Palladio Rice Powder

Palladio Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

on 6/30/2016 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow I have been looking for a powder like this for so long and who knew it would be at my beauty supply store? I use this powder only in my t zone after my foundation/bb cream has set for a few minutes. I also use it to set my under eye concealer and it works perfectly for that too. It hides my pores perfectly and keeps my very oily skin looking matte for well over 5 hours. Even once I do start to look a little shiny, it isn't even that bad it just looks like a healthy glow. Buy this powder! The packaging sucks but it's well worth it!!!

on 6/12/2016 6:52:00 PM

Love love love this powder. Really sets my foundation and looks smooth. Keeps me matte longer than most. It does have a strong smell ( I like it) but it doesn't linger. It doesn't have a lot of coverage so I wouldn't wear it alone. Only cons are the packaging. Pain in the butt. But worth it for the good product and good price

on 5/4/2015 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've just started using this powder, but I love it so far. It controls my oil better and longer than other powders I've tried, and I don't mind the smell. I also like the finish it gives my skin. Also, I'm very pale (as in sometimes the lightest foundation is too dark for me), and the translucent powder is just fine for me. It's also convenient for me that Sally Beauty carries it.

For those who think it is messy: don't remove the entire sticker on the sifter piece. Either peel up the sticker and cut part off then press the rest back down, or poke holes in the sticker over some of the holes in the sifter tray, so less powder comes out. I learned this trick for the ELF HD powder, and it makes such a difference. I'm also planning to put a hairband or rubber band on the package to keep the lid on for travel. I think I'm also going to get one to carry in my bag.

I apply this powder with the ELF Powder Brush, not the puff that comes with it. I leave the puff in the container to help keep powder from spilling into the tray, though.

I love that it's inexpensive. It covers my skin nicely, just enough coverage to minimize my acne scars. The downsides... the packaging is kind of messy, the lid does not stay on very well- you have to store it upright otherwise powder goes everywhere! Also, the powder usually comes off after 4-6 hours, however, this does not bother me because the positive is that this is one product that does not aggravate my sensitive skin!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This loose powder if fantastic. I bought a container on a whim and I don't regret it.
It effectively sets makeup, controls shine, and mattifies skin. Warning: A little goes a long way. Use a light hand when applying this stuff.
My skin is so pale that I can use this powder almost like a powder foundation after I have applied primer (I bought translucent). It feels good on the skin and has never caused me any irritation or to break out. I love it.
Of course I use it over my liquid foundation too. I tend to use it when I'm going for a more retro look, what with red lipstick and a black cat eye, as it really seems to provide that naturally matte finish that brings it all together.
However, the packaging leaves a lot to be desired. So, that is why it has only a four out of five from me. It can get messy very quickly. If I travel with it I tend to keep it in a plastic bag separate from my other makeup, just to avoid a messy spill. Or just tape the lid shut...
You do get a lot of product in this container though. Despite being relatively small, the powder supply seems endless. This, along with the fine quality of the powder, makes it a great value for the money.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Decent loose powder for the money, but this product doesn't have enough going for it for me to be willing to put up with the terrible, leaky packaging. This product has been leaking powder from the moment I took the protective outer tamper guard. Since the holes in the top of the sifter were still taped up at that point, I can only assume that the powder must have leaked around the sifter. I tried to minimize any future mess by only peeling off a third of the tape over the holes so I could reseal them between uses, but no luck. The powder sticks to the peeled back portion of the sticker, preventing it from resealing. So unless you store all of your makeup in a space where it can stay upright and undisturbed, this product is too messy to deal with.

As for the product itself, I found it to be good but not great. It's finely milled and soft, and if applied with a light hand, doesn't look cakey on or alter the color of my foundation. It doesn't cling to any of my dry patches either which is nice. It does a pretty good job setting my under eye concealer so that my mascara doesn't start to smudge by the end of the day, but over all I found its ability to control oil in my T-zone to be underwhelming. I find myself needing to blot after 4 hours and repowder my T-zone after 7, which isn't terrible, but isn't any better than most of the pressed powders I've tried that can do the same task with less mess.

Oh and this powder is pretty strongly scented. I don't mind as I don't find the fragrance (it smells like baby powder) offensive, but I imagine it wouldn't go over well with any one particularly sensitive to fragrant facial products.

This stuff is my little secret. I'm actually not a makeup person because my face gets super oily every time I wear it, but since I've discovered this product I'm much more comfortable wearing foundation. I only like the smell because it's nostalgic for me, but I can understand why others complain about it smelling like elderly women or whatever. I suggest you use a brush instead of the square applicator enclosed. Definitely give this a try if you're a profuse sweater/oily person.

on 8/26/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love this powder! I'm very oily, and I've tried many powders, and this does the best job of keeping my oiliness down. Don't get me wrong, I still have to blot after 3-4 hours, but for me this is great. Even then I'm not super oily, just enough to need blotting.This is a lovely, soft, finely milled powder. It even has a nice mild scent. I use a big dense fluffy powder brush for this-I dip it in the powder, then swirl it in the box top to embed it well into the bristles. Then I press (not swipe) it into my skin. It gives me a matte leaning satin finish. I love the way it looks on my skin! I'm very fair and I use the translucent. I think the packaging is sort of cute on the outside! I find the best way to get the right amount of powder is to tip the box upside down once or twice-this will get some of the powder out of the little holes so you can dip your brush into it. It's easy to get too much but not hard to get the hang of getting how much you need. It's not really travel friendly if you're looking for that, but it's great to use at home. This is an HG product for me!

on 8/11/2013 11:11:00 PM

I use the translucent and this is a fantastic finishing loose powder. I tend to be a bit oily in the T-Zone and this lasted at least 7hrs w/out touch ups (rice blotting paper). I use it with a big brush not the pad it comes with. I like that it's small enough for traveling too. Price point is not bad, I got it at Sally's for under $6.00.

guys get oily skin too and working in the modelling industry the last few years ive learned some secret tricks not many know about reguarding guys and invisible makeup tricks!! while on one of my more hi-profile shoots, the makeup artist had this product sitting out and was applying it to all the of us male models. not being a stranger to having makeup applied in various textures and types (many of which irritated my sensitive skin) I was a little surprised this was all she was using on us. noticing my slight confusion she continued to explain that this product was perfect for men for everyday use and not just on females for a finishing product. she explained this product would go on sheer and light, airbrishing the skin, evening tone and keeping the shine at bay for hours. wow was she right. it literally looked like I had nothing on, yet my skin retained such a matte smooth and greasless appeal! the kicker was she explained she purchased this product at Sally stores which are easily accesible and nationwide. after the shoot I decided to bite the proverbial bullet and stop in and get one of these. I bought it in the warm beige since I do spray tan and also purchased a "blush brush" for application. this is my best kept beauty secret. it literally looks like I am wearing nothing but my own healthy skin. people compliment my skintone as well telling me they've never seen such flawless glowing skin on a man. i only apply it mainly to my T-Zone as thats usually my oil problem areas (entire forhead, nose, cheeks and a bit on my chin) much like a bronzer is applied. in fact, this CAN be used as bronzer minus all the shimmery nonsence they add to most nowdays. I use this product atleast 4-5 times a week and have had my product for almost a year and a half now. you CAN travel with it but its best to scotch tape it closed whilst in trasit to prevent spills. I recommend this to girls and guys alike who want to have that air brushed look, natural flawless coverage, price conscious and practical product thats nothing short of a miracle! and at just over $5, theres absolutely nothing to lose :) xoxo