MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

4.2

on 8/29/2018 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a good choice of foundation provided you are not oily skinned and not living in a humid country. If both of those combinations apply then this foundation will leave you looking like an oil slick.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't use this for my face (I tried once and it broke me out) but I do use on my upper arms where I have a few light blemishes. This helps to cover them up. Finding the right shade was tricky as I'm NC42 in concealer, but my arms are a few shades lighter than my face. Luckily the SA at the Mac counter helped me find the closest match and encouraged me to view it in natural light aswell as the stores lighting to get a good idea of how it will look under different conditions. I use this only when wearing certain types of dresses as it can and will rub off to a degree on t-shirt sleeves etc, even when I use a setting powder. I would re-purchase this for sure once my current bottle runs out.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

My everyday foundation! I love this stuff!! ❤️❤️❤️

on 5/30/2018 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

On some days when I dont want to be fully made up I use this one. The coverage is very buildable one thing I notice is if you want to layer it up you need to wait for the first layer to dry out first before you put on another one with that the coverage will be medium to full. I love using this with my coty airspun translucent extra coverage! My face gets oily around 4hrs and fades out around 7 hrs of wear. No break out or whatsoever another plus for me! by the way i got this in c5 and my shade reference is nc42.

on 3/30/2018 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation: I’m usually a NC42 and I use C5 in the Face and Body Foundation. I’m combo-oily with medium pore size on my cheeks with a bit of redness all across my cheeks and nose.
The trick to love this foundation is to apply it with your fingers. I tried it with a brush (didn’t like the finish) and a sponge (a no-no and not buildable at all with it). When you apply it with your fingers, you can feel the consistency getting tacky as you blend it into your skin and that’s when you know you’ve got it right!
Very lightweight with a natural sheer finish, you can build it to a low-medium coverage but if you have severe hyperpigmentation or acne scars, you will not like this foundation.
I feel like it’s impossible to look cakey with this foundation as it never clings to my occasional dry patches (more often during winter time) and it’s the reason why I love it so much. I powder down the very dewy finish and it can get slightly oily during the day but the foundation never breaks down, it just gets glowy-ier. It’s a very good every day foundation.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Love it! I use it everyday. Finishing is beautiful (might be too dewy for some people). My skin is red and oily. Though the coverage is light, yellow undertone does help to cover the redness. Since it's water base, my face is less oily than the day I'm using other fdt. I like to apply it with my hands, it's very bendable, however, it sticks to skin quickly, so you should apply it with quick hands. I would repurchase it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I LOVE this one, an all-time favorite!! It gives a beautiful and natural skin-like finish. It even out the tone and has light to medium coverage. It lasts ages and remains the same even after the while. It's very light and perfect for summer and stays on all day. I recently lost it during my trip to London, I left it in the bathroom where I was staying!!!! I'm so mad at myself. I need to get a new bottle.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Excellent product.

on 11/29/2016 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is my HG foundation! The lady at the mac counter in my Hudsons Bay was so incredibly amazing. She raved about this foundation and told me it would be perfect for my skin type. My skin is very dry, flakey and red which some foundations can really exaggerate. This does not at all!! I literally can't believe how healthy my skin looks when I wear this. I don't really need tons of coverage more so than I just need evening out of my skin tone. This does exactly that and makes my face feel so hydrated. I've been on the hunt for the perfect foundation for my upcoming wedding and can finally say I have found it! If you have dry, sensitive, flakey skin please try this! Even just get a sample to try if you're skeptical (although this is great value compared to high end brands at Sephora). This lasts about 8 good hours on my face and is easy to touch up without gettung cakey. I have darker Filipino skin and wear NC40 in studio fix, which makes me C5 in face and body. Love love love. Cannot say it enough.

on 9/26/2016 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I had decided to try this foundation after I heard it was a great light / buildable coverage with a natural finish. This much is true. I am combination/oily and acne prone.

Reading other reviewers on MUA and watching how well it performed on YouTube I thought I'd take the plunge and buy it, the big bottle is a bargain.

The first day wear was okay, it looked good and not oily unlike what I am normally. I then wore it consecutively for three days, only to notice on the third day i started developing these red bumps in my skin. I took a break the next day from foundation altogether and bumps had become small but raised. I feel like this was an after wear reaction, because it slowly subsided the next day.
Gave it a try, one week later to see if it was just my over sensitive skin being weird. This time I did the work day test. It was about 15 hours of wear. Came home and checked, the foundation wore really well, I wasn't oily, it looked good on the skin and not cakey and just natural. This time though, I had broken out more severely than before. My skin couldn't take it. Funny though I never react like this to any foundation, not so immediately.

If this didn't break me out I would wear this everyday, it's so light weight and natural. I don't need much because the foundation actually sets after an hour to look like better coverage. I apply with my fingers by rubbing in circles around one area until it feels a bit tacky, then blend sightly so it's not too thick. I can build in pigmented areas after this if I like. I find I need to powder, and I make sure not to use too much otherwise it looks heavy.

Overall a good foundation. But like others have said MAC foundations can be a problem for sensitive/acne prone skin.