Estee Lauder Youth Dew Bath Oil

Estee Lauder Youth Dew Bath Oil

4.6

on 5/19/2017 9:25:00 AM

I've only sniffed the YD perfume, but I love this oil with the passion of a thousand fiery suns.

On me, Youth Dew radiates the impression of warmth but in actuality has more of a cool vibe. That juxtaposition is one of the reasons why I like it so much. The patchouli base is smooth, not overwhelming; the moss & vetiver surround it and it morphs into a crisper, cleaner patchouli. The middle spice notes keep everything warm, inviting, sexy. The florals are airy, wispy, traveling over the whole shebang like ghosts.

Youth Dew oil morphs with the seasons. In summer, the warmth of my skin heats it up to ancient concubine level sultriness, without blasting everyone in the face with scent. It is heavy & potent, but it stays close. This is my favorite incarnation. During cool weather, the greener aspects are amplified, and it projects a different soul - less sultry, more introspective and haunting, still beautiful.

I completely understand that Youth Dew is not for everyone. I think it has to blend harmoniously with both your skin chemistry AND your personality. This is hard to explain, but it makes sense to me. When I asked for it at the Estee Lauder counter, the young lady that assisted me was overjoyed that someone still liked Youth Dew: "I'm just glad young people can still appreciate it..."

The oil is $35 and will last forever, since you really only need a few drops. I should keep mine in the box; it's a darker oil, and it will keep longer if I do, but it makes me happy just to look at it. Also, oils are so versatile - I plan on making a linen spray out of this, maybe add a couple drops to my homemade sea salt spray. I don't take baths (blasphemy, I know), so it will last me even longer.

Be right back, going to reapply and pretend I'm lounging on silk pillows (my comfy bed), smoking hash (watching Netflix), preparing to seduce an unsuspecting attractive young Roman soldier (no one). (Also, I watch too much HBO.)

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I love the Youth Dew perfume, so out of curiosity this bath oil had been on my list of things to get and I now have got myself a bottle of this.
I am not impressed with the packaging as there was no cellophane around the box, so tapering would be easily possible. The bottle is so small for the same price average as the perfume.
This oil smells very similar, if not exactly the same as the perfume to me. The versatility of the oil makes me happy to have it, to layer it with the perfume, use it as a bath oil or I can use it on its own as an oil perfume. So this is a good purchase for me. I wish other perfume houses made a bath oil to match their perfumes, it takes up so much less space compared to the regular size perfume bottle.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought a vintage 1.oz bottle almost a year ago and I definitely don't regret it. The name is terrible and doesn't do it justice but I guess that's matter of taste. It smells amazing to me, it's right there in between raw and clean smelling. It's a spicy, dark and sweet (Like myrrh incense, balsam and spices) scent, that makes me think of a mysterious woman or a seance. I have the perfume but it just doesn't hold up to the vintage oil. The perfume is drier, more powdery, less balsamic and with harsher top notes. It calms down after a while but you have to be careful applying. With this, a drop is more than plenty for pulse points. It won't scream at everyone around you but whisper seductively to those close enough, which in my opinion is how perfume works best. It seems to change a little from person to person, on me it turns even sweeter after a few hours. It has great lasting power, the smell lingers even after a full day and I bet the newer bottles are even stronger. I wouldn't dare waste this as an actual bath oil, it doesn't seem like a great bargain.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product. It's incredibly warm, comforting, and gorgeous. I use it as a skin perfume, and also in the bath. It's particularly wonderful with powdered milk in the bath. Five stars !!

Youth Dew Bath Oil: This Scorpio went out and bought this Nerfetiti's potion for herself on her 32nd birthday in 2015. I am a huge fan of patchouli, vetiver and myrrh in pure essential oil form....but others I love cannot handle so much earthy growl...I never thought of those earthy scents as sexual as much as I found them to be religious contemplative scents. Others act perplexed when I explain that I find so called "dirty" scents as temple scents. Anyways, I wanted a "magi" scent, something that smelled like what the Wise Men brought the Infant Christ...but I wanted it to be wearable (and I find peo vetiver and patchouli wearable but others have informed me I smoke them out of the building like Elvis' Ghost). Youth Dew bath oil is perfect! Incense, mysterious, dark and....leather! Smells of my Papaw, was a craftsman of tooled leather. So, Youth Dew is a cross between a Catholic Church, a gypsy witch, and a new Cadillac. Now that it is November, I drink a box of Consant Comment a week and I love how YD has hints of that Cinnamon orange concoction. One more thing: my great grandma soaked spiced fruit cakes in rum and Youth Dew Smells how those tasted!!!

on 9/28/2014 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I mistakenly posted my review of the vintage bath oil under youth dew fragrance because the bath oil is the only way that I can imagine wearing youth dew as a fragrance. I cannot imagine ever wearing this as a spray EdP. It would be too much. I recommend only wearing one single dab of the bath oil on the wrist (then touching your other wrist or body) in order to get a lush, warm, amber skin scent that is noticeable only up close.

A single dab dries down to an herbal effect that is thematically in the same rough vicinity as vintage vol de nuit extrait. (Youth dew is sharper, more powdery and soapy in comparison to vintage vol de nuit). But, it is also significantly less expensive and easier to obtain.

This does not have a dated 'old lady' connotation to me. My grandmother, one of the most beautiful women I know, preferred white florals and jasmine based perfume. My mother preferred not to wear fragrance. To me, if youth dew has a 'vintage' feeling, it is reminiscent of finely milled european soap found in luxury hotels.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Swanky, boozy, sultry!! I will wear this often. It also doesn't break the bank. It's sort of powdery, I think of red lips & the scent of Coty loose airspun face powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this because it reminds me of my mother. I used to go sneaking into her perfume drawer and smell this. My mother has a bottle and it's been at least 20 years but when I smelt it again, I was transported back to my childhood.
This bath oil is absolutely divine! Yes, it smells mature but not grandmotherly. It's very comfortating and sensual, dark and mysterious.
I am going to purchase this right now, even though I just bought "Tuscany per donna" (which I love too).
I will wear this and maybe when my daughter grows up, she will love this too. t's almost like a family heirloom hahaha

WHAT THE HELL ARE PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT!! This is such a beautiful, complex, and magical perfume at an OK price. I am in love<3! I am a young 19 year old, and i do not think this perfume smells like dead people. I was hoping so much that it wouldn't smell as BAD as people said it would! I was so scared, but this.. this is pure classiness! I am a lover of complex fragrances such as Chanel No. 5, Lolita Lempicka, Tabu, Shalimar, Chanel "Coco" (the first one, not the Coco Mademoiselle), Opium, Hypnotic Poison, Poison, and so much more. THIS perfume, deserves just as much credibility as those other perfumes that i mentioned.
I bought the bath oil (which i recommend more because its a higher concentration meaning you can just apply a tiny finger bad and it will smell as if you sprayed one or two times), and its amazing!! THAT IS ALL YOU NEED, ONE SMALL DAB on either your neck, back of knees, your wrist, or in between your breast and THATS IT!

This perfume smells of patchouli, amber, jasmine, orange, cinnamon, cloves, tabacco, woodiness, ( i get a bit of civet smell), musk, (some aldehydes). I just applied it 20 mins ago so im sure the smell will change to its different notes. BUT THIS PERFUME IS GREAT!

For people that say this is an "old lady perfume", i like do disagree a bit with the wording. Older type of fragrance from a different time, YES. Only old ladies wear this perfume, NO. I wear Tabu, a perfume that smells just a bit similar to this and i have gotten compliments from many males my age, my fathers age, and my grandfathers age. So there is no logic in saying men will dislike this. I am sure those "old ladies" are still getting hit on by those old gentlemen!

I guess now a days, the fragrance companies have changed due to the 90's gourmand movement, creating an audience that likes fruity, candy, sweet smells. Sadly, in my opinion, people now are so used to having people smell so simple, so... ONE note. This perfume is for people who are NOT AFRAID of having a complex smell and sultriness.

I can see this as a unisex perfume because it does have a sort of hippie incense bit to it. I once met a black man who has some hippie musky fragrance on, and let me tell you, HE SMELLED FREAKIN' GREAT!

I do see my mother and grandmother wearing this. My mother (who is 41 years old) says it smells great, and my father who is 42 also agrees. I dont consider them old folk.. i dont know anyone in their young 40's to be old..

Instantly, i get the image of a seductive, spicy, witty, smart, sexy, beautiful woman walking down with lovely hair, red beautiful lips and long eyelashes wearing this. If someone were to make love to someone wearing this, IT WOULD BE A LOVELY smell.

anywho.. i think i have written so much.. so let me just get down to the nitty gritty.

I AM a NINETEEN YEAR OLD YOUNG WOMAN who WEARS "Youth Dew", and gets compliments on THIS PERFUME by many people!

So if you want to smell like the above stated, wear this!

Expand your fragrance experience to complexed smells, soon enough, you will not go back!

PS. I do admit, "Youth Dew" is not a good name for this.. It needs a darker, velvet, mysterious name. "Youth Dew" doesnt give it justice.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

The bath oil is the only way to wear Youth Dew. It's all the boozy, rich spices without those metallic-sharp aldehydes, which are so strong in the edp. And a small ounce bottle lasts forever because you need only dab a tiny bit behind your ears and it scents your hair all day with soft spices.

I also want to add that I've noticed my little bottle has gotten better with age. Richer and some of the soapier notes have softened.

Popular Bath Treatments