no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

My mom gave this to me without saying much which usually means she doesn't care for it. It sat around a while, hidden in the back of my medicine cabinet for reasons I'll get to after I review the product itself. I decided to see if there were any reviews on MUA fully expecting there not to be but goshdaggit you people are on top of things! After reading the raves I (privately) pulled it from the recesses of the top shelf and started using it and yes! It's so good. My hair is fine and currently healthy/relatively unprocessed so it's easily weighed down by both rinse-out and some leave-in conditioners. This stuff gives it a sublime finish leaving it soft and smooth and glossy while maintaining it's body. Also, this one bottle has so far lasted a year with almost daily use. I don't have a lot of hair (shoulder blade length andfine/medium thickness) so two or three squirts will do it. OK. Now; the bottle is a cross between something you'd expect to find in a little girl's pretend makeup kit and a hardcore marital aid. Every single time it catches me by surprise, and my initial thought is JESUS I GOTTA HIDE THAT THING even though I know that's it's just a hair product, and, incidentally I don't own any sex toys so I'm not even sure why my mind goes there but there you have it.

About reviewer (240 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

6 years ago

I have fine, dry color treated hair but an oily scalp so I have to wash every day. I had been using the treatment products from the Aveda Salon that does my color. They're quite good but I added this to the mix. A couple of months later my stylist said "what are you doing to your hair?". I asked "why?". She said "I've never felt it this soft!". It's definitely the DHC product that made the difference and it really helps with getting a comb through my hair after showering.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

SkinDry, Other

HairRed

8 years ago

My dry, damaged, thick, and coarse hair loves this stuff!! The best way to describe this product is that its a sort of leave in conditioner type. Basically you wash your hair and apply this afterwards.This gets my hair super soft and manageable and let me tell you that is quite a feat for me! When DHC had this on sale (which they tend to do sometimes with certain products) I usually buy a good amount so I can stock up and never be without these babies! I will add though that I use this in conjunction with One n' Only Argan Oil and my hair is in sooo much better condition than its ever been!

About reviewer (65 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

8 years ago

My hair: 4 inches below my shoulders, fine but I have a ton of strands, wavy naturally, dry/frizzy and badly in need of a trim. My sitch: unemployed, so either have to trim my hair on my own or let it grow unchecked until I have the $ to spend on a good cut. DHC ABTE--my take: can't live without it when I just want to let my hair dry naturally. serves as a detangler, leave-in, frizz control, and curl constructor (because it's so light in texture my waves tend to spiral into loose curls) all with two to three pumps. Nice slip with minimal weight and SOFTNESS TO DIE FOR. since i prefer to spare my lock heat when possible, you can see why i like this multi-purpose, relatively cheap at $14 US(compared to it's a 10 which I believe is somewhere in the twenty dollar range) gem. I also use DHCs deep cleansing oil regularly so the shipping (economy) cost is split between them for a grand total of about $16. Plus, I love the loyalty discounts, points program, ect.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Other

8 years ago

Used up my 6 mL sample in 4 (?) uses with my middle-of-back length hair. Smells nice, introduced me to the concept of conditioning after showering (like lotion for your hair!). I'm not careful enough to apply this without globbing it on too heavily in certain places but I guess if I were to distribute it evenly in two hands first instead of just using one hand, it would be fine. (Hey, I'm lazy.) Would not buy just because I feel certain there should be something cheaper from the drugstore that fulfills the same function. I'm not picky about my hair though. Would happily use up a free sample if they sent it again. I don't dislike the product, I just don't see any reason to pay for it.

About reviewer (125 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

8 years ago

Wow - this is an incredible product. I've tried many hair treatments, serums, leave ins (Loma Pearatin Fortifying Repair Serum, Kevin Murphy Young Again, pure argan oil, Paul Brown Diamond Head) - all are very good but wow, this DHC product really impressed me. I used it today on my towel dried hair. I used two pumps (had just primed the product) - wow, I loved the way my hair looked and felt as I dried and styled it. I have fine, thinning, color treated hair and I just got back from a week of sun and swimming pools in the dry Palm Springs desert - my hair took a beating and my freshly done color now looked flat. After using the hair treatment my hair felt silky and soft and stayed manageable all day and it looked glossy and really perked up the color. I just had a bath and put another pump into my dry hair has a treatment - I can't get over how soft my hair feels! Better than it's felt in years. No greasies, no weight, no crunchy ends, no rough patches, no stubborn frizzies - just silky, healthy feeling hair. I love this product!

About reviewer (299 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

9 years ago

I am kicking, kicking, kicking myself for not repurchasing this when it was recently on sale. I've tried a lot of leave-in type conditioners and silicone serums to combat frizz, etc. and this is the best. I have fine color-treated hair and this doesn't make it look greasy or weigh it down. I tried the oil formula and that was a bit too heavy. The emulsion smells great, a light sage-y scent that doesn't linger. Comes in a cute, if somewhat suggestively shaped, pump bottle and one pump is enough for my just-to-the-shoulders hair. You can use it on damp or dry hair. The bottle is a bit large/oddly shaped for travel, so I squirt whatever I need into another container. But the pump is well-designed (as are the other pump bottles from DHC), so that when you get to the end there isn't much left on the very bottom. Price, like most DHC, is a bit on the expensive side, I think £10.50 for the bottle, but it does go on sale. But this is good enough that I may just have to break down and repurchase at full price. I had some Body Shop grape serum (which also smells delicious) that I needed to use up, but the DHC emulsion is soooo much better.

About reviewer (189 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

10 years ago

I love this stuff. My hair is very fine and color treated with no life of its own. The DHC Emulsion makes my hair feels sooo soft and look amazing. It does not weigh my hair down at all and it styles like a dream. I am a big fan of the "It' s a 10" spray and I never thought I would find anything better (trust me, It's a 10 is awesome) but this stuff IS bit better, which is amazing considering how great "10" is.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

10 years ago

I like this a lot. I have long, fine, blonde hair -- color treated -- that tends to get dry on the ends and stringy looking during the day. When I use this emulsion, my hair is soft and moist without any hint of oiliness or being weighed down, and it doesn't get stringy. I used to have to wash my hair every day only because of the stringy look, but now I can skip a day and my hair will look great. (Sometimes I may have to use a little dry shampoo at the roots.) I ordered samples of this before I bought it. When you place an order you can choose 4 samples -- I recommend getting 2 or 3 of the same thing so you can really be sure if you like it before you buy. Edit: I've compared this with the After Bath Hair Oil. The emulsion seems to work better if you want a fluffier look, and the oil works better if you want a smoother look.

About reviewer (426 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

10 years ago

This product kicked my beloved Phyto leave-in out to the curb, not only price-wise but also quality-wise. This one simply feels more moisturizing to my hair than the Phyto, without being oily at all. My hair is very, very fine, plus it's thinning (yes, yikes), so I can't wear anything heavy. This fits the bill perfectly because it absrbs very nicely, it doesn't feel heavy a all. I'm going to be trying the DHC hair oil next, just because my hair needs a lot of moisture. Take a look at that one, it's got 100% rating. If it doesn't work, I'll definitely stick with this one!

About reviewer (145 reviews)

Age