Darphin Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover

Darphin Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover

4.4

on 2/21/2016 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very gentle, yet effective eye makup remover. I have very sensitive eyes, but this one does not sting, burn, nothing at all. The mascara comes off very easily without harming the eye contour.
True must have for those of you with sensitive eyes, wearing (non waterproof) mascara.

on 12/9/2015 3:05:00 PM

Review for the: Darphin Eye Makeup Remover Solution in the purple bottle,125ml.

This stings my eyes if I get too up close and personal, therefore, not great in my book. It isn't the most effective cleanser, sometimes I may need more than one cotton pad back and front for each eye.
I bought it seeing it was 50% off retail price (10 euros i.e. 11 US dollars, from 20 euros) It has a very strong algae/seeweed-y scent, reminded me a bit like thalgo products' scent. It's not very conditioning for my dry skin but does make my eye area look and feel pretty smooth afterwards and not oily and "heavy" so for that reason, I may repurchase if I do not find something else similar in texture. It worked pretty nicely as a toner I will add.
I used one cotton pad front and back for each eye.

Update: Repurchased this as it does leave my eye area feeling and looking rather smooth. I also use it as a toner which works really well as that! Will keep re purchasing. About to buy my third bottle.

To Read all 7 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/6/2015 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

UPDATE 11/24/15 - Darphin's "Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover" has been discontinued. I assume it has been replaced by their "Eye Make Up Remover" that I inadvertently ordered online assuming it was the same product as I used before. The new remover is a slightly thick fluid that has a Medicinal smell. I experienced slight stinging around the eye area upon application, but I'll give more time. It did remove the Chanel mascara and I'm hoping that it is conditioning as well. Finding a conditioning eye-make up remover that removes mascara and conditions lashes is a challenge. What a hassle as I ordered online.

Original Review: I used to purchased Darphin's eye makeup remover when Neiman Marcus carried the entire Darphin line in their department store and I stopped using when they dropped the line. After years of trying different removers from drug store to high end, I decided to order online from the Darphin website and glad I did.

Pros: Gently and effectively removes mascara. Conditions and strengthens lashes resulting in thicker and longer lashes. It does NOT not leave any sticky residue and there is no stinging or burning my sensitive eyes. I'll keep using this product despite the cons.

Cons: Does not fully remove the Chanel Le Volume mascara that I use. I have to use two applications on a cotton pad to remove most of the mascara followed by my facial cleanser during my shower. The formula has been changed and the smell is medicinal. Price is expensive but lasts a long while.

This is my favorite eye makeup remover. NEVER irritates my eyes...ever. It's the only one I use now and I purchase it regularly. A must have.

I really really like this eye makeup remover. I usually have trouble with eye makeup remover irritating my eyes - especially non oil-based ones. This actually removed my makeup so easily with NO irritation at all and no redness around my eyes. I don't wear anything that is too difficult to remove but this easily gets off my mascara/eyeliner in one or two swipes. I don't know how well this would work with waterproof/crazy long lasting eye makeup because I haven't tried it. I also love that it doesn't leave my eye area gross and oily. Sometimes I just like to remove my eye makeup and go about my day or when I'm being lazy just go to bed and this makes my eyes feel clean. I've been using this a few weeks and I haven't even made a dent in the bottle. If this lasts 6 mos or so I will definitely repurchase.

on 1/28/2008 12:29:00 AM

This product is great - I've only been using it a few days & I love it. It's actually the first eye makeup remover I've used that's not bi-phasic (ie has the water based layer and oil based layer that you shake up), but it still does a great job at easily removing my eye makeup.

One of the nicest things about this product is that it is so cooling when you apply it - it almost feels like you've had the bottle in the fridge for 10 minutes. Because of this, it's great for refreshing and soothing tired and puffy eyes. It's so nice - highly recommended.

INGREDIENTS: Water, butylene glycol, glycerin, PPG-26-buteth-26, rose flower oil, centaurea cyanus flower exract, melilotus officinalis extract, panthenol, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, hydroxypropyl guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, cocamidopropyl PG-dimonium chloride phosphate, ehtylhexylglycerin, polyaminopropyl biguanide, tocopherol, citric acid, potassium sorbate, disodium edta, sodium benzoate, sodium methylparaben, geraniol V3A.

Wow, I love this stuff! Incredibly non-irritating, easy to use, make-up comes right off. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't remove as well as oil-based make-up removers. However, it is a lot more soothing and a lot less irritating. It's kind of expensive, but worth it!