizing Day and Night Care creams (with shea butter) which says they're for dry/sensitive skin. I'm going to try The Body Shop's various moisturizers for my skin type such as the Hemp Face Protector and Soy & Calendula day and night creams. Hope they work out for me...

on 8/31/2003 11:40:00 PM

Overall, this product is good for dry sensitive skin. I use this at night and you have to be careful when applying too much can make your face look greasy. But, so far a light application before I go to bed. In the morning your face is so soft and at all irritated. Also , I have used this once or twice on my dry areas on my body. I would say this product is great and it doesn t clog pores.