The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serum

The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serum

3.0

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Water, Pentylene Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Lanolin, Polysilicone-11, Sodium Hydroxide, Bisabolol, Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract.

on 11/17/2007 3:10:00 AM

This is a new range under the aloe vera series. I have tried the aloe vera day cream but it's quite oily on my oily skin.
This comes in a nice pump and SA said has to use it within 6 months as it has no perservatives.
It's quite a light texture and i have tested it on my hands. Leave a smooth dry feeling after it.
Have not tried it on face though.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The aloe range is the only TBS facial range that I can use on my skin, but I find that the moisturisers in the series leave a siliconey feel on my skin and eventually contribute to congested pores. It's similar with this product. While this sinks in quickly and does not leave a plasticky slickness, I always seem to end up with bumps and blocked pores after using this for a while. Shame. Makes a good base for makeup, but that's about all. It is originally designed to be worn under an extra moisturiser, which seems overkill to me--and I have dry skin. Overall, I like the Aloe range for its cleansers but not for any of the moisturizers, inlcuding this one.

on 2/10/2009 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I find that this product works great when you apply it just before you put on one of your moisturisers.

I haven't noticed anything bad about this product but I'm only working through a sample that was given to me. It seems to last awhile. I've also not had any direct problems from using it.

on 3/29/2009 11:07:00 PM

I think i love this product since it can easily absorb into ur skin very fast and totally moisturize ur skin. I used to have breaks out and my forehead is always red. However, that problem is totally gone after using this product. I think it's totally good with sensitive skin since i have sensitive skin and i have lots of problems due to my sensitivity. this product can really serve my needs and solve out my skin problems.

on 7/25/2009 2:22:00 AM

didn't really do anything for me. i use the aloe day spf and night cream daily/nightly, and love both. this serum just didn't react well with my skin. pores seemed to clog more often when this stuff was added to my daily routine. it's pricey, so make sure you get a sample or two before putting your money on table.

on 11/19/2009 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff. It totally calms down my very sensitive skin in the morning and hence makes it easier to then apply daycream and make up. I do find Body Shop stuff a bit pricey though b

on 3/6/2010 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

smells foul and my face broke out overnight.

on 4/18/2010 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is the first type of "pre-moisturizer" I have ever bought so please keep that in mind.

I wanted to buy a facial lotion that wasn't oily or greasy. The result was this serum which was water-based and soaked easily in to my skin. The texture of it is great and it does hydrate the skin. However the effect is only temporary and by noon I felt my skin flaking under my makeup.

I then used the instructions and placed it under my moisturizer. I didn't really notice any difference with this after I placed my regular moisturizer on top of it. It didn't hydrate my face longer. That was disappointing.

Also I feel that for the price of the product there should have been more of the lotion. The packaging itself was nice and the pump was great though.

I didn't see the point in this serum (hydration-wise) and I was especially unhappy about the money I spent to buy it.

on 12/22/2010 12:24:00 AM

I got this at 50% off, but I'm still not particularly happy with it. It absorbs well, and doesn't irritate, but I haven't noticed any increase in moisturization or decrease in skin sensitivity. I'll keep using it until it's gone, but unless its effects are accumulative I won't bother repurchasing. \(_)/

on 12/22/2010 9:11:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Pros: no harsh ingredients, skin feels calm, supple and moisturized after immediate application.

Cons: moisturizing effect does not last long, no other active ingredients for treatment purposes for the price-tag paid, e.g. some anti-oxidants, extra hydrating agent will be good.