MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Black
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

4.2

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really want to like this foundation , I find it looks amazing on my clients but for my personal use I don’t like it. I love the glow it gives, but I find it doesn’t last on my skin, I do set with Laura mercier translucent powder. I’ll stick to my ultra hd by makeup forever

on 6/25/2017 3:38:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this since Estee Lauder DW in Dawn ran out and the no pump feature was tiring me. This is easier to use in terms of packaging and consistency, I had to be quicker when using the EL. I use this in shade C2 and matches me for the natural look.
I wore this after almond oil and primer. I live in Singapore and like EL it couldn't hold up to the humidity and my face turned into the shade without makeup. The MAC MUA said it's because it has moisturizer and the color will evaporate with the moisturizer. It is moisturizing and helped my skin in an air-conditioned office.

on 2/27/2017 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Good foundation if you have dry skin, but do not even think about using it in oily or mixed skin. Does not cover acne blemishes or imperfections. Is a foundation to use only on days when you do not want to use a lot of makeup

on 12/19/2016 9:30:00 PM

I am obsessed with this foundation, love the dewy and natural healthy finish, very sheer coverage, if you looking for high coverage or matte foundation, this is not for you, it is good for normal to dry skin, if you looking for natural everyday foundation, go for this.

on 12/10/2016 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm an 18 year old with dry to normal, relatively blemish-free skin and can I just say that I absolutely love this product! I wanted to get a foundation so I did my research and had seen a ton of good reviews on this product as well as the studio waterweighg foundation. So I walked into a MAC store and had the SA try on the mac f&b on my face to see how it wears. It really wears beautifully sheer and natural on me, and you can layer it on without the foundation becoming cakey so I really enjoy this foundation. Best part is there's no SPF so it photographs beautifully. It is also value for money and is cheaper than most high end foundations at Sephora. Will definitely repurchase when I finally run out of this.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

It's good but not for me. If you have oily skin and acne skin, this is not a good option. It has only little coverage but you can build it up to medium I believe.It comes in a good size with a great price. The scent is one of the downside as I don't like scented cosmetic. Nothing special and at the price range I rather pick up a drugstore foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

No.1 choice of foundation for me.

I love how sheer it is and it literally feels like nothing on my skin. It looks so natural on my skin and blends into my skin so nicely.

I get my best result by using brush first to spread it evenly on my skin then buff it it using a beauty blender.

Even though the price is a little over, i would still buy it again.

on 5/23/2016 8:52:00 PM

This is my favourite foundation currently and I use it daily. As a model, we are required to wear no to minimal makeup to casting calls and this is the perfect foundation to use as the coverage is very light (lighter than Laura Mercier's TM) but it can be built up to medium coverage. It evens out skin tone but will not cover up your blemishes or dark circles as the coverage is very, very sheer. I like to use the MAC Pro Longwear concealer to pair with this foundation.

The thing I like about this foundation is that it will not look cakey no matter how much you layer it on. If you have dry skin, this foundation will be a dream for you. It has a dewy finish and it makes my face look radiant. I personally have combination skin and it works fine on me. The price is also very, very good as a big 120mL bottle is $44 CAD which is cheaper than most drugstore foundations if you do the math.

on 3/28/2016 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

so i have very dry skin and will always get dry patches when i put on foundation. i've tried tons of foundation from chanel to dior to elf , none of them work as well as this !! its very sheer and comfortable the coverage is buildable. no more dry patches after using this! I'm so happy with my purchase and i will definitely buy this again when i ran out!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

My main reasons for even purchasing this foundation from the start is because so many makeup artists use this foundation on their clients and it is regularly used on runway models as well, during fashion shows. So, I finally decided that I wanted to see what all the hype was about, so I purchased it, and I must say that it is a really good buy, however, if you have skin that is very broken out or you happen to have major discoloration on your face, or if you happen to have oily or even very oily skin, there are things that you must be very aware of with this foundation.

It provides the most natural coverage of any foundation I have ever tried. However, it does have the most liquidy texture out of any foundation that I have ever used, and do currently own. I apply it with MAC's 190 brush, which is what is actually recommended on MAC's website to be used with this foundation. So, that way, I can get buildable coverage. The coverage this foundation provides ranges from sheer -to-light-medium at best. This is not a full coverage foundation, however there's no claims that says that is what it is designed to provide. And, no, I do not use any primer underneath this foundation. Even though I do own face primers, I only wear them for special occasions, as I honestly don't feel the need to wear such every time I wear foundation at all. Plus, I don't apply moisturizer underneath this foundation at all, because it would turn my face into an oil slick within a matter of a few hours, and I don't care for having a super greasy, looking face at all. I don't care to pile a whole lot stuff on my face at any given time, because it's just not good for the pores. It just leads to problems with pore congestion, black heads, whiteheads, and other types of acne. I just try to keep things as simple as possible, which I find works best.

I have sensitive, dry-to-very dry, acne prone skin. I also suffer with seborrheic dermatitis. I use the shade C2, (however in MAc, I have also been color matched to NC25, NW30 and NC30). I have pink to sometimes a peachy undertone to my face. This foundation is is the best shade match I have ever come across from MAC. It definitely suits my medium complexion very well. I know that some people find the best way to apply this foundation is with their hands, and I have even used a small stippling brush to apply it, but for best coverage with this foundation, nothing I've tried compares to the MAC 190 brush. Unless you have completely flawless or very near flawless skin, you could get away with possibly using a beauty blender. However, beauty blenders (and its dupes) are notorious for sucking up most of the foundation into the sponge. So, that's a lot of product that ends up being wasted (along with ones $$$).

Even though my skin is acne prone, I don't suffer with major acne issues at this time only because I use generic Retin A 0.1 cream to control such. My skin doesn't react well to a lot of foundations, because all of them have the propensity to cause breakouts. Some more so than others. And, I have dealt with using both high and low end foundations that have broken me out like crazy.

Because my skin is very dry, it can stand the bit of added hydration this foundation provides (as the foundation is not oil free). The foundation without powder over it has a type of naturally dewy finish that it leaves on the skin. I can get away with using this foundation with or without setting powder over it (based upon the seasons). However, when it is very warm or hot and extremely humid out, wearing a setting powder over this foundation is a definite must. However, individuals with combo, oily, or very oily skin will need to use a setting powder over this foundation all year round.

For those individuals who have lots of breakouts and still want to use this foundation, I would highly recommend using a full coverage concealer over the breakouts, so that you can fully conceal them. The same can be said for those individuals that have lots of hyper pigmentation issues as well. And, for those with oily or very oily skin, I highly recommend using a translucent, mattifying setting powder over this foundation. Not all setting powders are created alike so, definitely find one that truly works best for you.

As long as MAC keeps making this foundation, I will definitely always continue to buy it. Yes, I do own other foundations, but this foundation is one that will forever remain a main stay in my makeup stash, no matter what. To al newbies to this foundation, after you start using itfoundation, it does start to separate within the bottle, not very bad, but it definitely is noticeable. However, all you have to do is give the bottle a really good shake (which is what you're supposed to do before you use this foundation anyways), and everything will be all good. Oh, and the foundation does have a slight, orangey scent, but it is very light and is basically non-existent after you start wearing the foundation. Unlike a lot of other high end foundations, it does not contain parfum, as that is absolutely terrible for anyone to put in a foundation. It can cause severe allergic reactions on ones face, plus, who wants to deal with having a perfume factory on your face all day anyways (no matter what the brand name is).

I don't really have any cons in regards to this foundation, because it does exactly what it says it's going to do. It doesn't come with a whole lot of false claims like a lot of so many foundations on the market do. It performs exactly like I expected it to. Which is why, I will definitely keep buying it. Also, it is the only foundation from MAC that I have come across that does not break me out. Which is an absolute miracle, because unfortunately a lot of their face products have given me bad acne in the past. But, luckily this foundation never has.

Oh, and I've never bought the 4 oz. bottle from any MAC store, I have only purchased it from online.