The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

on 10/25/2017 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I stumbled on cleansing balms about 6 months ago. I started with the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Makeup cleansing balm. This worked well but had a horrible chemical smell and in terms of cost it was priced high and with daily use removing face makeup it lasted less than one month. I then tried multiple other brands including Farmacy cleansing balm, Boots no 7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Balm, Bobbi Brown Cleansing Balm, and Pixi Cleansing Balm.
This product beat them all. It removes every trace of makeup including mascara and rinses clean away, without requiring a second cleanse. The
Body Shop has Promos where you buy 3 get 3 free making this an extremely affordable option.
Even when not on special it is 1/3 the cost of IT Cosmetics, Bobbi Brown and Farmacy.
Love this product and will never be without!!

I like it but I still don't love it.

I have oily skin and I normally do natural make up. This product is good. It cleanses all my make up (still need a bit of eye makeup remover for waterproof mascara). It leaves my skin moist but for my oily skin, it leaves too much moisture to the point that I feel uncomfortable instead. I double wash my face so I'm okay with that. But I think this product aims for people with dry skin (because of its moisture feeling after washing). I will go use another product when i run out of it. I may use it again if I can't find another cleanser that suiter for my skin.

Again, go for it if you have dry skin.

on 11/27/2016 2:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I am absolutely loving this! I typically use Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil at night to remove all of my makeup and help keep my acne at bay. It's a bit annoying to find Origins where I live (for some reason this particular product is not sold at sephora) so I decided to try this cleansing butter instead. It's a wonderful product, removes all of my makeup and sunscreen and feels so nice on my skin. My skin is left very soft and clean but not dry at all. I do use a micellar water after this product to remove a bit of the residue that's left (I also did this with the origins oil). I went back to The Body Shop and bought 4 more as part of their 4/$44 sale. Will continue to repurchase.

I love how calming this is to skin overall - but if it gets into the eye area prepare for some stinging, eek!

Also, you only need a really small amount to get a good clean in. I use this as the first step and follow with another cleanser.

love love !! was going to buy the cleansing oil but the sales assistant reccomended this instead saying its better value for money. is on the pricey side nz$ 32.5 for a very small tin but i will definately be buying again just for the smell ! smells delicious. i use to remove makeup before i cleanse again. gentle on eyes and even after two or three weeks of daily use i havent even used much of the product. i wouldnt rely on it to fully remove makeup but before you cleanse with regular cleanser or exfoliater is perfect expecially since its quite oily you wont strip oils from your skin while double cleansing .

on 7/10/2017 5:46:00 AM

This product gives me life!
It's my favorite makeup remover, hands down. I could use this stuff by the bucketload.
It's packages nicely, although I wish there were more. The smell is very light, clean, and soothing. And the texture, like a whipped ultra moisturizing balm. It instantly removes even water proof makeup, without leaving skin thirsty and dry. Especially around the eyes, this stuff is magic and I love it!

on 9/2/2016 6:19:00 PM

This balm melts to a thin oil, which breaks down makeup but lacks that luxurious and rich feeling. While the product does a good job of dissolving even heavy eye makeup, it does not wash off easily. Actually, even after splashing and massaging with warm water, an oily film with makeup residue is left on my face. Which means I need to second cleanse. This would be okay if only the balm didn't irritate my eye area already. Plus for good packaging and reasonable price (although you use it up quickly). Not recommended.

on 7/30/2016 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm pretty disappointed with this, and here is why.
First of all, it feels oily on the skin. Second, although it feels pretty rich, you actually do need a hefty quantity in order to remove everything. Third, even so, it does take a lot of effort and rubbing around, especially if you are trying to remove even moderate eye makeup, and still it usually doesn't take everything off. With really heavy eye makeup or stubborn mascara, forget it. Fourth, as you remove it with water, if leaves a greasy, slimy, film-y feeling behind. And last but not least, at 13 euros for the quantity you get, this is definitely on the pricy side.
To be honest I was looking for a cheaper and hopefully better alternative to Clinique's Take the day off balm, but this is actually just as expensive if you do the math, and it's also not better. In some aspects, especially the greasy film it leaves, this is even worse.
It's really effective only for skin makeup, namely foundation, concealer and the like. But most mu removers are effective for that. Eye makeup removal is where it's all at for most of us, and for that I wouldn't recommend this product.

on 7/27/2016 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

The makeup remover is not that bad..it feels very greasy on d face but can be easily washed off...it takes off makeup well but it stings my eyes n i get zits when I use it on my face

The packaging is not hygienic at all,specifically when m rubbing my face with d product n need some more product then I have to dip my fingertips covered in makeup back in d tub as a result my makeup gets transferred to d tub.

on 9/24/2016 7:29:00 AM

Love this cleansing balm. Gets all my makeup off without having to rub hard or anything. That said, I use this as a first step in my cleansing routine and use a different cleanser to actually clean my face afterwards. It might work on dry skin to just wash this off after use with a washcloth, but I don't think it's meant to be left on the skin. I find I don't need a large amount of the product for makeup removal, so it lasts me a long time.