Omega 3 supplement

Omega 3 supplement Omega 3 supplement

4.2

on 12/2/2011 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I think it is funny how people expect a supplement to work within a week. Let's get serious, in order for you to see or feel results you have to take the supplement daily and follow the dosage for a few months. I take Natures bounty fish oil 1000mg omega-3. The directions say to take 1 soft gel 3 times daily, preferably with a meal. Fish oil is awesome! It has helped me grow out my hair. My hair is healthier, stronger and LONG. I also take B-12 for hair growth. Everyone should take fish oil whether its for beauty or health purposes.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Dear everybody,
hey....okay i dont know for sure but i think fish oil might be the reason ive constantly kept losing my hair for the past 3 years. i had full density before. crapp. look i dont know for SURE if its causing it but its probable because of the high mercury and toxins in fish oil. ummm...i really dont know what to do. cuz i just realized that i didnt have any problems until i added fish oil. i cant believe it took me so long to realize this. im so angry. im going to do a further investigation and i promise ill get back to you guys.

also, please dont let my review stop u from taking fish oil. omega 3 is wonderful and your body absolutely needs it. please just be careful okay? be wary of anything out of the ordinary.

will get back to you in a week or so. take care <3

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love the way my skin feels when I take Omega 3. A+

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

(Cross-posted here cuz this is basically just wild fish oil, with a coupla extra ingredients).
For Genuine Health o3mega+ glow (Genuine Health is rated among the highest brands for the quality of their oil, safety standards, etc: http://www.genuinehealth.com/o3mega-research)

I heard about them on the awesome Gala Darling's site when she was asked to cite some secrets to her good skin. I always trust what she puts on the site so I decided to go & buy them next time I was in Canada.
UPDATE: My dark circles (not hereditary) have up & left!
I have been pulling a lot of late nights & my sleep cycle's all messed up (jet lag, unpacking, stress), so I didn't expect "radiant" to be a good word for moi right now. But it is :)
Miracle product!
ORIGINAL:
Was gonna wait 4 weeks to review this, but I'm so happy with this after 2 weeks I might as well go ahead.
BTW, don't bother spending money on this stuff if you have no plans to reduce your intake of saturated fat. The reason is that both the good & the bad fats compete for absorption. End result would be minimal if you don't health-ify your diet.
If you want detailed info into WHY this product works you can see this link
I always research stuff like this before buying, and I was satisfied with this company. If you're wondering, why not just eat fish? It's cuz the kind that's usually available contains heavy metals/pollutants. The stuff in this has been FILTERED (molecular distillation) to remove the bad stuff.
Anyway I've been taking 4 a day as it says on the bottle. And btw this whole past week I've been super stressed & busy since I just moved to a new country. (That's why I bought this stuff). My skin is so so so perfect. Normally I'd expect acne with stress. I've also been taking Stress Formula tablets by Nature's Sunshine, so that might contribute.
"Results you can expect with o3mega+ glow include:
Increased moisture, firmness and tone (yep!!!!)
Reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles (don't have any yet..)
Extra protection against harmful UV sun rays (really? great!)
Naturally glowing, radiant skin (yepppp)"
It's really expensive, in my opinion: $22 for 60 capsules. :'( But yeah, ppl spend more on external skincare, and according to Paula whatsherface, that doesn't always work. Why not spend on stuff that works, right?
Active ingredients include fish oil, rosemary extract, EPA, vit E, lycophene, vit C, bilberry extract, and 0.25 mg zinc. You can google any of these, to see the research done on health-giving or skin benefits.

on 12/4/2008 12:01:00 PM

i take 2 pills of omega 369 every day and they seem to really help improving my skin condition.. i break out waaay less than i used to..

on 11/18/2008 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been taking these since I was a kid...my dad SWEARS by fish oil (he's been taking it since he was a kid too, but he took it in the pure oil form), claims it's the reason why he's 53 without a single gray hair...

I don't think this is a miracle product. I still break out and my hair looks the same. Maybe I'll find out in the long run how beneficial this really is but I'd chalk up up my skin and hair to genetics more than what I eat...

EDIT: oh jeezus. i guess i really needed this after all. i stopped taking this for a few weeks during exams and my skin looked TERRIBLE - am back on the omega-3 supplements, hopefully my skin will clear up.

on 12/24/2007 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

These didn't do anything for me other than make my hair greasy. I might try another brand, due to all the glowing reviews, but right now, I'm not happy. UPDATE: After trying out a new brand from my health food store, I've actually noticed a big improvement, just during the past week. My skin looks amazing, and my nails are beautiful. I also have noticed a great improvement with my mood, my attention span is better, and I feel all around happier. These are beauty pills! :) I keep mine in the freezer, otherwise the fish burps get me.

on 10/29/2007 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I began using this product two months ago. I purchased a Walgreens brand Omega 3 fish oil coated type (no fishy burps!) and began with consuming one a day and then moved on to the recommended dose of two/day after a week.

IT IS A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!

I have good hands but my nails NEVER used to grow properly (the index and middle finger nails especially...even with nail hardener, they'd eventually start flaking and then chipping off)...I've now got strong hard nails that grow BEAUTIFULLY....I've already been getting compliments on my hands its only been a month and a half. I have also noticed that my hair is growing MUCH faster and seems to retain a nice sheen to it. I can't believe the changes I've seen in such a short period of time. My skin (naturally oily) may have had a bit more sheen to it the first week or two, however as its getting colder and drier outside anyway, I haven't noticed anything significant.

The only downside to this product thus far is that I've got to go for haircuts and shave my legs far more often but its definately worth it. I'm completely amazed at how wonderful this supplement is!!!

The only factor I'd change is that I would next time by a more expensive pill if it was somehow assured to be mercury free as this toxin can build in your system and cause problems later in life.

on 10/24/2007 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product made me breakout with huge cystic like pimples on my chin and forehead within two weeks of taking the pills. Sure I've always had acne proned skin... but NEVER ever these kinds of pimples! These were like the pimples on top of pimples on top of pimples... and a whitehead on the very top... it was horrible! I stopped taking them... and within a week... the cystic pimples disappeared.... I'm sure it works wonders for some people... but definitely not for me :(

on 10/9/2007 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I suspect most people will have unexciting results like mine --- I took fish oil pills for about a month and a half, then switched to cod liver oil because it offers a higher dose of EPA and DHA at a lower cost. So I've been on fish oil for about 2 months now.

Hair, skin ---no visible improvement in terms of hydration. But I hardly get any pimples now and the one or two small ones I got disappeared very quickly. I have acne-prone skin, took accutane 7 years ago after which the acne returned but of a less severe variety. Nails grow very fast, as most people have noted.

What confuses me about the reviews is how some people have noticed such dramatic results, whether good or bad, often at low doses and a very short duration of time,eg 2 weeks . I am taking it at pretty high dosage (I now aim for 3g of EPA+DHA--- if you look at the label, the amount of EPA and DHA usually adds up to only about 300mg per fish oil capsule. I am following some of the guidelines from acne.org regarding the dosage.) but I don't see anything major, nothing exciting to shout about. I think most people will have results similar to mine unless they've taken it for a much longer period of time---like 6 months or longer. Will update because I plan to take this long-term.

EDIT: 21/7/2010: I'm an on-and-off long-term user. I don't really see any visible difference, sorry. I hope it's doing good stuff to my insides though.

UPDATE: 15/11/2015: Nails and hair definitely grow faster. Smoother body skin texture with improvement in cracked heels. Maybe now that I'm getting older, I notice the difference more when I take it vs not taking it.