Lancôme Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Make-up Remover

Lancôme Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Make-up Remover
Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Make-up RemoverBi-Facil Double Action Eye Make-up RemoverBi-Facil Double Action Eye Make-up Remover

4.1

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Green 6, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Chloride, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Dipotassium Phosphate, Copper Sulfate, Geraniol, Disodium Edta, Potassium Phosphate, Citronellol, Hexylene Glycol, Fragrance.

on 3/1/2019 11:40:00 PM

This product does exactly what it says it will - remove eye makeup. I usually buy drugstore micellar water and the ones I have tried don’t work as well as this. They either don’t remove all the eye makeup (and I wake up with black smudges the next morning as it continues wearing off through the night) or I feel a left-over residue on my skin and have to go in with a washcloth after.

This one makes the skin around my eyes feel soft and I think the word “conditioned” Lancome uses on the product description is spot on. I’ve had products feel oily/greasy after application and this product doesn’t make my skin feel like that.

Also, although expensive I don’t need a lot of product to remove my makeup so a small travel size bottle has lasted me a while. Honestly, until I find a drugstore brand that works on this level I can’t even ding this on price (and usually these more expensive products lose a lippie from me because I know there are drugstore dupes)!

I have to wipe a bit to get product off my eyes vs easy removal of eye makeup and using fragrance (one of the ingredients) around my eyes to remove bothers me, also don't like top builds up product on lid of bottle

Got a sample as a GWP and since I've read rave reviews and I like other Lancome products, I brought this on a weekend trip with my partner. Removed my makeup with it and INSTANTLY my eyes started burning and turning bright red. If you don't know the feeling of having bumps and blisters on your actual eyeballs, count yourself lucky - it's not something I would recommend. Especially not on what was supposed to be a nice weekend getaway.

I looked over the ingredients once I got my eyesight back (which took a few days and cost me a doctors' visit and expensive eye drops), and was appalled to find that this contains Quaternium-15, which is a well known skin irritant and allergen - one of the most common allergens, in fact. I can't believe that a high end brand would use such a hazardous ingredient in one of their flagship products.

If you have sensitive skin or are prone to allergies, STAY FAR AWAY from this concoction!!!

on 11/19/2018 8:44:00 AM

I really want to like this product but I just can't. It leaves my skin with a residue that I cannot WAIT to get off of my skin, and is extremely expensive. A plain old miceller water will do the trick!

on 8/23/2018 3:42:00 AM

Best eye makeup remover I've ever tried. I've been using it for 15+ years and loving it. I get eyelash extensions now, so I'm looking for an oil free formula to preserve the life of my lashes. But if it weren't for the extensions, I would stick with this. It's expensive, but one bottle lasts me a very long time. The way I use it is by first wetting my eyes so the mascara (I use non waterproof) and eye shadow will come off more easily. Then I run the cotton pads I'm going to use under cold water and press on them to get the excess water out. Then I apply this on top of the wet cotton pads and rub across my lids and voila! My eye makeup comes off like a dream.

on 7/11/2018 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This eye-make up remover is great at taking off waterproof mascara without getting greasy. It's pricey but if I were rich, I would buy this over Mineral oil.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It's not very often I come across an eye makeup remover that does the trick for sensitive eyes, but this is one of them. Using a cotton pad I'm able to remove all traces of eye makeup, usually with no more than a couple of sweeps and no stinging! Also leaves the eye area lightly moisturized, but yet not oily. The only downside is when travelling the bottle leaks, which is why I transfer to a small leakproof travel bottle if I'm out of town, as that's the only way to keep it from spilling everywhere. I tend to purchase this during holiday promotions as you can sometimes pick up a double pack that saves money.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

I love this & have been using it since it came out (years ago)...gentle and effective.

Was trying to review Lancôme's new Face Makeup Remover but can't find it, so will
review it here:

I don't have sensitive skin but this burned my face a bit and made it red...got it as
part of a GWP, so beware & don't buy it.

I use Chanel Anti-Pollution Face Makeup Remover (because I got it as a small sample)
and loved it so much that I bought a bottle...not cheap but my 70 yr-old skin deserves it.
I use it morning and night unless washing my face with water and Lancôme Exfoliante
Comfort (which I have been using for many years).

on 5/1/2018 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I'd say this is the best makeup remover I've ever tried.

on 4/9/2018 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is excellent at removing stubborn eye makeup. The bottle itself lasts me a long time as I only take it out when I need the extra elbow grease. It does not need extra effort to remove, very gentle but very effective. Eye makeup seems to breakdown easily when in contact with this product. This is great with mascaras that have a tendency to smudge (leaves minimal smudging behind) or not budge (waterproof), also good at removing eyelash glue! I’ve had no issues with it irritating my eyes.. the product itself leaves an oil film around the eyes, so definite post cleanse is needed. Is it a necessary purchase... no, because there are some really good EMR out there at less the price... but I am glad to have this bottle, great for backup breakdown.

Video Reviews & Tutorials