Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

Filtered by age: 25-29
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

3.2

on 4/3/2016 4:44:00 PM

A very disappointing product. I am a big fan of the double wear range so when I saw this I was very excited to try it. I have oily eyelids and this did absolutely nothing for me. Estée Lauder claims that it keeps eye shadow crease free for 15 hours which in my opinion is false advertising. It has put me off trying more of their products as the price is too high for the poor quality of this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am a huge Estee Lauder fan, I am obsessed with alot of their double wear range so when I saw this for sale I grabbed it.
I had high hopes for this as all of their products have been amazing, but it's just 'eh'.
In the pot you get a ton of product, and putting it on you use very little, but not much will go on the lids as the moment the heat on your hand touches it, it melts so you can layer it.
After the money I've spent on it I am determined to use it until it's either empty or dried up but I used it for days I'm just wearing a light eyeshadow usually in one shade for work or something low impact like that.

on 2/3/2013 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I usually swear by the double wear line that Estee Lauder has available. The foundation, the foundation powder, the eye liner and lipsticks are all amazing but the cream eyeshadow's end especially the eyeshadow base are just lackluster products. I made sure to use a natural fiber brush to apply the base, but it became clumpy and hard to work with. Then I tried applying with my fingers, thinking the heat of my finger tips would make the base more workable.. not true. I understand that the idea is to create a long wear eyeshadow base but you can't even move this product around once it has made contact with your skin, it creates fine feathering type creases with matte eyeshadows. I would not recommend this product to others to use and I feel that for the sale price it's a huge waste of money.

on 4/26/2011 7:00:00 PM

I really like this product. Very easy to go on, I use a sponge applicator. Holds up well after long days at work and nice color show. I have other primers, but can't let this one go!! Will definitely repurchase, this stuff lasts forever though! I've had mine over a month and can't see much usage in the jar!!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

THIS IS MY HG SHADOW BASE. I LOVE THE WAY MY SHADOW STAYS WITH THIS AND THE POP OF COLOR IT GIVES MY SHADOWS. THE PRODUCT CONSISTENCY IS JUST AS THE UDPP BUT THE GREAT THING ABOUT IT IS THAT IT COMES IN A POT INSTEAD OF THAT GENIE BOTTLE LOOKING THINGY (I HATE THAT PACKAGING) YOU LOOSE SOO MUCH PRODUCT ON THAT. TO ME IT WORKS AND FEELS THE SAME BUT AGAIN THE POT MAKES ME GO TO ESTEE LAUDER. I REALLY RECOMMEND TO TRY THIS STUFF.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the best eyeshadow base ever!!!! It does exactly what it promises: the eyehsadow stays in place all day long, no creasing, no smudging, applies really smoothly and the texture is so light.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product! I have tried a lot of eyeshadow bases over the years and this one is the best! Make sure when you put it on, you are putting it on a dry lid and you are letting it dry completely before you put anything on top of it. It can get goopy if it is still wet or not set all the way. I wear ID Bare Minerals and I love to put this under my eye also and then put on the well rested powder concealer on top of it. LOVE IT! and it lasts all day long.

on 9/30/2008 4:16:00 AM

It makes the shadow stay on like for ever, i went to bed with eyeshadow on and when i woke up, it still was there like perfect from the night before. The aplication goes on smooth too.
The only thing i dont like, is that it has some colour so you have to make sure that you blend it well into your eyelid so no coulour lines show, and its a little to thick. But i does what you want i do do. make your shadow not crease and stay on foreeeever :)

on 9/25/2008 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I heard a lot of great things about this product but I was quickly dissapointed. It does glide on smoothly, help shadows blend, show true shadow colours, but it creases like a MOFO. This might be better for those who have dryer lids but I don't have oily lids at all but it has creases everytime I use it.

I will not buy this again.

I have been devoted to UDPP for years now but I had run out and I didn't want to wait to get it as it is only available on-line in my area. So I was at my local large chemist and queried the Estee Lauder SA if they had an eyeshadow primer. She showed me the Double Wear and explained how it worked and what it was supposed to do to me and I thought, "oh! This sounds just like UDPP but it's in an easier, more practical container!" So I bought it with very high hopes. To make a long story short, the stuff didn't work. No matter what amount I used, I still got creases. It was an absolute waste of £12 and in this country, you can't return cosmetics if you don't like them. I have since tried Too Faced Shadow Insurance which I really think I love and the packaging is brilliant. UDPP will always be the best, but I just can't get around how rubbish the packaging is. They really need to change that. With Too Faced, you get the amount of product that you pay for. If you have oily eyelids and really need an eyeshadow base/primer, steer clear of EL Double Wear. Get either UDPP or Too Faced and you will not be disappointed.