MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

I have dry sensitive skin with an oily T zone, this foundation is perfect for me, make sure to apply using your fingers and rubbing it on in a circular motion.

It’s long lasting and has a beautiful natural dewy finish.

Oh and it’s waterproof !
I will continue to purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I will always keep Face & Body in my rotation. It’s so unique; while there are many light coverage foundations, this one truly looks like my skin but better. It gives me a lovely glow but feels like I have nothing on my face. I find that the best way to apply is to use your fingers to rub it in until you feel the consistency change and feel kind of tacky. That’s when the magic happens. I can apply more where needed using the same method. I don’t need to set this as it lasts all day. I will powder my t-zone only. I hope that MAC never changes the formula as it’s a cult classic for a reason.

This foundation is a light coverage that is very buildable, and I've been able to build it to a solid medium coverage. If you're struggling with the application, try rubbing it in with your fingers instead of using a brush or a sponge because it's designed to give more coverage and last longer if you rub it in with fingers. This foundation is extremely dewy which sounds amazing for my dry skin but it ended up being a bit too dewy for my liking. It was dewy to the point of making me look greasy. I have to set it every time I use it otherwise it will definitely get lifted off my face. Even if I set it, I can still feel it on my skin which is mildly uncomfortable for me. Once I set it though, it ends up being a very long lasting foundation that doesn't look cakey, drying or emphasise my pores. This will definitely even out your skin tone, but won't do much to cover acne spots. I won't repurchase because I don't like how it feels on my skin, and it takes a bit of effort to get it to the level of coverage I want.

Wish the packaging was different but otherwise the best!

on 11/19/2018 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I've been using this since July, it's now late November, and this is my new standard light moisturizing foundation. I'd been looking since Estee Lauder d/c Double Wear Light, and reformulated it. I like this way better.

Light coverage. It won't hide the sunspots on my right cheekbone, but it does nicely blur them and somehow makes all red marks, freckles and sunspots blur into the background leaving a nice clean glowy finish that looks like my skin but radiant. No shimmer, just a dewy glowy look.

I have dry sensitive skin, oily T zone, rosacea, redness, sunspots, freckles and I'm NW15 in MAC. In Face and Body, N1 fits me perfectly.

No reactions, no pimples, no white bumps, red bumps or rashes. Just great looking skin that you can't tell I'm wearing any foundation on from morning till night.

It is sheer, but you can build a bit. If I'm really wanting to hide my sunspots on my cheekbone, or a really red spot, I dot a tiny bit of concealer on and tap it in, and set that with a kiss of finishing powder but most days I don't bother. This is my foundation for my no makeup makeup days.

I do set it very very lightly with a large fluffy brush and some translucent finishing powder if I'm using powder blush, but if I'm using Clinique's chubby stick cream blushes (Amp'd up Apple is a favourite) then I leave it dewy and it does just fine.

I love the extra moisture but for anyone with less than dry skin, you might need to set this for sure. For anyone with aging dry skin, it is wonderful. I wear it over top Jose Marans SPF 47 argan sunscreen which is also super moisturizing.

Just a suggestion, MAC will always give a nice sample to try so when you get them to figure out your shade take it home and try it in daylight. Some MAC people are better than others at matching people, others are right out to lunch and way off.

If you are NC or NW 15 or so then try the N1 first. If you are NC NW 20-25 try N2.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Very sheer but somehow I can feel it all day on my face and it stresses me out. I hate feeling it. Gets too shiny

on 11/7/2018 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE THIS. On days I want a no makeup look? I use this. If I have other foundations that aren't quite right (too thick, cakey, etc) I add a squirt of this before applying and voila! That said, I have pretty good skin,and as most people know by now, this is almost nonexistant once on. It offers about no coverage, but it evens things out perfectly! It's not gonna cover anything really. The color is a perfect match for me, which helps when I mix it in with other stuff too. This is one makeup product that I'm NEVER without.

on 11/5/2018 10:49:00 PM

This product looks amazing on, it’s stellar HOWEVER one of the ingredients caused my skin to break out in cysts all over my forehead and chin :( My skin was flawless prior and after it looks so horrible! You’ve been warned. If you have break out prone skin stay away!

What can i say about this product..!! I never could imagine that i would like this product. I have very fair acne prone skin with a lots of red spots. Even its not the full coverage foundation that i probably would search for , its the best thing i 've ever put on my face. Build it up as much times as you want, you will never look cakey. I like the finish, i like that it is water resistant , its long lasting, i only powder my t zone. My skin never look so flawless and so alive with any other foundation and believe me i tried a lot from a lots of brands like dior , chanel , estee lauder, loreal etc. My skin never looked so alive , so bright. Skin looks like a skin not like a mask. Long lasting, hydrating without excess extra oil, fresh look skin , water proof, what else do you need? Perfect, i wish i had try it before i waste so much money trying to find the best foundation.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Beautiful foundation for both face and body. Gives skin a natural dewy look but has a wonderful coverage. It stays on well and doesn't smudge off at all. If I remember correctly this is waterproof?

I wish it came in a wider range of colors though.