4.3

$22.00 on Nordstrom
Shop Now

Reviews

a month ago

Bought this in soft ochre to use as a base to cancel out red and purple tones on my eyelids and make them look neutral. Works like a charm; even when I was doubtful ANY creamy product would not be oily and crease: this does NOT! After this I apply any eye shadow color I want and it holds the shadow just like a quality primer would, but cancels out unwanted colors in one step. YAY!! (No need to use UD primer or any under this as primers only provide a wrinkle free canvas and adhesion and do nothing to negate red/blue/purple tones which is an issue for me.) Edited: because of the varying reviews I've come to the conclusion that the COLOR you buy may be a different formulation and the results may differ. All I can review is the soft ochre.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

7 months ago

This color is a cool pinkish beige, for those whom Soft Ochre seems too yellow. It's a base color or a primer; works with Grounded (soft brown) as a full eye or as an eye primer, which is how I use it. One swipe of the finger tip and I have a base for eye shadow. It does work well as a primer but I don't have oily lids. Nor does it crease. They seem to have improved the Paint Pots to the point where they don't dry out badly over time, however, it will shrink and pull away from the sides of the pot. Doesn't seem to affect the texture or performance, however. A bit better application is with a taklon concearler-type flat brush. It lasts a VERY long time in the pot so you have plenty of primer or base shadow if you need it. Though I have a tube of Too Faced Shadow Insurance, this is what I use every day as I like the base color it deposits.

About reviewer (246 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

1.0

8 months ago

Foul. Greasy and Creasy. Everyone told me on my nw20-30 skin painterly was the one to get. I tried so many times. It creased always even when I applied primer under (defeats purpose imo), powder over, then shadow. Plus the color just no. Now, I have finally found a winner in the shade soft ochre. For one, the yellow cancels redness on the lid and for 2 it’s drier and doesn’t crease. Pink toned people with oily lids be warned.

About reviewer (389 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

9 months ago

I like this eye shadow primer very much. It is definitely suitable for oily skin. The texture is creamy and the formula is long-lasting. I put my makeup at 7 AM and it starts creasing around 7-8 PM. It has buildable coverage and it works well with other eye products that are not from MAC. It evens the skin tone and covers up pretty well my veins. You can use your fingers to apply it or a brush, but I definitely prefer to do it with my fingers. I tested it even in Spain during the summer, where is very hot and humid. My eyeliner and eye shadows did not budge during the whole day, even though my face was oily and I needed to blot and reapply powder frequently. I am very proud of it and would buy this again, which will not happen soon, since a little goes a long way.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

a year ago

I really like this as a primer for eye shadow, but it’s not a love for me. I am between NC30 - NC35, light olive skin. This is a hair cooler than ideal for me. Pros: evens out your eye area and covers veins and general uneven color. Works as a base for eyeshadow and make the color look more vivid and shadow stays put and lasts WAY longer with this underneath. Cons: it’s just good, nothing about it is HG though One tip for people saying these dry out quickly - keep it stored upside down on its lid after using. I’m not sure why this works but it does, your paint pot will last much longer this way.

About reviewer (69 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

a year ago

I've been searching for an eyeshadow primer to replace my Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion. The Urban Decay one makes my eyeshadow stay on for 12 hours, but a full size tube lasts for only 1 month so I have repurchased this for 6 months and for 24 dollars I think that it's not a good value. I tried this Mac one and I've been using this every day for 1 month. I have really oily eyelids and I didn't like this eyeshadow primer at first because it only made my eyeshadow last 7 hours. I've discovered a trick to make this work better. I cleansed my eyelids with Dermalogica precleanse before applying this primer and set it with my Lancome Long time no shine powder before applying my eyeshadow. This trick made my eyeshadow stay on for 10 hours, and I have read reviews that this pot lasts for several months so I think it is a good value for the price. Will repurchase.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Olive

HairBrunette

a year ago

I love this product and the colour. I have never used a cream eyeshadow before but after my eye lift I decided to try something new. I use this colour as my all over eye base before adding my smokey brown shadow. It’s fab the colour is quite subtle and Matte but it’s staying power is phenomenal and it doesn’t crease. I just scrape a little off the top of the pot with my nail and rub it on my hand to soften then apply with my finger and it goes on really nicely and my eyeshadow blends in fab with it. I wear the painterly when going out and the soft ochre daily for work. I’ll definately be buying other colours.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

EyesBlue

a year ago

I love it as an eyeshadow base since it covers tiny capillares on my eyelids. It creates clean canvas without causing troubles while I’m blending eyeshadows. I gave it a 4 since in the summer when my lids are more oily it’s not long lasting (like 5-6 hours max).

About reviewer (135 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesBlack

a year ago

This has definitely improved my eyeshadow wear time and helps to prevent shifting and creasing. I have been loving this over using an eyeshadow primer for two reasons: 1) I can see where I put it to make sure I cover my entire eyelid evenly and right down to my lash line, an area where I seem to sometimes miss and 2) it gives my eye area an even color so I don’t have to rely on my eyeshadow alone to cover any discoloration. It dries quickly so those who have problems with creasing will love this because it sets before it can shift. Even though MAC describes it as a nude beige, I think it is slightly pink in color and is a good choice for cool skin tones or when working with cool toned eyeshadows and palettes.

About reviewer (315 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

from

a year ago

I wanted to share a tip I just discovered. This works incredibly well with a tiny damp beauty blender! I had stopped using it because it was making my eyelids look more crepey then I cared for. Instead of throwing it out I decided to give it one last try by shearing it out this way. What great results I got! I’m very happy about this because I have blue veins that show through my eyelids and always have had trouble covering them.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair