SkinCeuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 44-55
SkinCeuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol
Skinceuticals Retinol

3.7

water, cyclomethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, dimethiconol, laureth-4, laureth-23, hydrogenated lecithin, butyorspermum parkii (shea butter), caprylic/capric triglyceride, ceramide 2, ceramide 3, phytosphingosine, cholesterol, hypericum perforatum extract, propylene glycol, allyl methacrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 20, retinol, BHT, sodium polyacrylate, dimethicone PEG-7 isostearate, glycerin, polyacrylamide, C13-14 isoparaffin, leureth-7, bisabolol. rosa canina leaf extract, silybum marianum fruit extract, passiflora incarnata flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matreicaria) leaf extract, citric acid, methylsothiazolinone, tetrasodium EDTA SkinCeuticals 5/27/09

on 2/1/2017 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this product to try and get my skin used to a retinol product.
I tried for a good 6 months, and 3 times a week was all i could tolerate. My skin was always extremely dry, feeling tight, and i always had embarrassing peeling skin on about the 3rd day after use.
I read another post from someone who advised to go straight to a prescription strength Tretinoin, so off to my local GP i went, and i have never looked back.

Here in Australia, prescription strength tretinoin starts from $26, compared to the $100 skinceuticals one.
I now wake up every morning with soft moisturised skin, and i have never peeled, or suffered from red tight skin.
My advice to anyone wanting to start on retinol is to not waste your time in over the counter retinols, they cost more, and aren't as effective.
The prescription tretinoins are more emollient, and CHEAPER !!
For reference, i started off on Stevia A .25 %. No side effects whats so ever. Then i moved onto Retrieve .05% (skin feels amazingly soft the next day with this brand) Now i am about to try the highest strength.

on 6/16/2010 5:36:00 AM

I am really happy with this product. It is very pricey in NZ, (about $95 incl postage) but well worth it. I had previously used Retin-ox (both the night and day creams) and I really like Retin-ox as a moisturiser, but to me that is all that it is ...a moisturiser. It does not make a visible difference in my opinion.

Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0 DOES make a visible difference. You need to be careful that you gradually increase how often you use it. My skin is in really good condition for its age (48yrs) probably because I have had oily skin up until the past couple of years. When I started using the Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0, I used it every 3rd night initially, then after about 10 days I starting using it on my face every night. It was/is fine for me and no I didn't get any tingling or anything.. but I did get very fine little dry patches on my face that I could wash off in the shower with exfoliating face wash. Make sure you apply a good facial sunscreen each morning.
I use the Retinol 1.0 on my neck too, BUT even now after using it for about 6 weeks, I can still only use it on my neck a maximum of once a week otherwise I get an itchy reaction. Be careful not to get the retinol too close to the outside corner of your eyes as that area is quite sensitive too. I find that I can use it without a problem on the orbital bone under and around my eyes, and I also apply it to the brow bone area under my eyebrows without any problem - but remember that if you are going to do that, use it very sparingly initially and build up to it so that you don't have a reaction! (by reaction I mean it could get overly dry/flakey skin or it might become red and itchy). I have combination normal/oily skin olive skin.
I will definitely buy this product again. It does the biz!!!

on 10/14/2009 10:55:00 AM

Well, this stuff means business. I was using Green Cream Level 9 and thought I needed to make the next jump up, so I purchased the 1% formula of this product. After 2 days, I started into a peel. I used to read about people using Green Cream and shedding their skin, but it took this product to make that happen. I actually should have purchased the .5% formulation, but instead I'll slowly acclimate myself to this level. It's a good product, a wee bit does a lot of work, and it's already made a great difference in my skin texture, unlike anything I've ever used.