Lancome Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Make-up Remover

Lancome Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Make-up Remover
Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Make-up RemoverBi-Facil Double Action Eye Make-up RemoverBi-Facil Double Action Eye Make-up Remover

4.1

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Green 6, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Chloride, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Dipotassium Phosphate, Copper Sulfate, Geraniol, Disodium Edta, Potassium Phosphate, Citronellol, Hexylene Glycol, Fragrance.

on 1/8/2017 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I received a full size bottle of this as part of a Lancome makeup kit. It's one of those "silicone and water" solution formulas that you shake up before applying. I prefer to use a makeup pad instead of a cotton ball, and I get it good and wet with the remover before applying it to my eyes. I recommend just pressing it on your eye for a minute to remove the makeup before wiping the residue away. This remover takes away everything quickly and gently. However, you have to use quite a bit of it and it's expensive. That's why I only gave it four lipsticks. Generally, I use Avon's eye makeup remover, which I usually get on sale for a $1.99. But I might purchase the Lancome remover again if it were gift with purchase time or some other promotion.

on 12/21/2016 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got it a sample size for this remover. I think It's pretty good! can easily remove my waterproof eyeliner with 2-3 swipes, but you have to pour it quite much on cotton pad until it's wet enough both side.
you can save it by using only 1 cotton pad for both eyes, just use one of each side.
it's also safe for contact lens wearer, but i'd rather to take off my contact first before apply it.
because it leaves a greasy feeling on my eyes.

As it's only for eye makeup remover, so i have to use other product to remove whole makeup on my face. I'm not wearing heavy makeup on daily so i think it's not efficient and economical for me. I would better use makeup remover all-in-one like the bodyshop camomile cleansing oil or clinique take day off makeup remover.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Works amazingly well at removing eye makeup. Although it is quite oily looking, it does not leave an oily/greasy residue. It rinses clean and does not irritate the eye area. Great product, but expensive. It is odorless.

on 11/30/2016 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a very effective makeup remover. I wear hardcore foundation that takes a triple cleansing routine to get completely off, and this would easily save me two and a half of those steps. HOWEVER, this is one of the most highly allergenic cleansing products I have ever used. If you have even slight tendencies toward sensitivity, don't go near this. A counter rep used this on a friend of mine and she was almost crying five minutes into the makeover. I got a sample in a gift with purchase and I use it only if I absolutely must and I know I can wash it off immediately and completely!

It is also, like most Lancome skin products, unjustifiably expensive. Save 10 bucks and possibly a layer of skin and use the Clinique version, which is extremely sensitive-friendly, and almost as effective.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I got this in a trial size bundled with mascara and eyeliner and I just tried it last night to remove my eye makeup. I shook it up first, and then tried putting it on a cotton pad, and holding it on my eye for about 60 seconds. Not much was on the pad when I pulled it away, so I was unimpressed. Then I tried a cotton round thinking the pad had absorbed the product, but I had the same result. Then I tried putting a little bit in my hands (like 2 tablespoons), rubbing them together, then patted it on my eye area. My 4 coats of mascara came off so easily... I was amazed. The little mascara fibers were still intact, but they came off with no rubbing, and there was absolutely none left stuck on my lashes like with other removers. I wasn't wearing waterproof or anything, but I usually have trouble removing my mascara all the way (Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara). I don't think this mascara came off easily because it's 'drugstore' either. It's long wearing and sticks on my lashes just as much as high end mascaras I've used (LancĂ´me Hypnose Drama, Urban Decay Perversion, Benefit Rollerlash).

This LancĂ´me stuff is gentler, faster and not as messy as other methods I've tried. I usually use an oil cleanser (like DHC deep cleansing oil), but I find that I run too much and lose lashes, and also the oil always makes my vision blurry because it gets ON my eyeball. I've used other liquid eye makeup removers before (like Almay or Neutrogena) and they don't compare. I've tried Pond's cold cream, and it works great and is gentle but messy to use and also coats my eye with oil. I've tried those little Almay pads, and I have to use 3-4 per eye, and press them on my eye for 5 minutes since I don't want to scrub my eye and make lashes fall out. But don't press too firmly or you'll bruise your stupid eyeballs, which I did one night when I really, really wanted to go to bed.

So yeah. LancĂ´me bi-facil works really well. It didn't make my vision blurry even after I saturated my eye area with it multiple times. After I put the remover all over my eyes, I rinsed with water to get all the mascara junk off my face. It doesn't emulsify, but it doesn't leave behind a heavy residue either. It felt similar to a using a moisturizing toner or emulsion. My eye area was clean, but not completely stripped of all moisture like when using an oil cleanser. I washed my face and eye area (using a milk cleanser), but I would have been fine leaving the bi-facil on my eye area after just rinsing with water. I'm going to begrudgingly buy the full size, despite my apathy to LancĂ´me as a brand. I feel like a lot of their products are purposefully intimidating with their gibberish-French names and hard to discern functions, but the hype is real on this one.

on 10/25/2016 11:21:00 AM

I received this eye makeup remover as a free gift with a recent purchase. This product does the job. It removes eye makeup easily without a lot of effort but so do many other less expensive eye makeup removes. You can get the same result with a product that is half the price. It was nice to try for free but I don't think i would purchase it.

on 9/24/2016 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I got this in a sample size and it is good - it works. But so do so many other makeup removers. It's nothing special ingredients wise, and it's similar to Neutrogena or the knock off store brands of it. I prefer Lumene and have been using it for years. They're all fairly alike. There are other brands I don't like, but as far as these types that have the two separate liquids, it's in the same league. I can't give it a bad review because it's expensive, but it's also not something I'd ever purchase because it's just totally unnecessary to pay that much imo. But if you want to, yes it works fine. I can't even in all honesty say "amazing" though. Like in a blind test I just honestly don't think it performs any better than any of the others. I also that pretty rose is just fragrance. Not real rose oil/water. I hate when companies do that. Mario Badescu Rosewater spray does that too.

on 9/7/2016 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

There are drugstore alternatives that work as well as, if not better than this makeup remover; there is one from garnier that removed waterproof mascara and eyeliner with only one or two swipes with a cotton pad. The garnier one is as gentle as lancome's and is at a fraction of the cost. Do not spend $30 on a small bottle of this. It works but is not worth it.

on 8/29/2016 11:26:00 PM

Love this! Typically I wear shadow (powder), liner and mascara (sometimes primer/sometimes concealer). I do not wear waterproof mascara. I take a cotton ball, soak some of this up, let it sit on my eye for about 10 seconds then wipe; it just takes everything off. I typically end up using 3 cotton balls. One for each eye, then one to clean up anything left over. What I really like about this is that while it is slick, it does not feel greasy/oily. I also like that it does not sting my eyes - at all. It is expensive, but a little goes a long way. I haven't used a ton of other eye make-up removers, so I might try something else due to the price, but from what I have tried (Mary Kay, Clinique, Clinique Cleansing Balm, Vaseline, Ponds) this is far and away the best.

on 7/9/2016 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

In my part of the world, 125ml (half a cup) = $55.

I have to say, I absolutely cannot fault this make up remover. It's very effective in removing all traces of waterproof make up. To remove my eyeliner, I use a Q tip, and soak my eyelids. Then I gently remove all make up with a cotton pad. Voila!

However, the price is a deal breaker for me. There are many products which are just as effective. Essentially, the 'active' part of an makeup remover for water proof make up is oil. Cheaper products like Garnier work just as well - and it won't break the budget!