Palladio Rice Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Palladio Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

on 5/26/2017 1:53:00 AM

I have fair skin, so I bought translucent. It's not; it's orange and opaque. That isn't what I wanted, to have little orange speckles on my face. Yuck. So this did not work out for me; it's also drying, too much so.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this powder after reading good reviews and I am not disappointed. i apply it with a powder brush after foundation and blush and it makes my skin look flawless. usually, powders make my fair skin look cakey or ghostly, but this gave my skin the perfect matte finish. however, I'm not a huge fan of the scent or the messy packaging.

on 4/18/2016 11:46:00 PM

This powder is a personal HG product. It keeps me matte for half the day, but even still doesn't leave me looking like a complete ball of oil. The packaging, however, is the most annoying thing ever. There is a tape around the box which is a little hard to remove because it does not completely come off (there might be some glue residue left behind), and once you do get the box open, there is a film on top of the holes were the powder comes out. I tried to peel it off as slowly as I could, but the filter just came off and powder went everywhere - the reviews weren't kidding when they said packaging was a bitch. Not a deal breaker though, still my favourite powder to set my face with.

This is an extremely mattifying powder so if you're someone who has normal/dry or mature skin, you need to stay away from this but for oily folks, this is perfect. Especially when worn over a more natural/dewy finish foundation. Dusting this over an already matte foundation (e.g the loreal infallible or estee lauder double wear) is going to be too much and can look a little cakey but if you have a natural/dewy finish foundation that you love but want to extend its wear, this powder is perfect for that! I pair it with my Bourjois Healthy Mix and this powder prevents me from looking like an oil slick a few hours later.

However, the packaging is awful. I only opened half of the sifter and still the powder gets everywhere! The lid also opens quite easily. I really wish that they'll improve their packaging. Even loose powder don't have to be this messy.

on 1/29/2016 11:33:00 PM

BLEH. It smells extremely mature. It is literally pigmented baby powder to me. I don't really care for this product, save your money and buy a better powder.

on 1/24/2016 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

HG powder. It's cheap, available locally at Sally's, and keeps my face shine-free all day! I have very oily skin around my T-zone, and this prevents me from looking like a lightbulb. The powder itself isn't too fine or chunky, and the Translucent shade doesn't leave a white cast on your face or make it look ashy (as long as you don't pile it on).

The packaging is the only thing that bothers me, but the problem is easy to fix. The case flips open but doesn't close completely, so don't lift it up by the lid, or else the powder will spill out. The little foam pad that comes with it is pretty useless, so I use my kabuki brush to apply the powder and spread it out. Just make sure that you get the right amount of powder on the brush, and you're set!

on 12/21/2015 3:10:00 PM

At first I tried this powder on it's own. I got the shade warm beige and it just oxidized a couple shades to dark on its own. Now I started wearing it after applying UD Naked, which I need to set or it just doesn't look right on my skin. That being said once I set it with this powder it looks great! Not flawless, because who am I kidding, I have acne prone skin, with large pores on my cheeks and some on my nose and I have trouble with hormonal acne on my chin. I don't use the powder for touch ups because I won't put this in my purse, the packaging is just horrible!

Normally I hate powders btw, they just never worked for me even with my oily skin, they would go from chalk powder face to oily tacky cake face within a couple hours. If this one works out, I am thinking of getting it in a shade lighter to see if I can wear it without applying a liquid foundation first.

I haven't test the flash back or used it long enough to see if it clogs my pores/causes a breakout or reaction because I haven't been wearing it long enough. Once I do or if I stop using it I will update my review.

on 5/13/2015 11:23:00 AM

This powder is amazing. I have dry/oily skin, I get oily but my skin is highly sensitive and powder makes it feel super dry and cakey. This is the only powder I use, it's light, controls oil and feels amazing. The packaging isn't the best but for how great this product is I don't mind. It's pretty inexpensive so I would recommend everyone try it.

I love that it's inexpensive. It covers my skin nicely, just enough coverage to minimize my acne scars. The downsides... the packaging is kind of messy, the lid does not stay on very well- you have to store it upright otherwise powder goes everywhere! Also, the powder usually comes off after 4-6 hours, however, this does not bother me because the positive is that this is one product that does not aggravate my sensitive skin!

on 4/8/2015 3:17:00 PM

I tried this after reading lots of great reviews. It is a very lightweight and nice smelling powder however my face was still oily after a few hours. I hate the packaging, it's very messy.