4.3

price range

Reviews

2.0

a year ago

Doesn’t get all my make up off. Clinique TTDO still my holy grail for makeup removers. I suppose you pay for what you get. Edit: I use the IT cosmetics CC cream and there are traces of it on my cotton pad after using this balm & washing my face with soap.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrunette

a year ago

This stuff is soooooo nice. It is soft and lush. It feels nice on the skin and easily gets off all my makeup. It rinses clean without making my face feel dry or stripped. I wish the tin were deeper so that they could include more product, but the price point even for this amount is pretty reasonable. You don't need to use a lot.

About reviewer (164 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

a year ago

I am crazy in love with this product!! It's honestly my most favorite make up remover to date. I always have trouble trying to remove my mascara especially. And just by using a tad bit of the product, i manage to remove my mascara effortlessly. It doesn't irritate my skin, and it doesn't sting my eye (when i started using it i was rlly afraid at first that it would sting me but so far so good) After removing i wash my face straight with a facial cleanser, and it leaves my skin feeling so fresh, i too it off with the Tea Tree facial cleanser from body shop as well, because i have oily and my skin is acne prone. I use my fingers to pick on my eyelashes to make sure i remove my mascara properly, and there wasn't any residue left! Unlike the other make up removers i use, i would thought that i rlly got every single inch of mascara off my lashes, but then i wake up the next morning and my eyes were panda like. This time with this product it rlly did justice. Definitely sticking to this for a long long time

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrown

from

a year ago

This is one of my favourite products. I will forever repurchase. I used to use micellar water to remove makeup, but I found this took quite a while and sometimes there were bits of makeup still left on my skin. Plus, I felt that the wiping action wasn't very kind to my skin. I have also used remover oil, which are generally effective but often hurt my sensitive eyes. I tried this bodyshop product on a whim and I am so glad that I did. What I like about it: Firstly, it smells lovely- not too strong, but a soft clean scent. You only need to use a little bit to cover your face. My skin is quite sensitive, but this does not irritate my skin at all. It feels really smooth to use, it just glides along. I use it to remove my eye makeup and it never hurts my eyes or makes my vision cloudy like other products do. Best of all, this removes every single bit of makeup. It is the only makeup remover that doesn't make my skin feel sore, irritated or red after use. In fact, my skin feels quite soft- not like a layer of moisture has been removed. I use this to double cleanse, so I use a second facial cleanser after. However, I have used this on its own and then swiped a cotton pad with toner over my face and there was no makeup on the cotton pad, meaning it does the job very well. I'm so happy that the most effective makeup remover I've tried and the most gentle makeup remover I've tried are the same product!!! The bodyshop frequently have offers on too, so you can probably get it quite easily as part of one of their deals. I thought £10 was quite a lot to spend on a makeup remover, but my skin has definitely thanked me. It hasn't changed it dramatically (I would never expect that from a makeup remover) but this remover makes it a lot less irritated and it feels soft after using it. The product lasts much longer than a bottle of micellar water or a big pack of wipes, so it's actually quite good value.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

from

2 years ago

I love this product because I can apply it on my eyelashes with my fingers just like Dermalogica's precleanse, which I think is the gentlest way possible. It also cleans all kinds of eye make-up thoroughly. It's just not as magical as precleanse, but if you want a good make up remover more affordable than dermalogica, you can try this one.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBlack

2 years ago

I stumbled on cleansing balms about 6 months ago. I started with the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Makeup cleansing balm. This worked well but had a horrible chemical smell and in terms of cost it was priced high and with daily use removing face makeup it lasted less than one month. I then tried multiple other brands including Farmacy cleansing balm, Boots no 7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Balm, Bobbi Brown Cleansing Balm, and Pixi Cleansing Balm. This product beat them all. It removes every trace of makeup including mascara and rinses clean away, without requiring a second cleanse. The Body Shop has Promos where you buy 3 get 3 free making this an extremely affordable option. Even when not on special it is 1/3 the cost of IT Cosmetics, Bobbi Brown and Farmacy. Love this product and will never be without!!

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I like it but I still don't love it. I have oily skin and I normally do natural make up. This product is good. It cleanses all my make up (still need a bit of eye makeup remover for waterproof mascara). It leaves my skin moist but for my oily skin, it leaves too much moisture to the point that I feel uncomfortable instead. I double wash my face so I'm okay with that. But I think this product aims for people with dry skin (because of its moisture feeling after washing). I will go use another product when i run out of it. I may use it again if I can't find another cleanser that suiter for my skin. Again, go for it if you have dry skin.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

This product gives me life! It's my favorite makeup remover, hands down. I could use this stuff by the bucketload. It's packages nicely, although I wish there were more. The smell is very light, clean, and soothing. And the texture, like a whipped ultra moisturizing balm. It instantly removes even water proof makeup, without leaving skin thirsty and dry. Especially around the eyes, this stuff is magic and I love it!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I love how calming this is to skin overall - but if it gets into the eye area prepare for some stinging, eek! Also, you only need a really small amount to get a good clean in. I use this as the first step and follow with another cleanser.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I am absolutely loving this! I typically use Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil at night to remove all of my makeup and help keep my acne at bay. It's a bit annoying to find Origins where I live (for some reason this particular product is not sold at sephora) so I decided to try this cleansing butter instead. It's a wonderful product, removes all of my makeup and sunscreen and feels so nice on my skin. My skin is left very soft and clean but not dry at all. I do use a micellar water after this product to remove a bit of the residue that's left (I also did this with the origins oil). I went back to The Body Shop and bought 4 more as part of their 4/$44 sale. Will continue to repurchase.

About reviewer (966 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure