Kenra Platinum Silkening Mist

Kenra Platinum Silkening Mist

4.7

Cyclomethicone, Isobutane, Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Fragrance, Methyleugenyl PEG 8 Dimethicone, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, PEG 8 Methicone, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Phytantriol

on 8/9/2017 3:21:00 PM

I wanted to give this product a five like the other reviewes, but I don't think is does anything for dry frizzy ends. It does add some weightless shine and smells wonderful, too. I just wish it did more for those crispy little ends. Also, after a day my hair feels like dirty dull stringy mess. Overall I think is just a weightless shine product and that is all. I won't be buying this again. Sorry I know it has great reviews, but it didn't work for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off, this smells like pure candy and it lingers in the hair...so if you don't like strong scented hair products then this isn't for you. For me it is. I have bleached ends and this makes my hair feels so incredibly soft with the kind of healthy shine that doesn't look greasy at all. If I over apply it will make my hair feel wet despite not looking wet. Either way this is a staple in my hair care routine, already have purchased it twice. I always feel naked if I don't finish my style with this.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

For reference: I have baby fine and thin hair.

If you are struggling with the same hair type as me, buy this. It's pricey, but it actually works, and it is nearly weightless. I have tried so many products to add a bit of shine, but they always weigh it down.

I just use a quick spritz after styling on dry hair, and my hair looks so much healthier, and has a nice sheen. It also adds a nice bit of softness too. It helps to minimize frizz and flyaways.

I do think you could over do this, spray too much and make your hair look almost greasy.

I am really surprised to read so many of the other reviewers liked the scent. It is the one drawback for me. It smells ok, it just is a bit odd smelling to me.

I am hoping at some point, that this company can put this product into a lightweight glaze type formula that you can apply with your hands too. Using the spray can be a little tricky to apply evenly. (if you suck at spraying the hair on the back of your head like I do!)

This is a HG for my hair. I just ordered a few more products from this line, and am excited to give them a try too.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product has been a game changer for my hair. I have straight hair that is oily at the roots and dry, fly away, borderline frizzy at the ends. I've struggled to find a product that smooths these ends without making the rest of my hair greasy or weighed down. I went to a new stylist who used this on my hair and I've used it ever since. My hair felt and looked healthier than it had in a long time but did not look greasy. Now I style my hair and once done, I finely spray this on my ends and any frizz is immediately gone leaving me with the healthiest movement and flow to my hair. For reference, I color my hair, either blow dry or flat iron daily and typically wash every other day.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

WOW this is close to a miracle in a bottle! I have blonde, fine, dry hair and this makes it INSTANTLY shiny and holds my bangs in place at the same time! The shine is incredible, it is mirror like and reflective. No shine product has worked this well for me. It smells SO good, like cotton candy and strawberries! Makes my hair healthy looking and I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

on 3/11/2016 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This gives me that just stepped out of the salon feeling. This is in fact one of the products my stylist used on my hair after a cut and highlight, which I then purchased. Unusual for me as I mostly go to Sally's and get the cheaper versions of big name hair products. But this really is a unique product, so I had to have it. After my stylist used this, my hair felt so amazingly soft and smooth, and it smelled good too. The time before I visited she tried to sell me on a Moroccan Oil smoothing treatment, but this left my hair so heavy and greasy that I needed to wash it almost immediately. The Kenra is totally different. For reference, I have long, highlighted hair and lots of it, however it is also very fine and prone to flyaways and frizz. Unlike many silkening/smoothing products, this goes on in such a fine mist that it doesn't weigh the hair down or make it look greasy in the least. The spray gives perfectly even distribution that is easy to control. It really does add shine and smoothness while controlling frizz/flyaways. No greasiness, and it does not shorten the time between washes. The finished look after I wash, blow dry and flat-iron shiny and polished, and the results last through the day. I also spray some on my paddle brush and comb through the ends and back of my hair between washes. I have been using this for years and repurchased a number of times. A few spritzes after washing and styling really does finish the job! The smell is sweet and very edible, a bit like BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar. I actually enjoy this fragrance, but it does fade quickly, so not to worry if smelling edible is not your style. One 5.3 oz bottle actually lasts me well over a year, and at about $18.00/bottle, that is pretty reasonable considering how long it lasts. Will continue to repurchase.

I really love Kenra products. Like love. This is so different and it makes my hair so glorious. It doesn't make it look greasy if I use too much. Perfection!

on 9/1/2013 7:25:00 PM

For me, this is a fabulous product to finish my hair with after blowdrying and/or straightening. This performs like a serum but applies those benefits in a more evenly distributed way. The result is a reduction in frizz, split ends, fly aways and it adds shine, and a delicious scent of strawberries and cream. I'd buy it just for the scent, quite frankly :)

I was/still am a bit iffy about the sprays i put into my hair (especially sprays to make your hair more silky or for shine) because many times they weigh your hair down and can make your hair oily. NOT this product. It adds a nice shine to my hair, makes is very silky soft and doesnt make it greasy at all. Also, i am a nut about the smell of my hair, and I always want it to smell good. Some products smell terrible or cover up the good smell of your shampoo and conditioner. This spray smells fantastic... I cant explain it, but its very light and kind of fruity. This is a good product from the Kenra line and I highly recommend it for all hair types!

on 3/2/2014 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

My hair stylist in the US used this on me and I was very impressed, I had to buy it. It was expensive but its worth it. It makes my long, thick, dark brown hair so shiny, smooth, and stays that way. The mist is very fine so you dont spray too much. Its not heavy or oily anyways. It smells absolutly delicious like fruit but not in a cheap way, like silky fruits if that makes sense. The packaging is sliver and sleek. When I go back home to the US, I plan to buy this again. Anything by Kenra always impresses me. HG status.

Popular Styling Products