SkinCeuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
SkinCeuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol
Skinceuticals Retinol

4.7

water, cyclomethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, dimethiconol, laureth-4, laureth-23, hydrogenated lecithin, butyorspermum parkii (shea butter), caprylic/capric triglyceride, ceramide 2, ceramide 3, phytosphingosine, cholesterol, hypericum perforatum extract, propylene glycol, allyl methacrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 20, retinol, BHT, sodium polyacrylate, dimethicone PEG-7 isostearate, glycerin, polyacrylamide, C13-14 isoparaffin, leureth-7, bisabolol. rosa canina leaf extract, silybum marianum fruit extract, passiflora incarnata flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matreicaria) leaf extract, citric acid, methylsothiazolinone, tetrasodium EDTA SkinCeuticals 5/27/09

Incredible product!!! I have suffered acne for over 20 years since my late teens. Getting very close to 40 and was not able to find anything to clear up your acne is very disappointing and extremely frustrating. However after starting with .5 for couple months long and continuing with 1.0 retinol of skinceuticals have changed my skin and my confidence drastically. I have no acne now and a very nice bright looking skin. Having acne for 20 years left me with scars so I'm hoping will be getting better overtime with continuous use of this product. After a month of incredible results I also bought skinceuticals C E ferulic antioxidant and B5 hydrating gels and have been using them daily. One of my friends is a plastic surgeon and he insists on using retinol at night and an antioxidant in the morning. The results are simply amazing. I use the retinol every other night with Josie maran argan oil on top. I use Josie's argan oil at night and in the morning as a moistrizer. That helps calming down any irritations and hydrating my skin super well. Never had any problems. I also exfoliate twice a week. Highly recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I am actually writing this review to warn you gals on the strenght of this product. I did use on and off (since it was really hard on my skin ) Retin A for over a month. Thinking my skin could by now take it, i used this cream for 4 nights in a row. I woke up on the 5th morning, red and flaky and with a few breakouts. I peeled like crazy for the past week. I really thought it would not have happened since i used the Retin A just a few days earlier. I am now planning to only use it once a week until my skin will get used to it. I like the texture and my skin looks pretty clear and glowing now . Might update in a near future.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I had been using Green Cream for several years until I found this magical cream. I used it every three days and I do get some flakiness but I dont mind because my skin looks better than ever now. I have been using this product for six months in addition to C E Ferulic and sunscreen.

on 7/4/2010 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This product is without question the best one I have ever used. The results I am seeing after using it for about 3 months are incredible. My skin is smooth, plump and even toned. My acne is now almost completely gone. I am also using this around my eyes and it looks like I have had an eyelift. The area is line-free and the skin is thicker so that my eye circles do not appear so dark anymore. I have had problems with redness and flaking until I have started using this retinol cream in conjunction with Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair (the Synchronized or Concentrate formula). I use the ANR in the morning and sometimes at night when I have flakies and redness and it brings my skin back to normal. I can thus reap the benefits of the extraordinary Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0 formula without the unpleasant side effects. I recommend these products highly.

ETA: I have noticed that this loses its potency after a while (you can tell that because the serum turns yellow which means that the retinol has oxidised), probably because air does get into the tube even though I think the pump is supposed to be airless. That is not a problem though, if you keep it in the fridge. Since I have been doing that, the serum does its job properly even after several months of use of the same tube.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

--PRODUCT--
I don't know if I'm alone here, but I actually use this as a peel!
I'm very prone to acne, but at the same time I have the worst eczema.
So whenever I use anything to combat the acne,
it dries out my skin and gives the eczema a chance to totally make my skin look like that of a dried out mummy. Not kidding!
Then, ofcourse, the heavy creams I apply to hydrate my dead skin cause huge pimples........under the eczema skin.

This mess happens to me a lot, and takes about a month to clear up.
It's really embarrasing and makes me feel very insecure :(

I always wished I could just RESET my skin. (Like in that strange Vichy commercial where the woman tears her skin right off, like a mask)
The retinol does that exact thing for me.
I reckon that this is not the desired result for most people, but for me this is the perfect solution!
After just 1 day of applying this stuff, I can immediately see my skin calming down.
On day 2, if I look closely, I can see outlines of flakes appearing.
This may sound quite gruesome if you've never had this before,
but I just attack the flakes with my tweezers, and can peel off quite large patches of that crappy eczema skin.

Instant mood lifter, and it's strangely satisfying :p

On day 3 I have new skin.
It's very sensitive, so I moisture the hell out of it ro prevent starting this whole process over again.
Still haven't found a good moisturizer for my combo skin though....

--PACKAGING-- is weird.
Very little to no product comes out, and when it's about 1/2 finished, nothing comes out.
So I always cut the thing open and discover a lot of product inside.

--PRICE--
It's worth it, that's all I have to say.

on 7/12/2009 10:59:00 PM

Switched from nightly use of the 0.5% concentration to the 1.0% with no dryness/sensitivity issues. I'm using it as a poor man's retonoid & it's working really well for me. The "lifespan" of the ocassional pimple that does break through is significantly reduced. Those zits that are so deep that they'd hurt your face are a thing of the past. It's also been great at fading old scars from past breakouts. The $ doesn't feel too high because the first bottle lasted me about 5 months.

on 5/27/2009 1:38:00 AM

Excellent product. I have used Retin-A and Retin-A micro in the past (with a prescription), and those never even compared to the Skin Ceuticals Retinol 1%. I received a sample of the .5% retinol and used it for 2 nights and noticed my acne cleared. After about 6 months of regular use, I upgraded to the 1%. This product is very strong. It will eat the dead skin off of your face like paint thinner takes paint off of a car. I have had acne for the past 22 years and this product cleared it. I do not like to use this with the Skin Ceuticals cleanser though. It causes too much drying, thus plugging the pores and causing more acne. The skin needs to stay soft to let the plugs out. I use Philosophy Purity cleanser and the Skin Ceuticals Retinol 1% and finally have clear skin.

on 2/11/2009 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I tolerated Accutane very well, so decided to start with this concentration rather than the .5%. Going on the basis of two pumps for my whole face excluding eyes; I used it once a week for three weeks, twice a week for three weeks, every other night for three weeks, and am now using it nightly. Apart from my stupidity (next paragraph!) I have had no adverse effects other than some very slight flaking when I started using it on alternate nights.

Definitely apply your eyecream before this product! Even though my facial skin tolerates this product very well, I forgot to apply my eyecream one night, and about half an hour later got out of bed to go and do it. The next morning I woke up with very red, dry eye-skin that was sore to the touch for several days. It almost felt like a bad sunburn.

Back to the good stuff - this product has softend the beginnings of lines on my forehead and between my brows, smoothed out the texture of my skin, lightened acne scars and discolorations, decreased general oiliness, and seems to have made my pores less noticeable. The largest change (although the hardest to define) is a sort of glow.

The packaging is functional; while it's hard to know how much product is left, for something of this type I'd much rather sacrifice that than chemical stability

I've been a long-time user of Revlon Colourstay foundation, and going to work or just out without foundation would have been unthinkable for me a few months ago. Now, I just dot on some concealer under my eyes, a little around my nose, lightly brush on some loose powder and go :-)

on 1/6/2009 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This stuff works really well. I have to say, it's very drying, but that's going to happen with any retinol treatment. I'm on my second bottle. My issues weren't wrinkles but acne and acne scars. This has helped durastically. It hasn't completely stopped my acne, but it's toned it down. It has really helped with my scars as well, and I think it helps prevent them from happening. I'm not crazy about the price, or that I have to order it online, but it's a great quality product. Beware however, it's very very drying. I have oily skin and my skin gets flakey from this, so sometimes I do it every other night.

on 1/16/2006 11:01:00 AM

This is a great retinol product. I have worked my way up to the 1% concentration using other retinol products. I was worried this may be harsh, but I really have had no adverse effects. A bit of peeling, which is to be expected. My pores are refined, brown marks fading. You only need to use a small amount (size of a pea) and use as aften as your skin can tolerate. Always start slowly. I have worked my way up to nightly use. The package says the delivery system helps minimize the negative effects of retinol and I agree- not much redness. This is one of the few products I have used that delivers! If you like retinol products, I highly suggest using this product. They also have a .05 concentration and it is recommended to start with that % before working up to the 1%. It's about $48 for 1 oz. Packaged to keep the retinol stable.